All the hate on Riot.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luminous Arrows

01-08-2013

I scroll through these forums and what I see alot of is people being really mean about riot.
Everything they do gets hate, if theres something wrong with a champion then they are idiots and they are useless for making too many teemo skins instead of buffing someones favourite champion or nerfing darius.

The way I see it Riot created a FREE and fun game which is extremly popular and there is no way to meet the demands of everyone. It just really annoys me how rude some people are instead of just appreciating the effort they put into the game.
If you don't like it you shouldn't play,
That is all
Rant over

Pijji

01-08-2013

if we allow it to be a free game where they can do whatever they want
this game would be dead just like all the other thousands of games that have been doing that for 10 years?

Bunta

01-08-2013

So you are saying we shouldnt criticize what Riot does? they made this game (whether free or not is irrelevant) with the intention of having a community of gamers. If we dislike something or something is broken/wrong with the game, why shouldnt we state it?
Are you saying (with the analog you gave) that is it ok to withhold fixing characters just to release another skin for a character that already has too many?
Dont get me wrong i understand some people might be a bit harsh with Riot, but overall they have every right to express their opinion on any matter of the game. Yes the game may be free, but people have/are spending money to help support this game/company.

Luminous Arrows

01-08-2013

Don't get me wrong I don't mind criticism If its constructive but alot of people just seem to be a bit too harsh as you said.

1st HanarSpectre

01-08-2013

Just a side note here.
Free to play is a business model, this is how they chose to make their money, it is not and never has been a favor to you.
Free to play does not excuse poor judgement and execution should they happen.

Riot does get a lot of hate, some it of perfectly warranted and some undeserved, but this holds true for any big companies in any field.

Catuar

Recruiter

01-08-2013

It may look like hate, but deep inside us, we really love riot and LoL, it's only that we don't want it to die like the other games online =/.

Primanocte

01-08-2013

The buck stops with Riot. All criticism, valid or not, is rightly directed to their doorstep. The fact that this game is F2P makes player feedback all the more important because keeping us happy is what is supporting their game. Riot has their own vision for where this game is going in the future, and how it should be designed, balanced and played. I doubt they'd have gotten this far and been this successful if they weren't capable of separating the valid criticism from the pointless rants and adapting that to their vision for the game. Also keep in mind, that if Riot is truly savvy, useful feedback can be gleaned from even a hate filled rage post about the latest OP champ or item.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

01-08-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
The buck stops with Riot. All criticism, valid or not, is rightly directed to their doorstep. The fact that this game is F2P makes player feedback all the more important because keeping us happy is what is supporting their game. Riot has their own vision for where this game is going in the future, and how it should be designed, balanced and played. I doubt they'd have gotten this far and been this successful if they weren't capable of separating the valid criticism from the pointless rants and adapting that to their vision for the game. Also keep in mind, that if Riot is truly savvy, useful feedback can be gleaned from even a hate filled rage post about the latest OP champ or item.
This about sums it up.

That said, it's much more useful to us when we have calm, collected discussions with you guys, as opposed to rants. And it's also really important to understand that while we do love getting feedback, sometimes the popular decision isn't actually the correct one, and we have to say, "We hear your feedback, and we appreciate the way you stated it, but this is what we're going to do anyway." These are often the hardest decisions to make because it's usually a matter of you guys not having all the information we do.

So, to reiterate, it's not about not raging because we "don't deserve it" (whether or not we do), but rather about not raging because it's the fastest way to get your opinions and views to the people that make the decisions that can assuage your concerns. It's for your benefit.

Resets R Us

01-08-2013

The only thing I have against Riot is the Tribunal. Other people banning other people is injust. We need more neutral people to judge. Not trolls.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

My only beef is Heimerdinger's treatment. Seriously, if you guys deleted him tomorrow it would be a kindness over drawing out the suffering you put him and his players through. That being said, I would leave if you ended up deleting him at this stage, so please don't, as you have a great game. I just am beyond tired of the lies.

12345 ... 8