Does playing Co-Op make you better at PvP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-06-2013

it doesn't make you better at pvp from a strategy and positioning stand point. and alot of other stand points.

but playing against bots could easily help you identify patterns in enemy champions, like are so many bot games. morgana and lux's snares become the most predictable and easiest thing to dodge in the world whilst new against them in bots you probably would get hit with every snare.

so when it comes to helping you dodge enemy skill shots it can help from that aspect.

but best way to get better at pvp, is to play the pvp itself. bots dont counter play, so in pvp you'll learn tactics to deal with the enemies counter playing you, and much more.

espinozaalex

01-06-2013

Do not play bot matches they make you worse and they don't help (in the long run). Because they don't teach you as much as would learn if you were to play against other players and the worst part is they level your summoner profile up so when you want to play against people you get stuck with people better than you because it matches people up by their summoner level's. ex) if you have a lvl 15 summoner account but have been playing easy or intermediate bot matches, and finally transition over to PvP matches you will get killed because these people have been practicing with real people while you have practicing with easy bots.

RealMouse

01-06-2013

wish i had known this earlier...now im a lvl 30 noob and suffering greatly for it.

Ruthiebee

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
Summoner level plays a strong factor, but it's mostly based around a hidden 'Elo' rating that tries to measure your strength as a player. There's a lot else that goes into it though, mostly based around peolpe queuing together, trying to match premades against one another, etc. The matchmaker does its best, but the inconsistency of players themselves can throw things off a lot.
Do I have this hidden 'Elo' rating even though I've only really been playing bots? Or do you only get rated if you play pvp?

Skunksmen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Best way to get better at pvp, is to play pvp. Coop can help you with game mechanics, but its not ideal for improving in pvp.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiebee View Post
Do I have this hidden 'Elo' rating even though I've only really been playing bots? Or do you only get rated if you play pvp?
Your hidden Normal Elo is influenced by unranked PvP matches but not Co-op or custom games.

Raurik

01-10-2013

Yes I made this horrible, terrible mistake as well. I figured level up against bots, make ip, get champs,.etc. now I'm 30 with 9 wins in pvp against people with 300+ go pvp as soon as u can. Trust me. I'm thinking of making a new account just so I can learn with lower lvl people. I haven't lost many matches but I know I'm dragging my team down.

The skillsets are just so different. Play bots to get first win bonus then go pvp. Otherwise you're just training yourself to beat bots. And that's a deadend.

SC2Dream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

There are a couple ways to "find" your hidden ELO but I don't know if they're legit.

Andarel

01-10-2013

None of the ones at the moment are legit. Originally Riot allowed people to access it, but no longer - the ones that try and find hidden Elo now are vague mathematical programs that try and correlate wins/losses...and generally are pretty off.

Itsmedemo

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiebee View Post
Oh okay thank you!! I guess I'll try pvp more. so maybe co op is just for trying out new champions?
Bot games are usually for :

-first win of the day
-casual game no stress
-checking out new champ's skills