Vi TT build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanderey

01-05-2013

Since Vi is a bruiser I thought she was an obvious TT choice, especially since she will often be paired with other bruisers that also benefit from denting blows.

I've mostly tried her with a typical SR build (BC, Frozen Mallet, etc) and she seems decent, but not great. Then I decided to be crazy and rush a Ravenous Hydra, and she seemed much more powerful. I wouldn't build one on SR, but on TT there are so many early team fights that my damage output went through the roof, and jungle groups dropped like flies.

I'm not convinced that rushing Ravenous Hydra is the best choice for her, but it did make me realize that she has even more build option on TT than she does on SR (and she already has plenty there).

I've only played her for a handful of games so far, and I was wondering what builds people have been trying and having success with?

Lachrimae

01-05-2013

I saw some near perfect vi played with a build as such:
Brutalizer -> lantern
I forget how she did it, but she got black cleaver and a hydra.

If you're doing really well, you want the brutalizer and hydra. Against tanky people, a bc might be really good. Building lantern is good because you're always vs AD, and lets you jungle.

AndersMMO

01-05-2013

Boots Cloth 5 potions > Lantern > Brutalizer > Black Cleaver > Phage > Frozen Mallet > Maw/Randuin's > Hydra

FiddleCliff

01-05-2013

What skill is better on Vi to lvl up after e? q or w

AndersMMO

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddleCliff View Post
What skill is better on Vi to lvl up after e? q or w
Level Q > E > W,

Her Q is easily her strongest skill and it has obscenely long early cooldowns, the rushed level up on it is basically a necessity, Level E afterwards for AoE clear, and lastly get W to maximize damage as people get more armouring curving into their mid-late game builds.

Fanderey

01-05-2013

I personally prefer to max E before Q, but I always do W last. Q can be dodged, and E is great for jungling as well as poking champs behind mobs (it hits quite a long ways behind your primary target). E also has a static mana cost, so when I level it first I literally never think about mana and have never run out. To each their own though

AndersMMO

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanderey View Post
I personally prefer to max E before Q, but I always do W last. Q can be dodged, and E is great for jungling as well as poking champs behind mobs (it hits quite a long ways behind your primary target). E also has a static mana cost, so when I level it first I literally never think about mana and have never run out. To each their own though
I run her as a jungle so the Q's ability to gank is a huge selling point. That's probably the main reason for the difference.

Saedryn

01-30-2013

I run with boots/longsword/pots into a phage/brutalizer, then frozen/bc. From then on I just build to counter the enemy.
Am I snowballing? tri-force.
Do they have too much ad? Iceborn Gauntlet (highly underrated item for her, it's devastating)
Too much magic damage/cc? Mercurial.
Getting nuked by an AP champ? Maw.

I start with Q or E, then the other, then W. Followed by R>E>Q>W

E is obviously the best choice for punch recharge, adds far more sustained damage and more procs of her passive. Q next for the cdr, and finally w. The bonus attack speed boost isn't that noticeable, and the percent health is only 1% per level (scales very well with your ad though), so I max it last.

I have yet to build a single lifesteal item on her... she honestly doesn't need it, as most of her damage comes from her abilities. Her utility is the fact that she can be tanky and deal tons of damage at the same time.

JaggedSyringe

2 Weeks Ago

i level her E then Q then W....

i buy Ravenous first unless they seem tanky.. like im up against a garen .

build tanky early game if you are going against her counters: banshies vail or omen

list of Vi's counters:

Jax
Riven
Darius
Teemo
Leesin
Karma as solo top on tt
Pantheon
Renekton
Garen
irelia
fiora
xin zhao

NOTE: riven is a strong counter to Vi if you have 2 of these champs together.. your only hope is to seriously out level them. and stay far ahead. and dont go out alone. team fight entire game!

i only stack armorpen items if they are building armor.. makes since right...unless im ahead and coul;d use a black cleaver.

frozen mallet after i have established that i have enough ATTACK DAMAGE to rock thier world. then move on to being a bigger and better thing.. a tanky fighter overlords bloodmail is a great pick for her.. many times i found its passive with health replenishment after kills and assisst kept me in thier in team fights!!!