So I can't bot-Jax...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

01-07-2013

Tonight I have been dominated bottom lane (playing as Jax) by:
- Singed
- Teemo
- Vayne

(I'd link to my lolmatches but apparently it's not running at startup despite settings to the contrary. Neat!)

I did win about half of my games but that was playing against a heimer that mysteriously went aspd/on-hit build and a team with an afker - those that put up about as much fight as a wet piece of tissue paper. Sooooo... I feel like I'm not really getting how to do it.

I tried to build somewhat defensively and force a duel as everyone I was up against could outrange/outpush me. (And I learned the value of rushing a phage against anyone who tries to kite you )

So... what's the trick to bottom lane Jax? Ok, go!

Volandum

01-07-2013

Farm, your scaling is very good. Unfortunately this is hard and Vayne and Teemo also have very good scaling. Singed you can beat eventually with enough sustain, though surviving vs randuins + bft is very hard. Note that he can't get insane hp5 any more though.

Phourc

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
Farm, your scaling is very good. Unfortunately this is hard and Vayne and Teemo also have very good scaling. Singed you can beat eventually with enough sustain, though surviving vs randuins + bft is very hard. Note that he can't get insane hp5 any more though.
Yeah, that was kind of my strategy I tried - I bought an early vamp scepter and tried to keep myself alive by punching minions. He just laughed and stole all the health relics, haha.

Actually, my main problem with the game versus singed was being unable to keep up with him to hit him, had I built my phage earlier I think it may have gone a bit better.

Genericke

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Tonight I have been dominated bottom lane (playing as Jax) by:
- Singed
- Teemo
- Vayne

(I'd link to my lolmatches but apparently it's not running at startup despite settings to the contrary. Neat!)

I did win about half of my games but that was playing against a heimer that mysteriously went aspd/on-hit build and a team with an afker - those that put up about as much fight as a wet piece of tissue paper. Sooooo... I feel like I'm not really getting how to do it.

I tried to build somewhat defensively and force a duel as everyone I was up against could outrange/outpush me. (And I learned the value of rushing a phage against anyone who tries to kite you )

So... what's the trick to bottom lane Jax? Ok, go!
Singed is nasty bot lane early game when you're Jax. Hope your team is comfortable helping you out at that point, or send someone else bot that can deal with him during that point of the game. Singed is just too tanky, and his base numbers are really high at that point in the game.

Teemo and Vayne are naturally going to counter Jax. Both scale pretty hard. Vayne is the queen of late game. Teemo's speed boost + blind + poisons make trading with him really difficult. It only gets worse when he has shrooms. Vayne's tumble + condemn also help her maintain a gap.

You've been unlucky in terms of match ups. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

MyDeadGrandma

01-07-2013

Despite the stigma about jax and dominion, the fact is that there is a reasonable list of heroes that can take him to town early bot lane (riven and darius are my personal favorites).

Part of the reason he's universally loathed is because despite thoroughly spanking him bot, he still typically manages to go top and faceroll your team once he's hit level 18 and has a triforce.

So against bad matchups, get someone to swap out or hold your hand bot lane for the first 10-15 minutes.

Das Strychnine

01-07-2013

Any decent Vayne will beat Jax since she can kite you all day, specially if she's smart enough to tumble out of your E when you do it and if you get stunned it's gg. Singed is suppose to be a counter to Jax somewhat and he can just outpush you early game any way, possibly denying you farm and just kite whenever you try to hit him. Teemo shouldn't be a problem thou assuming you QSS his blind and don't jump into mushrooms.

Edit: As person said above, be glad you didn't fight a good Riven, she would spank you all day

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Lol, coming from the guy who says 2 shrooms + BFT/Sorcerer's Shoes can 100% someone.

Vayne and Teemo are both very squishy, just jump on them and splatter them like bugs. Teemo can dish out some nasty damage, but your E mitigates that, same goes for Vayne.

Singed is tricky, a good one won't die. He has poor wave clearing early on, so try to push the lane extra hard.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

With Singed, provided you have enough damage to clear the continuing minion waves, you can always opt to fight under your tower. He has no ranged attack, and even if he flips you the tower should continue firing. Sometimes, you just have to concede that you won't be pushing or "winning" bot lane. Holding your tower without help is enough provided your top team can win and/or gank.

Das Strychnine

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty View Post
Lol, coming from the guy who says 2 shrooms + BFT/Sorcerer's Shoes can 100% someone.

Vayne and Teemo are both very squishy, just jump on them and splatter them like bugs. Teemo can dish out some nasty damage, but your E mitigates that, same goes for Vayne.

Singed is tricky, a good one won't die. He has poor wave clearing early on, so try to push the lane extra hard.

Not defending the OP but 2 shrooms can kill someone, have you ever played AD Carries with no MR ? xD

Damieh

01-07-2013

As lots of people said, you just had bad luck in matchups. It's like saying that you can't use ad malz when you only faced talons bot =).

There are some champs you cannot beat, and you can't even stalemate against.