Heimerdinger Guide - By Dan Dinh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C00LST0RYBR0

08-15-2010

Thanx Dan, finally someone to teach the nimrods in this forum who keep saying teleport/clarity heimer is viable.

Corpsestomp

08-17-2010

I've got a few questions...

Do you go back around 800 to specifically pick up the second Doran's Ring and boots? I can usually sit in my lane long enough to get NLR, so I generally skip over the 2nd Doran's, since I figure the hp/mana regen/AP aren't really worth it at that point, which ties into my second question...

If you have a jungler/people who insist on taking golem, how do you keep your mana up? I run out constantly if they can take out my turrets reasonably quickly. Especially vs other Heimers with Clarity, or who go straight turrets/rushing AAS.

Also, I follow the 'pro' build, but do you really get rockets first? And wait for your ult until 7, then 13? It seems like it'd be much better to get a point in turrets, then follow R>W>Q>E.

Lastly, in terms of Summoner spells, I suck with Cleanse, so I usually run Flash/Ghost. If I really wanted to get Clarity instead, which one would you suggest dropping? Flash seems to be more helpful early game, but later on, if they get close you're probably dead anyway. Ghost/Clarity or Flash/Clarity, which would get your vote?

Thanks for the guide, I cannot believe how badly I built Heimer until I read your guide. It all made sense after that.

EvilVegan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

The guide is now outdated and in my opinion was very slightly off when it was first made. I could help you do that better.

Grenade should be the second or third skill, even if you don't put any more ranks in it. Stun/blind can save you in so many ways that 50 extra damage on rockets doesn't really compare (nor 150 if you consider it spread to 3 targets). Plus if you're good at skill shots it can be amazing even at rank 1.

He still recommends maxing out turrets when facing hard counter's to turrets. If you're laning against a Karthus (or equally long distance ranged champ) then level grenades/rockets for extra harrass/last hitting instead of turrets. I sometimes leave turrets at level 1 (until about level 7, sometimes even higher) just to give myself the option of denying their last hit on my turret (by placing another one in a safer location just as they go to last hit). I use turrets as bait to waste their mana/time and as long as they use more mana attempting to kill my turret (and failing) than I do placing another one (while farming/last hitting) then I feel it's a net win. Also they can't last hit creeps if they're focusing your turret, denying them gold. After the laning phase ends you can finish levelling turrets. Of course if you're 1v2 or not facing a long-range champ Turrets are Great. R>Q>W>E or W>E>R>Q (but still get Q & E at least once by level 3). His suggestion to use turrets as observer wards is very good, so 2 levels in Turrets if you're mid so you can put them in the bushes wouldn't be a bad idea, but don't try to use them for farming/pushing if they're getting countered. That's just free gold and XP for the enemy and a waste of mana...

His runes are fine, though I've been testing CDR instead of AP@18 recently and it seems to work well (9% from masteries, 6% from runes, 20% from ult, capped with brilliance potions).

I personally don't like the idea of cleanse/flash on him, since you shouldn't be in position to get CC'd. Of course I run clairvoyance/teleport which I'm sure isn't considered optimal, but I think having board control/awareness is better than CC avoidance and escape mechanisms. I've used clairvoyance numerous times to get kills on fleeing champs with rockets and even more times to completely avoid ganks. Even so his use of Zhonya's followed by flash is a good idea if you're really aggressive.

I don't like the look of his item build, but I'm going to try it out anyway. His end results are the same, I just don't like getting Zhonya's before RoA/Archangel/Rylai's. As with Flash, the invulnerability from Zhonya's is only useful if you're in a place you shouldn't be, and while the AP is obviously useful, the build-up items require time to get fully "charged" and rylai's slow has more utility due to the extreme range of your rockets (also makes it easier to hit with grenade if they're slowed by rocket fire).

I start with Mana Crystal 1healpot 1manapot, to Catalyst & boots then Tear of Goddess, then depending on enemy team makeup I go RoA or skip it for rylai's and make the catalyst into a banshee's veil later on.

My item build is usually:
1. Mana Crystal > Catalyst > RoA / Banshee's Veil
2. Boots > Sorc Shoes
3. Mana Crystal > Tear of Goddess (before Rylai's / Banshee's) > Archangel's Staff (after Rylai's)
4. Giant's Belt > Blasting Wand > Rylai's
5. Big stick > Blasting Wand > Zhonya's Ring
6. Varies: Void staff (vs MR stackers) / Abyssal Scepter (Heavy AP team or you need more MR) / Another Archangel's staff (800+ AP?)
7. Extra cash should go to brilliance/fortitude potions and sight wards.

Oh and by the way, with Teleport you have the added option of being able to attack their tower within the first 30 seconds of the game. Buy initial items, teleport mid, drop turret in tower range, and auto attack it. It's completely ineffective, but for some reason I find it amusing.

Eppa

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVegan View Post
The guide is now outdated and in my opinion was very slightly off when it was first made. I could help you do that better.

Grenade should be the second or third skill, even if you don't put any more ranks in it. Stun/blind can save you in so many ways that 50 extra damage on rockets doesn't really compare (nor 150 if you consider it spread to 3 targets). Plus if you're good at skill shots it can be amazing even at rank 1.

He still recommends maxing out turrets when facing hard counter's to turrets. If you're laning against a Karthus (or equally long distance ranged champ) then level grenades/rockets for extra harrass/last hitting instead of turrets. I sometimes leave turrets at level 1 (until about level 7, sometimes even higher) just to give myself the option of denying their last hit on my turret (by placing another one in a safer location just as they go to last hit). I use turrets as bait to waste their mana/time and as long as they use more mana attempting to kill my turret (and failing) than I do placing another one (while farming/last hitting) then I feel it's a net win. Also they can't last hit creeps if they're focusing your turret, denying them gold. After the laning phase ends you can finish levelling turrets. Of course if you're 1v2 or not facing a long-range champ Turrets are Great. R>Q>W>E or W>E>R>Q (but still get Q & E at least once by level 3). His suggestion to use turrets as observer wards is very good, so 2 levels in Turrets if you're mid so you can put them in the bushes wouldn't be a bad idea, but don't try to use them for farming/pushing if they're getting countered. That's just free gold and XP for the enemy and a waste of mana...

His runes are fine, though I've been testing CDR instead of AP@18 recently and it seems to work well (9% from masteries, 6% from runes, 20% from ult, capped with brilliance potions).

I personally don't like the idea of cleanse/flash on him, since you shouldn't be in position to get CC'd. Of course I run clairvoyance/teleport which I'm sure isn't considered optimal, but I think having board control/awareness is better than CC avoidance and escape mechanisms. I've used clairvoyance numerous times to get kills on fleeing champs with rockets and even more times to completely avoid ganks. Even so his use of Zhonya's followed by flash is a good idea if you're really aggressive.

I don't like the look of his item build, but I'm going to try it out anyway. His end results are the same, I just don't like getting Zhonya's before RoA/Archangel/Rylai's. As with Flash, the invulnerability from Zhonya's is only useful if you're in a place you shouldn't be, and while the AP is obviously useful, the build-up items require time to get fully "charged" and rylai's slow has more utility due to the extreme range of your rockets (also makes it easier to hit with grenade if they're slowed by rocket fire).

I start with Mana Crystal 1healpot 1manapot, to Catalyst & boots then Tear of Goddess, then depending on enemy team makeup I go RoA or skip it for rylai's and make the catalyst into a banshee's veil later on.

My item build is usually:
1. Mana Crystal > Catalyst > RoA / Banshee's Veil
2. Boots > Sorc Shoes
3. Mana Crystal > Tear of Goddess (before Rylai's / Banshee's) > Archangel's Staff (after Rylai's)
4. Giant's Belt > Blasting Wand > Rylai's
5. Big stick > Blasting Wand > Zhonya's Ring
6. Varies: Void staff (vs MR stackers) / Abyssal Scepter (Heavy AP team or you need more MR) / Another Archangel's staff (800+ AP?)
7. Extra cash should go to brilliance/fortitude potions and sight wards.

Oh and by the way, with Teleport you have the added option of being able to attack their tower within the first 30 seconds of the game. Buy initial items, teleport mid, drop turret in tower range, and auto attack it. It's completely ineffective, but for some reason I find it amusing.
The guide is still relevant, Maxing turrets is still good for map control and except for defence vs ganks turrets are better in a team fight., the item build is still the best build. Rushing Zonyas is still win.

You should be getting blue so cdr runes are wasted.

Kaylel

10-07-2010

I'm confused.

You are a council member but you are attempting to create another gaming community, which is stupid, and also advertising it here to get people to go there instead of here.

This thread should be closed, you should be removed from council. At the very least.

Radamanthys3

10-07-2010

I doubt Riot is so nazi as to shun every other fansites and force everyone to post here

Recknar

10-07-2010

So everyone that posts up their link to a build on leaguecraft should be severely punished, yes?
Guys just sticking builds up on his own site, I mean why shouldn't he?

Eppa

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylel View Post
I'm confused.

You are a council member but you are attempting to create another gaming community, which is stupid, and also advertising it here to get people to go there instead of here.

This thread should be closed, you should be removed from council. At the very least.
The Council is mostly for balance anyway.

macsauce

10-08-2010

this guide sucks, what kind of scrub heim doesn't level at least 1 rank of stun?

TasLoL

10-08-2010

this guide is nuts.I stopped reading when he mentioned 3 turrets!