League of Legends Bandwidth consumption

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdronZhero

01-05-2013

Is it normal for a LoL game to really eat up available bandwidth?

Me and a few friends have noticed the immense strain a game can place on an internet connection and then even more so when just two or three of us are playing together on the same home internet connection.

The only reason I wonder about this is because we have been to gaming lounges and there have been anywhere from 5 to 20 people playing League at the same time while a large number of other people then go off and play other games on both PC and consoles and be completely lag free.

Is this an issue with our home internet connections, a configuration setting within the router maybe something port related or is the game just plainly that demanding?

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-05-2013

Well, any gaming lounge should have more than enough bandwidth to handle games being played on all of their computers.

Going by the size of a LOLReplay file, you only get sent 4 MB for a 30 minute game (and almost twice as much in spectator mode). That's not very much; three players would average less than 7 kB/second.

Frankie Reynolds

01-05-2013

Stop torrenting at the same time. Don't say no one is because it's a lie.

Chaser90

01-06-2013

Uninstall Pando Media Booster from your PC. It's a horrible little thing Riot slips in with your game installation/updates that basically uses your bandwidith to help others patch their game for them.

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser90 View Post
Uninstall Pando Media Booster from your PC. It's a horrible little thing Riot slips in with your game installation/updates that basically uses your bandwidith to help others patch their game for them.
Wow I never noticed that. Thank you.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-06-2013

Or you could just go to options from the launcher and uncheck peer to peer...