Revert athene's unholy grail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudbuglar View Post
No, don't revert it. Just change it's name.
Nobody gives a **** about athene get over yourself and all of the drama and just play the game for it's gameplay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trudbuglar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
Nobody gives a **** about athene get over yourself and all of the drama and just play the game for it's gameplay.
If nobody gives a **** about Athene, then it should be cool to change the name of the item, right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudbuglar View Post
If nobody gives a **** about Athene, then it should be cool to change the name of the item, right?
No, because its an item in the game, there's no reason to change the name, so why waste Riot's valuable time and money when it could be used to fixing something in the game that actually matters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trudbuglar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
No, because its an item in the game, there's no reason to change the name, so why waste Riot's valuable time and money when it could be used to fixing something in the game that actually matters.
How much time do you think changing a few letters on an item actually takes?

It's a worthwhile change, just take my word for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-05-2013

bump, more maths included.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TauManifesto

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Really? Because I feel like with the Needlessly Large Rod items getting cheaper that would mean more AP bang for your buck. Also Liandry's Torment and Rylais makes anyone do super percent health damage. APs are still strong as ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tunoko

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
AP carries are really hurting now and they could use some help like this.
[citation needed]

1600 elo mid here, ap pretty much all i play/own....

AP champs are doing fine.

I wouldnt mind athenes providing damage again, but you need to learn what "trade-off" means.

its still viable on champs with high base dmgs, like anivia, zyra...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxYOLOxSWAGxX420 View Post
[citation needed]

1600 elo mid here, ap pretty much all i play/own....

AP champs are doing fine.

I wouldnt mind athenes providing damage again, but you need to learn what "trade-off" means.

its still viable on champs with high base dmgs, like anivia, zyra...
Well if you're requiring a citation from me, why don't you include a citation of what they traded off for? because while they lost ALOT this patch, they did not gain a whole lot. and for the record I did include facts to back it up that they did in fact lose a lot while gaining very little. your ELO means nothing to me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tunoko

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
Well if you're requiring a citation from me, why don't you include a citation of what they traded off for? because while they lost ALOT this patch, they did not gain a whole lot.
You're also forgetting to even mention in your math in the first post that MR is incredibly difficult to itemize now, meaning AP's are in a better spot. if we had the same ap/pen we had in s2 with the new MR items, we would be insanely broken

by tradeoff, i mean you trade ~20-40 AP for big CDR, and massive mana regen/sustain. its almost like a portable blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
and for the record I did include facts to back it up that they did in fact lose a lot while gaining very little. your ELO means nothing to me
Still, if we still managed to pull that amount of AP for that amount of gold, we would be broken. even in the current meta the only -real- counter to magic damage is health because of how MR is now. the pen nerfs were more to offset the changes to penetration mechanics than the changes to magic resist itemization.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pianoman7117

Senior Member

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxYOLOxSWAGxX420 View Post
You're also forgetting to even mention in your math in the first post that MR is incredibly difficult to itemize now, meaning AP's are in a better spot. if we had the same ap/pen we had in s2 with the new MR items, we would be insanely broken
AP has been nerfed so hard that tanks don't even need to build MR, they're too busy overpaying for armor that they can just get away with buying HP and surviving the APs burst anyways. With AD being so crazy strong AP has no chance to even try to compete. it has nothing to do with hard to itemize, it's all about they really don't need it! What about the bulwark? that's 60 resist to one character and an aura of 30 resist to everyone! What about the new and improved spirit visage? what about abyssal scepter? all these items are still around and very stats strong, they're just not being used because there is no need for magic resist when there's cleavers being chucked at your face left and right!