Tribunal is just crazy.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axxlon

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5919783/#nogo

Two weeks? For what?

Geez. Out of control. I didn't know trying champs in obscure ways was against the rules.
Waaaaaaaaaaait waitwaitwaitwait.

That post has 40 downvotes and it can still be seen?

Berri Bunny

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
There is. Same way we are doing it right now. Typing. In game, you can interact with people without typing of course.
League is a social game- people play with other people. That is a form of interaction.
Interaction: Reciprocal action or influence: "interaction between the two countries".
Sure. People can report for anything they want. But that doesn't mean you will get punished. If you get lots and lots of reports over a short period of time (which is what it takes to get into the Tribunal), it's more likely that you are being unpleasant. One or two because someone didn't like your summoner name isn't going to cut it.
Then how come I never get to play what I want, spend all games yielding roles to people, get threatened with reports in every game, and usually called bad/feeder/retarded/etc.

Hm?

Xulsigae

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
yeah you can see that, it's pretty common information around the forums

Whether we believe it or not, no one knows for certain, and that is a problem in my opinion

The summoners code isn't a rulebook, it's a guideline. This is another issue, since the rules are simply not clear enough what should and shouldn't be punished. Plus most people ignore section 7 of the summoners code entirely. since it is easier to look at the bad things.

As for the last thing... you would see alot less report threats if people knew their actions were going to be put up for review as well. It would force people to be nicer if they really want someone punished, and i feel that is a step in the right direction.

This could probably be a whole new thread, but it's just examples of how things could be improved without losing the aspects of the tribunal that are actually good. like removing truly toxic players and scaring people straight
Hmm. Odd, since Lyte says 60% of people in the Tribunal get punished. But what does he know. Not like he has the figures or anything.
From the FAQ:
Why doesn’t Riot post a list of rules for what you can be banned for?
We believe in giving the community what it needs to define itself and that includes what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Any rules provided by Riot Games could unnecessarily influence the community.

Why would fewer reports be a good thing? If you over use the report function, you get less weight on your reports. There is already a built in function to punish people who report too much.

There are many many threads about this. Your 'counter punish' idea isn't new (not your fault). The same arguments against the Tribunal get brought forth, and they fail to make any headway in the face of logic and facts.

Katarina PENTA

01-07-2013

The first game was not bannable. The second one is blatant though.

Xulsigae

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
Then how come I never get to play what I want, spend all games yielding roles to people, get threatened with reports in every game, and usually called bad/feeder/retarded/etc.

Hm?
Because you might be doing something to irk them.
I've been called bad/feeder/retarded many many many many times before and likely reported many times. Never been warned.

jebhyud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Troll and feeder. Good job tribunal.

Dreamings

01-07-2013

Dude that sucks i have never been got in trouble yet

Anemonet

01-07-2013

Case 1 wasn't even mildly punishable, it very well could've been someone trying someone new and not being a meta sheep, and having a bad game.

Now I see arguments like "he chose to farm instead of being in fights" that's a punishable offense? I could've swore split pushing was a strategy. Abusing occupying the enemy so someone else could do something else.

If there is a team fight, the entire team does NOT have to be there, that is in no place a rule, if so prove it.

Lastly, you had NO idea the skill level of the OP, none whatsoever, you don't know what was honest or dishonest, but the fact more than half of you seflrighteous punishers see something you think MIGHT be punishable you make sure to click that button.

Smite on MF? Does it say in the rule books you can't take smite unless your jungling? Or there can be 1 smite on a team? When I was early into this game and I would lane against heimerdinger I would take smite specifically for when I would dish out trades with him.

Not only is the first case unpunishable, but the second one.. lol... the second one, there's no reason. Not a single reason. You don't send people to court, and punish them strictly on what they might have done wrong in the past, you punish them for what the case is based on.

"Hmm... well they're here... we can't punish them for stealing this, because they clearly didn't, but... now that I check.. he has unpaid parking tickets, take em to the brigs boys."

Krimson62

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
Hmm. Odd, since Lyte says 60% of people in the Tribunal get punished. But what does he know. Not like he has the figures or anything.
From the FAQ:
Why doesn’t Riot post a list of rules for what you can be banned for?
We believe in giving the community what it needs to define itself and that includes what is acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Any rules provided by Riot Games could unnecessarily influence the community.

Why would fewer reports be a good thing? If you over use the report function, you get less weight on your reports. There is already a built in function to punish people who report too much.

There are many many threads about this. Your 'counter punish' idea isn't new (not your fault). The same arguments against the Tribunal get brought forth, and they fail to make any headway in the face of logic and facts.
60% is the lowest ive ever seen the number. people have spammed punish as tests, and it is always between 70-80%. And no i dont honestly trust lyte. since he contradicts his own system whenever he needs to come into a thread and he will use information we did not have to determine that riot will do nothing. If he is going to step in he should use the same information we were given in the tribunal to make a decision. Riot downright refuses to admit there are ANY flaws in their system, and always strive to make it look better than it is.

according to lyte just being in the tribunal is bannable since it takes so many reports to get there... but if that's true every case should have at least 5 games to judge.

fewer reports would be good because it means people are being nicer to each other.

Do we really want to just punish? or would we like to reform?

As for the community deciding the rules... We have one of if not the worst community in the gaming world... You really want that community deciding things?

Wrck

01-07-2013

You instalock mf with smite. I'd assume you planned on jungling. Is that true, did you plan on being the jungler?