All the hate on Riot.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

FACT: Rage or Calm, to have one's voice heard on a forum like this requires a level of luck many do not possess; myself included.

Rauron

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
And it's also really important to understand that while we do love getting feedback, sometimes the popular decision isn't actually the correct one, and we have to say, "We hear your feedback, and we appreciate the way you stated it, but this is what we're going to do anyway." These are often the hardest decisions to make because it's usually a matter of you guys not having all the information we do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
you guys not having all the information we do.
The steady loss of transparency is pretty tragic, and one of the main reasons I feel disconnected from Riot. The open channels and discussions are rather drier, these days. Why?

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfinRider View Post
The only thing I have against Riot is the Tribunal. Other people banning other people is injust. We need more neutral people to judge. Not trolls.
That's not the problem with the Tribunal. Most people who judge are impartial but I feel they judge too harshly. You can see who the LoL players are in communities like Dota 2 since they take any heavy-handed criticism as an excuse to report.

Now, despite the fact that Pendragon is a horrible person for completely destroying a thriving ARTS community in order to promote League of Legends years ago, I can see why he came up with the Tribunal. This was created before Riot was acquired by Tenecent Holdings (Chinese Overlords). The game had gotten so ridiculously popular that the community was getting out of hand, and due to the unexpected success, it was now impossible for Rioters to police the community themselves due to having few people on staff able to do it. Tribunal was designed to weed out the worst of the worst, people that even the Dota 2 and HoN community would find loathsome. As those people got banned or left the game and Riot was taken over by the Chinese Overlords, it marred the current Tribunal system into unjustly punishing people who are slightly rude but otherwise nowhere near the levels of horrible of the first offenders thrown into the system. With those people gone and Riot now having a huge amount of financial resources, they choose to keep the flawed Tribunal system instead of hiring on a (very large) team of admins...probably because Tribunal is essentially free labor.

I'm not sure what Lyte and his team are doing, but if they're upholding the "values" that Pendragon first threw up, then it's going to stay heavily flawed. The one inane part about the Tribunal is that you're being punished for rules you never agreed to follow in the first place. The ToU/EULA states that Riot can suspend your account for any reasons whatsoever, so legally they can get away with this. It's just an issue of ethics; you're being forced to follow a set of rules you never agreed to follow in the first place.

Shunkwugga

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
The steady loss of transparency is pretty tragic, and one of the main reasons I feel disconnected from Riot. The open channels and discussions are rather drier, these days. Why?
NDA's and generally more professionalism.

Trumanator

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
It's just an issue of ethics; you're being forced to follow a set of rules you never agreed to follow in the first place.
You mean that Summoner's Code that you agree to as part of the TOS?

Delimon

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous Arrows View Post
I scroll through these forums and what I see alot of is people being really mean about riot.
Everything they do gets hate, if theres something wrong with a champion then they are idiots and they are useless for making too many teemo skins instead of buffing someones favourite champion or nerfing darius.

The way I see it Riot created a FREE and fun game which is extremly popular and there is no way to meet the demands of everyone. It just really annoys me how rude some people are instead of just appreciating the effort they put into the game.
If you don't like it you shouldn't play,
That is all
Rant over
They removed Force of Nature

/Thread

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

01-08-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Well, part of it is lessons learned. We've been bitten hard by revealing too much too early (Magma Chamber anyone?). I can guarantee you that we want to reveal all the cool things to you, but we need to be absolutely sure we're ready, or we're going to face lots of mismanaged expectations.

And part of it is that we simply didn't have a lot of information to share with you years ago. These days, we have a large focus on collecting as much data as we can in order to make more informed decisions. That is forcing us to answer new questions, like how can we share this information with all of you? How much can we share legally? In each different region?

What are the ramifications of player expectations if we share that information? Information is extremely nuanced to interpret, which is why we have guys whose entire careers and specializations are about gathering and interpreting data.

It's not an easy problem, and I certainly don't have an answer.

CthuIhu

01-08-2013

Most of the people happy with the game are,.. playing it!

Delimon

01-08-2013

I just have a question, why'd you remove force of nature? I'm just curious. . . I liked that item (maybe a little too much?) because it fit in perfectly with my hp regen runes. Perhaps that's why? Too much regen? But if that was the case wouldn't it be better to nerf it (even if it was a big nerf) than to remove the item altogether?

Hashmäl

01-08-2013

I wish riot would concentrate on fixing their game instead of constantly releasing for champions that are buggy, underpowered/overpowered, broken or all of the above. Riot really wants that $10 per champ don't they?

123456 ... 8