Revert athene's unholy grail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tunoko

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
AP has been nerfed so hard that tanks don't even need to build MR, they're too busy overpaying for armor that they can just get away with buying HP and surviving it anyways. With AD being so crazy strong AP has no chance to even try to compete. it has nothing to do with hard to itemize, it's all about they really don't need it! What about the bulwark? that's 60 resist to one character and an aura of 30 resist to everyone! What about the new and improved spirit visage? what about abyssal scepter? all these items are still around and very stats strong, they're just not being used because there is no need for magic resist when there's cleavers being chucked at your face left and right!
i dont consider bulwark a good enough replacement for FoN/overall less mr on every other single item minus mercs.

It's not about AD casters vs AP casters. this argument is done to death and is flawed.

AP casters bring more utility.
AP casters bring a bigger -VARIETY- of damage. you can say "lololol black cleaver op" all you want the fact remains a team with no AP is doomed if counterpicked and counterbuilt correctly. AD casters are more shut down by CC/Exhaust than AP are
AP casters have more consistent damage, whereas ad casters do their thing and then....nothing

In fact, I like AP more in s3 now. in S2 people could just get insane amounts of MR [curse you FoN] and i wouldnt even sting them. Now I can cut through that 3k hp much easier since its not backed up by excessive amounts of welfare MR.

it might just be me, but i dont have issues killing people with a lot of health on my AP's, because i don't target them in the first place if i'm a burst caster. and if im a more sustainy damage caster like Swain, they melt faster this season.

i think its a l2p issue on the side of ap's this season. just adapt. i dont lose to talon mid as AP, why is anyone else if they dont have to?

The exception is the Black cleaver apocalypse phase we had, but since that got fixed and bc got nerfed.. meh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-05-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riftic

Senior Member

01-06-2013

I think reverting the nerfs to Athene's Unholy Grail and Rabadon's Deathcap would go a long way towards getting AP mages back up onto their feet.

If not the Deathcap, then its AP needs to be moved onto other items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

Senior Member

01-06-2013

tbh, i wish they would make morellos a really good pure-offensive ap item
maybe that is what they need, something with good AP, good CDR, and a go to item if you just want pure damage (other than deathcap)
because APs have a lot of utility items, but only a few pure damage items, and now, damage is the game, so its hurting them


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cottonycloud

Senior Member

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxYOLOxSWAGxX420 View Post
i dont consider bulwark a good enough replacement for FoN/overall less mr on every other single item minus mercs.

It's not about AD casters vs AP casters. this argument is done to death and is flawed.

AP casters bring more utility.
AP casters bring a bigger -VARIETY- of damage. you can say "lololol black cleaver op" all you want the fact remains a team with no AP is doomed if counterpicked and counterbuilt correctly. AD casters are more shut down by CC/Exhaust than AP are
AP casters have more consistent damage, whereas ad casters do their thing and then....nothing

In fact, I like AP more in s3 now. in S2 people could just get insane amounts of MR [curse you FoN] and i wouldnt even sting them. Now I can cut through that 3k hp much easier since its not backed up by excessive amounts of welfare MR.

it might just be me, but i dont have issues killing people with a lot of health on my AP's, because i don't target them in the first place if i'm a burst caster. and if im a more sustainy damage caster like Swain, they melt faster this season.

i think its a l2p issue on the side of ap's this season. just adapt. i dont lose to talon mid as AP, why is anyone else if they dont have to?

The exception is the Black cleaver apocalypse phase we had, but since that got fixed and bc got nerfed.. meh.
AD can use QSS, usually have more sustain due to BT, armor got nerfed, AD got buffed, have autos. Bulwark makes squishy targets tankier, Nashor's nerfed for certain champs, Abyssal nerfed, Chalice nerfed.

You know, you can just run a magic-damage tank jungler, and lots of champs have mixed damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonycloud View Post
AD can use QSS, usually have more sustain due to BT, armor got nerfed, AD got buffed, have autos. Bulwark makes squishy targets tankier, Nashor's nerfed for certain champs, Abyssal nerfed, Chalice nerfed.

You know, you can just run a magic-damage tank jungler, and lots of champs have mixed damage.
My point exactly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-07-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acèdîa

Senior Member

01-07-2013

AP is dying. Full AD teams are too common now, I mean, wtf? I wanna play Ahri damn you but I can't win my lane vs a Pantheon/Talon/etc. Then, even if I do well, AD casters scale so much better than AP does, all they need to do is get to late game and wreck face even after I did everything i could to shut them down. In S2, as a fed Ahri, I could 100-0 almost anyone. Now if I want to play Ahri, I am against 5 counter picks who can one combo me. My damage is nonexistent (esp after DCap/ Athenes nerf)

I dont care how the pen changes work. When I see an AD caster that shreds any attempt to counterbuild with armor, and all they have to do to make me useless is get a Maw, I know there is something wrong there. Where I used to have 700 Ap, I have 600 and no counterplay options. My damage is lacking and my defense is worthless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acda View Post
AP is dying. Full AD teams are too common now, I mean, wtf? I wanna play Ahri damn you but I can't win my lane vs a Pantheon/Talon/etc. Then, even if I do well, AD casters scale so much better than AP does, all they need to do is get to late game and wreck face even after I did everything i could to shut them down. In S2, as a fed Ahri, I could 100-0 almost anyone. Now if I want to play Ahri, I am against 5 counter picks who can one combo me. My damage is nonexistent (esp after DCap/ Athenes nerf)

I dont care how the pen changes work. When I see an AD caster that shreds any attempt to counterbuild with armor, and all they have to do to make me useless is get a Maw, I know there is something wrong there. Where I used to have 700 Ap, I have 600 and no counterplay options. My damage is lacking and my defense is worthless.
Couldn't agree with you more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-07-2013

bump