If you can't play a role in ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Please say SOMETHING before picks begin. Not after first pick. Not after everyone else has picked. Not after game starts. BEFORE.

Slev

01-08-2013

I remember in S2 I'd always say, "adc" then when the first pick said, "You're low pick, I get adc." I'd say, "fine I can't jungle though" and then they'd say, "too bad, you're in ranked queue, if you can't play a role, don't play ranked."

DamnDirtyCat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

I'd say something, but if you're just going to force me into the role anyway after spamming chat with "I ONLEE TOP OR MID OR FEED" then I really see no point in engaging in reasonable discussion with you.

Layla

01-08-2013

Everyone except last pick listed which roles they preferred and could play and jungle was listed twice. Everyone picked and jungle was leftover. Last pick locks in Maokai and then says, "Oh, I can't jungle."

No excuse.

The Noxian Man

01-08-2013

Bump

SunshineFox

01-08-2013

I've done this before, also said hey I'm really good at these champs, then said what champs I was good at "least banned champs" He banned them then raged cause I played one I wasn't really good at. Good times

LOLBRBIDied

01-08-2013

It's not that I can't play it.

However that Said before anyone has locked in I make sure to say "ADC is my weakest" It isnt that I can't do it. It's that It's my weakest. xD

Kyraxis

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slev View Post
I remember in S2 I'd always say, "adc" then when the first pick said, "You're low pick, I get adc." I'd say, "fine I can't jungle though" and then they'd say, "too bad, you're in ranked queue, if you can't play a role, don't play ranked."
I mean, he's right. If you can't do everything, you shouldn't be in ranked. That being said, they could work with you.

Layla

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnDirtyCat View Post
I'd say something, but if you're just going to force me into the role anyway after spamming chat with "I ONLEE TOP OR MID OR FEED" then I really see no point in engaging in reasonable discussion with you.
If you say something and you're still forced into a role, fine. The team has no excuse.
If you say nothing and expect everyone else to do something about it, it is your fault.

gradiuscypher

01-08-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

After working through a lot of my placement matches for S3, I've started copy+pasting this message from a sticky note on my desktop:

this is my order of skill level, though I'll fill in where needed:
jungle > top > support > adc > mid

It seems to facilitate discussion a bit better than trying to call my best roles. My two cents.