This Tribunal System..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneReich

Member

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
I speed on occasion. If a cop pulls me over. I pay the fine. I did something wrong and got caught. Doesn't make me a hypocrite to think other people should be fined as well. I don't think anyone here is arguing that, should they make it to the Tribunal for games they displayed bad behavior in, they shouldn't get punished.
I'll put it in your words then, since your so thick in understanding my entire argument.
You speed because a crazy mad man runs into the back of your car. You are fined - this is the tribunal system now. You speed because if you didn't a car would run into you - you still get fined. This is the tribunal system now.

The tribunal system I ask is that of a fair punishment equal to the crime, I don't see the huge fuss in that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneReich

Member

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresin View Post
Please read section 4
Retaliation may be the wrong thing to do, but they shouldn't be punished as much as they have been


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slayersamelia

Senior Member

01-08-2013

You know I almost missed this in the initial read of your OP and wondered if anyone brought it up, but I didn't see it if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReich View Post
Above is roundabout one of the reasons i got temporarily banned.
You were temporarily banned... so you've been punished a number of times in some fashion and (as deservedly banned people usually do) you haven't posted your reform card - instead you linked someone else's in order to try and support your argument... which failed btw.

On top of that you've quoted only one line from your reform card that in your opinion is the only possible thing you could have been banned for (in a "roundabout" way, so probably edited slightly). This shows a lack of understanding of your own behaviour, or an effort to hide the truth from those you are trying to convince.

As far as I am concerned your entire argument is based on a false premise - that the Tribunal is in the wrong. Your inability to understand the Summoners Code, to realise that lowering yourself to the same level as trolls is unacceptable and your effort to displace blame onto others (especially the Tribunal voters) is only indicative of your general attitude problem and therefore why you've now been temp banned.

At the end of the day, as has been said many times by others and Riot elsewhere - responding to toxic behaviour with toxic behaviour is not acceptable. Just because you believe you are entitled to be toxic back, doesn't mean Riot or anyone else agrees with you. If you can't mute toxic players and report them after the game instead of being a jerk back then your temp ban won't be long followed by a permaban.

Instead of blaming everyone else you need to look hard at your own behaviour and make some serious changes to how you interact with people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneReich

Member

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velore View Post
You know I almost missed this in the initial read of your OP and wondered if anyone brought it up, but I didn't see it if they did.



You were temporarily banned... so you've been punished a number of times in some fashion and (as deservedly banned people usually do) you haven't posted your reform card - instead you linked someone else's in order to try and support your argument... which failed btw.

On top of that you've quoted only one line from your reform card that in your opinion is the only possible thing you could have been banned for (in a "roundabout" way, so probably edited slightly). This shows a lack of understanding of your own behaviour, or an effort to hide the truth from those you are trying to convince.

As far as I am concerned your entire argument is based on a false premise - that the Tribunal is in the wrong. Your inability to understand the Summoners Code, to realise that lowering yourself to the same level as trolls is unacceptable and your effort to displace blame onto others (especially the Tribunal voters) is only indicative of your general attitude problem and therefore why you've now been temp banned.

At the end of the day, as has been said many times by others and Riot elsewhere - responding to toxic behaviour with toxic behaviour is not acceptable. Just because you believe you are entitled to be toxic back, doesn't mean Riot or anyone else agrees with you. If you can't mute toxic players and report them after the game instead of being a jerk back then your temp ban won't be long followed by a permaban.

Instead of blaming everyone else you need to look hard at your own behaviour and make some serious changes to how you interact with people.
The ban I recieved was gone over a week ago - I deserved my temperorary ban. However, what I am saying is for the people around me who have recieved unfair bans.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneReich View Post
I'll put it in your words then, since your so thick in understanding my entire argument.
You speed because a crazy mad man runs into the back of your car. You are fined - this is the tribunal system now. You speed because if you didn't a car would run into you - you still get fined. This is the tribunal system now.

The tribunal system I ask is that of a fair punishment equal to the crime, I don't see the huge fuss in that.
Are you aware that in the United States of America there is a "Three strike rule?"

Essentially if you keep doing stupid things, then the punishments get worse. Much, much worse. I think RIOT is doing a fine job. I still disagree with some things via the tribunal... But it's hardly uneffective.