If you can't play a role in ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
After working through a lot of my placement matches for S3, I've started copy+pasting this message from a sticky note on my desktop:

this is my order of skill level, though I'll fill in where needed:
jungle > top > support > adc > mid

It seems to facilitate discussion a bit better than trying to call my best roles. My two cents.
The fact that you need another program to facilitate playing League is an embarrassing example of the state of the community.

EDIT: OMG THIS GUY INSULTED OUR PERFECT COMMUNITY LETS DOWNVOTE HIM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO IMPROVE IT

Slev

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyraxis View Post
I mean, he's right. If you can't do everything, you shouldn't be in ranked. That being said, they could work with you.
I can play four out five roles. Most pro players play one. That's the problem with not diamond level elo. At diamond, they let you play the role you excel at, at low elo, they force you to play what's left. I'm sure the pros are fairly good at most roles, but the point is, rank is supposed to represent professional gaming, not just "more jerk than normal."

gradiuscypher

01-08-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnDirtyCat View Post
The fact that you need another program to facilitate playing League is an embarrassing example of the state of the community.
It's not really another program, it's just an ease of communication to stir up discussion and to show the team where I can play competently.

theuberone

01-08-2013

Quote:
It's not really another program, it's just an ease of communication to stir up discussion and to show the team where I can play competently.

an embarrassing example of the state of the community.

Masa

01-08-2013

lolsoloqueue

SchierkeWiking

01-08-2013

That's what I love about being a support main. No fighting over roles most of the time, I know all my champions very well and have gained a lot of knowledge about how bot lane compositions work.

Brigaldio

01-08-2013

Quote:
Nonetheless, it seems like something that could be easily implemented. Have a roster of roles that you can check off 1-5, then matchmaking automatically assigns you a role based on your choice. It would cut down on a lot of trolling.

I realize Riot doesn't necessarily want to ingrain any one particular meta, but at what point do you start designing things around the way the game is actually being played? Meta concerns are already pretty fairly entrenched in current champion design. It's not that much more of a stretch to facilitate role calling, particularly if it will solve a huge problem within the community.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
After working through a lot of my placement matches for S3, I've started copy+pasting this message from a sticky note on my desktop:

this is my order of skill level, though I'll fill in where needed:
jungle > top > support > adc > mid

It seems to facilitate discussion a bit better than trying to call my best roles. My two cents.
I've often done something very similar to that. It usually works out. Not all the time, though..

Slev

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigaldio View Post
Nonetheless, it seems like something that could be easily implemented. Have a roster of roles that you can check off 1-5, then matchmaking automatically assigns you a role based on your choice. It would cut down on a lot of trolling.

I realize Riot doesn't necessarily want to ingrain any one particular meta, but at what point do you start designing things around the way the game is actually being played? Meta concerns are already pretty fairly entrenched in current champion design. It's not that much more of a stretch to facilitate role calling, particularly if it will solve a huge problem within the community.
Considering how every patch has made the meta more ingrained, especially with the new assassin's and bruisers, riot should stop lying to themselves. They've been playing in this meta for two years now and they aren't going to stop. They might as well start improving gameplay around it.

Flash Initiation

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
lolsoloqueue
#yoloqueue