So I can't bot-Jax...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

01-07-2013

I appreciate the advice everyone, I will now sit here and feel bad for never remembering that lantern is now a thing.

bierfaust

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Tonight I have been dominated bottom lane (playing as Jax) by:
- Singed
- Teemo
- Vayne

(I'd link to my lolmatches but apparently it's not running at startup despite settings to the contrary. Neat!)

I did win about half of my games but that was playing against a heimer that mysteriously went aspd/on-hit build and a team with an afker - those that put up about as much fight as a wet piece of tissue paper. Sooooo... I feel like I'm not really getting how to do it.

I tried to build somewhat defensively and force a duel as everyone I was up against could outrange/outpush me. (And I learned the value of rushing a phage against anyone who tries to kite you )

So... what's the trick to bottom lane Jax? Ok, go!
And not a single **** was given because you are playing Jax.

NamKim

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I appreciate the advice everyone, I will now sit here and feel bad for never remembering that lantern is now a thing.
I used to play a lot of Jax...then I stopped once I realized I was winning for playing Jax instead of being a good player. But that might be different now with all the new changes. Although, Wukong is now my bruiser of choice because people don't know how to counter stealth champions at my elo yet. Which is a ton of fun. HUE HUE HUE

But I digress.

I talked to a high-elo Dominion player to give me some advice for my Wukong build. I keep his build suggestions on a "post it" that I keep on my desk. So, yeah...I would suggest doing that so you won't forget. Not saying you have a bad memory or anything. It's just I tend to remember everything outside of a game but forget everything during the game.

The Fizznity

01-08-2013

Vayne wins till about 10-12 minutes. Play defensive and get help, then once you have some sort of slow (FF slow OP) just go balls deep and dunk her. The mindgame is something like this:

* Jump on her, she can condemn or not condemn
* If she condemns you away, wait for jump CD (you are maxing it second, right?) and jump on her w/ stun and kill her while condemn is down
* If not, force a favorable trade
* Repeat till vayne dies

Make sure you're getting Ninja Tabi, Warden's Mail, and Frozen Fist. Cheap items which only 1100 gold of which get in the way of your damage, and put you >200 armor.

'Course, if it's a vayne thats getting someone to camp, then you're gonna need outside help.

ManPandas

01-08-2013

While I dont play jax, I do play a lot of botlane. So heres some general opening advice. Against singed you really need to just focus on sustain. Id suggest starting with: boots, vamp, crystaline flask (3 charge per b potions). Thats exactly your starting gold on dom. After mercs, next get a second vamp scepter, then itll be time for iether catalyst or negatron cloak.

By the time hes got BFT + upgraded boots, you should be able to have: vamp x2, mercs, and odin's veil. Skip over sheen/triforce, its just not a sustain item. The longgame goals should be: hextech gunblade, sanguin, odins viel (or abyssal scepter to be aggressive). And an attack speed item or two (wits end, zephyr, or even kiteas isnt unreasonable if hes going heavy hp).

The Fizznity

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManPandas View Post
By the time hes got BFT + upgraded boots, you should be able to have: vamp x2, mercs, and odin's veil. Skip over sheen/triforce, its just not a sustain item. The longgame goals should be: hextech gunblade, sanguin, odins viel (or abyssal scepter to be aggressive). And an attack speed item or two (wits end, zephyr, or even kiteas isnt unreasonable if hes going heavy hp).
Uhh, that totals about 5460, which is a vamp and a half higher than the cost of BFT+sorcs/mercs/w.e....

ManPandas

01-08-2013

Yes, sorry. Singed typically doesnt start boots->BFT; his starting build Typically will include a Catalyst or prospector ring. So I should have said "by the time singed has his upped boots, cata/prospect, and finished torch..."

Phourc

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
And not a single **** was given because you are playing Jax.
Yes, I'm trying to carry myself out of two-revive Elo. Sue me.

Also: It's not working cause I've never run Jax botlane before. xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
* If not, force a favorable trade
This is the one I had the most trouble with cause she gets bonus movespeed to chase your ass down - there's no backing off without running to the far side of the tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Make sure you're getting Ninja Tabi, Warden's Mail, and Frozen Fist. Cheap items which only 1100 gold of which get in the way of your damage, and put you >200 armor.
Hm... So probably super early Grez to counter the stealth, tabi, bruta, WM and Icepuncher. Now to hope I'll get matched against a Vayne *never* so I can try it again. xP

(I need to remember to get sheen earlier as well, since that burst is retarded.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManPandas View Post
Gunblade/rageblade Jax might actually be fun with the new rageblade passive. 20% attack speed, 10% life steal and 10% spell vamp until you exit combat? Yes plz.

As for your build, I'd need some sort of slow to let me stick to singed but stacking sustain and MR is probably the way to go.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Despite the stigma about jax and dominion, the fact is that there is a reasonable list of heroes that can take him to town early bot lane (riven and darius are my personal favorites).

Part of the reason he's universally loathed is because despite thoroughly spanking him bot, he still typically manages to go top and faceroll your team once he's hit level 18 and has a triforce.

So against bad matchups, get someone to swap out or hold your hand bot lane for the first 10-15 minutes.
Pretty much. I can crush a Jax all game, even going as high as 6-0 against one. But then the magic time comes and his scaling just goes into hyper mode and there is no way to win.

As far as Teemo/Vayne go, try to kill creeps, and if you see you have more creeps nearby than they do go hyper aggressive early.

And as always, control the health pickup.