So Apparently I'm Doing Things Wrong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NannerNe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Not saying this to be mean, but it sounds more like you got super carried by your Voli force feeding you.

The next game, that happens to everyone. Were you first or second pick? Did you pick Cass after the enemy had picked Fizz or Lee Sin? You basically got countered super hard. If you picked Cass after they picked Fizz, you should study up on what'll wreck your day! As far as Lee Sin goes, I always assume the worse and expect a level 2 gank. Cass is a really prime target for pre-6 ganks because of her lack of escape and hard CC, so maybe you need to look for a safer mid to play.

Don't worry about it too much. You were trying your best and had a rough game; one game of reports won't get you anywhere near Tribunal. Let it slide off your shoulders and focus on what you need to brush up on.

Rondait

01-06-2013

Just to clarify, my teammates rage wasn't the annoying thing or what I'm preventing. It was quite understandable (the calls to report were not however). Anyways, thanks for the help so far.

Also while I admit I need to begin to learn to jungle (and work on map awarenes), I only picked mid because that was easiest, jungle is the only role I can't do well at all. Everything else usually works for me.

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

I feel Cass vs Fizz is a hard lane. Cass also has a hard time vs frequent, potent gankers with gap closers - Lee Sin being one of the top tier there. Basically, you were pretty screwed. Going 0/9/0 is rough, but not totally out of line, given the circumstances. It's especially hard since Cassi really needs her AP to be able to do anything in a fight, but both Lee & Fizz demand you build some resistances.

Did you not get any help from the jungler, and did he not help the other two lanes get ahead? Were your other lanes punishing Lee for not establishing any presence?

In short, that just sucked. Forget about it, stuff happens. Think about what you can take out of this:

- Don't pick Cassi against Fizz, if you can help it.
-- Pick Fizz against Cassi, if you're competent

- Playing Cassi against a frequent-gank jungler: ward early, ward often.
-- If Jungling against Cassi, be aware: She wants blue badly, & she's typically vulnerable to ganks.

Lastly, re: taking mid after calls. A bit of a dick move, but Pick Order > Call order - if that's what you want to do, apologize to whoever's role you're commandeering and take it. Just keep this in mind if someone does the same to you.

NannerNe

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondait View Post
Just to clarify, my teammates rage wasn't the annoying thing or what I'm preventing. It was quite understandable (the calls to report were not however). Anyways, thanks for the help so far.

Also while I admit I need to begin to learn to jungle (and work on map awarenes), I only picked mid because that was easiest, jungle is the only role I can't do well at all. Everything else usually works for me.
It's alright. I can manage any lane position, but I can't jungle to save my life.

What mids do you play?

Rondait

01-06-2013

Yeah, I apologized. I felt terrible for doing it, but I didn't want to lose a ranked game because I'm terrible at jungle. It's kind of ironic I fed as the mid that I commandeered. And no, no jungle help. Not that I can blame them as far behind as I was, and they were the mid that I stole from.

I play;
Kat
Cass
Le Blanc (not in ranked due to team fight)
Annie

I picked after lee sin and fizz because I'm too much of a derp to realize how stupid that was. And I was third pick.

NannerNe

01-06-2013

Kat isn't a bad choice, as teams are less likely to be coordinated.

Cass is a bit of a poor choice. As I mentioned, no escapes in laning phase, and your team probably isn't going to peel for you very well (see point for Kat).

If it's an enemy mid you absolutely know you can stomp with Le Blanc, do it. Wreck the enemy mid's day and roam. Mind games can play just as much as part as skill. If you can demoralize the enemy team by 20 minutes, they may just give up.

Annie is a decent choice against some mids, especially if you can manage her stun.

Some mids I would suggest getting a feel for: Ryze, Morgana, Zyra, Gragas. They're very safe picks that offer a lot of tankiness, utility, and/or mobility.

However, if you feel confident in your four picks, study up on what exactly counters those champions. Not just which champions counter them; WHY do those champions counter? What do you need to do to make it through laning phase?

Also (and this comes with map awareness, which you've admitted is a little shaky), roaming! If you're winning your lane, push those creeps and roam roam roam. Even if you can't get a kill, maybe you've burnt an enemy flash, or got them low enough to force them back and give your team mates a chance to free farm and buy. The little things add up.

Rondait

01-06-2013

Thanks nanner. I do appreciate the positive and constructive feed back. I'll try out le blanc and give her more of a chance if I see the opportunity.

Vsin

01-06-2013

As a whole, Cass isn't that good of a "blind" pick. She works against some lanes, but gets mauled badly against others. Also, if you picked her against Fizz (not fully explained in OP) then yeah that's basically suicidal. Apart from Nanner's suggestions, you can also try Galio, Ahri or Orianna and see what you like.

Otherwise, s*** happens. Everybody has one of those games every now and again, and it always feels bad. Just tank the s*** people throw at you and queue up again. Or don't if you feel too stressed out from the previous game.

Mr Knubbers

01-06-2013

i feel bad for you, everyone has a bad game, and i really hope if u did get reported, that this guy http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...light=tribunal
doesnt get your case. everybody may be praising him, but he reports people for stupid **** and im not a fan.
gl dude

Malloreon

01-06-2013

Edit: Had it backwards
And then OUT OF NOWHERE, ****ing Lee Sin!

Sorry, I couldn't help but think that when reading this.