What do you think about this one?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtheistGuy1

01-06-2013

Rather than waste everyone's time with a wall of text, I'll just post my card and let you comment on it. I'm sure there's something I did wrong, but it would be nice to have it pointed out to me (Since there are five games and all).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6111452/#nogo

Marspidey

01-06-2013

Negative attitude

Gimpyloser

01-06-2013

Pardon

Alanja

01-06-2013

Okay lets see

Game 1:

I can see the will to be unique but you are appearing to be arrogant about the fact that the team wanted you to fulfill another role.
This behavior leads to a negative team atmosphere (especially the quarrels with Fiora).

Even though I would not punish here I get wary ...

Game 2:

Nothing here

Game 3:

Here again you seem to be arrogant and not listening to your team. They get pretty mad and it is kind of understandable as to why.

Game 4:

Nothing here.

Game 5:

Annoying in All-Chat.

Borderlinecase for me ... while you are pretty arrogant about the teamplays it is not against the rules to not play the meta game.

I would pardon, but seriously please consider something about the way you talk and act. If you are not playing as expected of you, tell them before so that the team can react accordingly. Otherwise you create unneeded negativity and hostility.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

I'm with Alanja on this case. Mainly you tend to take a position that begs for confrontation, and while you aren't a horrid teammate, you are quite arrogant or at least obstinate with your teammates. I'd probably pardon, but I would ask you to act on your attitude a bit. I understand that people questioning your choices can be frustrating, but you only add fuel to the fire the manner in which you converse.

AtheistGuy1

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanja View Post
Okay lets see

Game 1:

I can see the will to be unique but you are appearing to be arrogant about the fact that the team wanted you to fulfill another role.
This behavior leads to a negative team atmosphere (especially the quarrels with Fiora).

Even though I would not punish here I get wary ...

Game 2:

Nothing here

Game 3:

Here again you seem to be arrogant and not listening to your team. They get pretty mad and it is kind of understandable as to why.

Game 4:

Nothing here.

Game 5:

Annoying in All-Chat.

Borderlinecase for me ... while you are pretty arrogant about the teamplays it is not against the rules to not play the meta game.

I would pardon, but seriously please consider something about the way you talk and act. If you are not playing as expected of you, tell them before so that the team can react accordingly. Otherwise you create unneeded negativity and hostility.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for answering in this manner. It really helps me see what others would think when they see the cases.

Second, the perceived arrogance is a personal quirk that carries over my real life. I can't quite keep a neutral tone and confront others without creating that atmosphere.

Third of all, I have indeed told people about my choices before the games on rare occasions. At first I would do so because, hey, it's common decency. But I noticed that usually at least one person would dodge, begin the flaming before the game even starts, or deliberately troll. As you can imagine, this new habit quickly grew on me.

It's quite rare that everyone actually agrees with my decision because by this point they've grown used to getting the lanes they frequent all to themselves. They call roles and everyone to honor it just because of that.

TL;DR. I seem arrogant because I fail at human interaction (Cept for the RoamJax thing. I was just having fun there) and the conflicts erupt regardless of what I do.

AtheistGuy1

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
I'm with Alanja on this case. Mainly you tend to take a position that begs for confrontation, and while you aren't a horrid teammate, you are quite arrogant or at least obstinate with your teammates. I'd probably pardon, but I would ask you to act on your attitude a bit. I understand that people questioning your choices can be frustrating, but you only add fuel to the fire the manner in which you converse.
I do see what you mean. The main problem is that it's hard to come off as neutral when dealing with a community where the slightest criticism is taken as a declaration of war.

Alanja

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistGuy1 View Post
I do see what you mean. The main problem is that it's hard to come off as neutral when dealing with a community where the slightest criticism is taken as a declaration of war.
Yeah I know ... lately the tendency to cry "report bla bla bla" has gone up from what I have witnessed :-/

It usually though is the job of the tribunal to filter those reports out.

I like to read that you know that can come off arrogant, and believe that you can change it to the better
It is just a time ban after all.

Maybe, the next time you want to give a witty remark to something said by another player, just say nothing.

Also try to tell everybody before the game what you have in mind so that they are able to dodge the game. It may not be to your liking but I feel that it may help your team in the long run. If nothing, at least you have informed them and have a better defending point

Kranberries

01-06-2013

I'd say you're on the right track, just looking at the posts here.

The best idea is to declare it in champ select, and then again in game. If they rage at you then, the tribunal will see it, and it won't be seen as a negative. You should be, more or less, in the right then.

AtheistGuy1

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanja View Post
Yeah I know ... lately the tendency to cry "report bla bla bla" has gone up from what I have witnessed :-/

It usually though is the job of the tribunal to filter those reports out.

I like to read that you know that can come off arrogant, and believe that you can change it to the better
It is just a time ban after all.

Maybe, the next time you want to give a witty remark to something said by another player, just say nothing.

Also try to tell everybody before the game what you have in mind so that they are able to dodge the game. It may not be to your liking but I feel that it may help your team in the long run. If nothing, at least you have informed them and have a better defending point
Actually, these reports are pretty ancient. Silence has become a relatively big weapon in my arsenal, so to speak. I suppose you do have a point with telling them though. I'm just worried I'll spend hours trying to find a single game where the others aren't throwing it because they wanted mid, top, jungle, etc. all to themselves.

You know how it is; this is the guy that spends the entire game begging the other team to report X for not playing his way and is the first to put up the surrender vote.