Riot, if you're not going to fix the lag spikes/disconnecting, at least tell us why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdkando

01-06-2013

They have responded to this, outside of the quoted RIOT post. It is not their problem it is some ISP problem, or so they say. Had this issue for close to a month now. Speedtest.net shows 18ms.

Still cannot touch this game.

neto969

01-06-2013

So... there is no solution :/

Razkae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkando View Post
They have responded to this, outside of the quoted RIOT post. It is not their problem it is some ISP problem, or so they say. Had this issue for close to a month now. Speedtest.net shows 18ms.

First off it is NOT ISP. They're lying about that **** because one of my computers doesn't have the spikes but the other does. Also, they released that quote TWO WEEKS ago. Ridiculous. This is why I don't buy **** from riot

MMEGATRON

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard098 View Post
Hi, this is from a Rioter:

Also please run this to make sure it's not just your internet: http://speedtest.net
Click share results, copy and paste the URL here.

How much ping do you get on average?
I get an average of 14 ping

MMEGATRON

01-06-2013

bump

Covyn

01-06-2013

bump

sdkando

01-07-2013

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkando

First off it is NOT ISP. They're lying about that **** because one of my computers doesn't have the spikes but the other does. Also, they released that quote TWO WEEKS ago. Ridiculous. This is why I don't buy **** from riot
That's why i said "so they say" . Bump.

Firezappy

01-07-2013

As a paying customer, I believe me, as well as anyone else who plays this game at LEAST deserves some form of explanation. This silent treatment is unacceptable. Clearly, it messes with thousands of people. Your forums are filled with almost identical post, and yet, no support. Anyone who has played the game for any length of time knows this started more recently, why would every ones isp and computers suddenly stop working correctly with lol on the same time period? The answer is simple, its not are computers or internet, its most likely riots servers. Now, admitting that something is wrong on your end may at least help vent all the people complaining about Riot being quite about the matter. And just knowing that it is noticed, and currently being worked on would calm a lot of peoples nerves. Please do the right thing, and give use some form of explanation, thank you very much. In-till then, fellow players continue to bump and post about this Do not stay silent.

Bump

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-07-2013

Hey guys,

As with any internet-based game, one of the primary concerns both for the company and the players is the quality of the internet and network service. Because pretty much everything you do in the game relies on the internet there are unfortunately thousands of potential different issues from different causes that all have the same effect.

About 2 weeks ago, there were intermittent network issues that affected a number of players worldwide. This was the issue that Danamouth was speaking to in the quoted post linked on page 1. NOC investigated this issue and it was found to be a major ISP trunk line problem that was affecting network paths for many people across the country.

This was not a Riot controlled issue and not related to server performance. While it was widespread in terms of area, it was both intermittent and did not affect a relatively high number of players. As far as I know, this trunk line issue has been mostly resolved. If you continue to have issues, please make sure you've investigated all parts of your connection and if you're still having issues, please feel free to post a netalyzr results link and request more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn pwnage View Post
First off it is NOT ISP. They're lying about that **** because one of my computers doesn't have the spikes but the other does.
As mentioned, because everything is done through the internet, there are many, many potential causes that all will have the same basic effect. If you look at this logically - one of your computers is connecting just fine - you can see how that's really not a server-side based issue.

sdkando

01-07-2013

Hi Aregionius,

I am unsure whether or not i want to post my netalyzer results because they contain IP information. However, the only part that is not colored green contains this info:

Quote:
Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 700 ms, Downlink 690 ms –
We estimate your uplink as having 700 msec of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.

We estimate your downlink as having 690 msec of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large downloads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large downloads at the same time.
I live in an extremely rural area where my options are dial-up, satellite, or unwired internet(unwiredbb.com). The last one is the only one that supports high-speed gaming and actually works to have a low latency, something satellite salesmen seem to know nothing about on the phone. It was always my understanding that "buffer" only applied when dealing with downloading or other high bandwidth applications while playing(multi-tasking) which is something i avoid 90% of the time because i know my internet cannot handle it and it will be nothing but frustration.

What i'm trying to say is i don't play LoL when others are using the internet which means i play really early or rather late. I have disabled my router and plugged directly into the modem to ensure i am the only one on my network. The problem persists while no other programs are running and no other traffic is on my network. During champion loading screens my ping spikes from 35-60 to 999, i am quite certain it would go higher if the loading screen supported 4 digit numbers, then drops back down to 35-60 quite fast.

This game worked fine until about 4 weeks ago, other high speed games still work fine including first person shooters which generally require less latency than a game like this to compete.

Re-installs and repair do not fix the problem. While i can vaguely understand the complex nature of gaming on the internet, what do you recommend i do?