Should the maximum camera zoom out be increased?

Yes! (Any additional reasoning?) 795 86.98%
No... (Why not?) 119 13.02%
Voters: 914. You may not vote on this poll

Camera zoom out is insufficient. Let me zoom out more? Reasoning included.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BenevolenTT

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumperino View Post
I play with the camera fixed. This puts me at a disadvantage. FIX THE GAME.

To be able to see my full view range playing on one side but only allowing me to see part of my full view range on the other side is BROKEN.

I've payed a lot of money into this game. You need to listen to your paying customers.
Locked camera is great while you're learning the ropes, but it is not, and will not ever be the optimum way of playing this game.

Most RTS's and MOBAs have a limited zoom level to balance the playing field and for reasons not just to make your life miserable, they have decided to keep it simple and keep the zoom that they've had since beta.

I see no need for flipping the map or zooming out. Just learn to adapt to the rules given to you. Do you complain that you can not win in Chess with just a pawn? Or maybe it needs an extra row and column for mobility? It's called setting the standards so you can learn to adapt to it.

Gumperino

12-28-2012

Chess is a horrible example. Chess is equal. Both opponents can see the same amount of the board.

The game IS NOT EQUAL.

BenevolenTT

12-29-2012

Quote:
Chess is a horrible example. Chess is equal. Both opponents can see the same amount of the board.

The game IS NOT EQUAL.
Both teams, Regardless of whether or not you start on Blue or Purple, have access to the same map in all its entirety. The angle of the map or the zoom level is nitpicking at rules that have been set in place for a reason. If you use all your resources including the minimap, you're playing the game against it's limitations. And that's all a game is really, It's an objective with limitations.

My point being, if the creators said it's there to limit, that should be a solid enough answer.

Silkdawn

12-29-2012

I agree with OP, but not only for the reason of blue vs purple team. Some champs are so "jumpy" and dependant on quickly move the "camera" around its simply sometimes not possible... think LeBlanc for instance. You often cant both move the camera and aim correctly at the same time. Horrible. I understand the view is "locked" for a reason, but it punishes already hard to play champions a little to much sometimes.

ElDynamite

01-01-2013

Yes, please. It wouldn't hurt anyone.

A lot of people are complaining that zooming out further would give a tactical advantage. How so? You can't see any enemies in the fog of war, so the only thing zooming out would let you do is see enemies that are in one of your team members' sight range. It would let you see enemies on your screen that are also visible on the minimap, but considering that you could see them by unlocking the cam, I don't see how that is an advantage (also keep in mind they can do it too).

Remikai

01-05-2013

Why not just flip the map slightly so it looks like <>

Just like TT.

It's unfair for purple. That's the bottom line. I chose champs based on what side im on, that's pathetic. Nid on purple side? no thanks, hate futzing with the camera all the time.

Guess i have to change the .ini to a stupid resolution just to see the playing field.

boourns

UI Designer

01-07-2013
4 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:

The game IS NOT EQUAL.
Counter-point: One player moves first and has an advantage/disadvantage because of that. I would not say chess is "equal" in the sense you mean.

Archiplex

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Counter-point: One player moves first and has an advantage/disadvantage because of that. I would not say chess is "equal" in the sense you mean.
Unrelated counter-point: Buying a bigger monitor gives you a bigger field of fiew.

Cha0sniper

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remikai View Post
Why not just flip the map slightly so it looks like <>

Just like TT.

It's unfair for purple. That's the bottom line. I chose champs based on what side im on, that's pathetic. Nid on purple side? no thanks, hate futzing with the camera all the time.

Guess i have to change the .ini to a stupid resolution just to see the playing field.
Good luck with that, changing the resolution doesn't actually increase the amount of the game you see. All it does is warp the viewport around.

Roku66

01-07-2013

People still play with locked in camera lol. Can riot just remove this feature or make it go through the options menu to manually lock it so it deters people from starting off the game getting used to locked in camera.