RIOT: What is your policy on death threats/wishes?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff My Singed View Post
Why?
Wanting someone to die is way different than saying you are going to kill someone.

Zlain

01-08-2013

Death Wish is you yourself want to die. Morons.

8 Bit Robot

01-08-2013

Trash talk is part of being a man. Man up

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Ignore it, it's the internet.

Neh

Recruiter

01-08-2013

All LoL players are hardcore straight up cop-killers, all death threats made should be taken very seriously and punished severely.

Teraxe

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Robot View Post
Trash talk is part of being a man. Man up

Read the quote, the title made me think the same thing. I figured he was refer to people threatening to kill themselves. No, he is actually talking about someone wish that the OP was dead.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

01-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If you feel genuinely threatened you should contact law enforcement, and we will always cooperate with them.

requium

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If you feel genuinely threatened you should contact law enforcement, and we will always cooperate with them.
Thats good and all, but most people dont feel threatened, but its still unpleasant and there should be a way to deal with harsher toxic players. I have a suggestion if you'd care to hear it.

Ragebeard Manric

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by requium View Post
Thats good and all, but most people dont feel threatened, but its still unpleasant and there should be a way to deal with harsher toxic players. I have a suggestion if you'd care to hear it.
If you don't feel threatened, just report them or even send a support ticket and it gets dealt with. What about this deserves more attention if you know it's not a serious threat? I mean, people who actually do this are probably the biggest ragers in the game so I don't think it would be a stretch to say they will get banned very soon.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Police: "911, how can we help you?"

Summoner: "um yah, someone just threatened me in LoL"

Police: "Sir, 911 isn't meant for jokes, and no I don't find threats funny"

Summoner: "No, a person playing a video game called lol threatened me noob! JFC L2listen"

Police: "Sir, do you know where this person lives or do they know where you live?"

Summoner: "... what? No but that's besides the point! Fkn noobs do your job!"

*Click*

123456 ... 7