Wriggle's Lantern - AP Version ~~ RIOT take a look

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyet

01-05-2013

Hello,

I'm Hyet from the NA Server, and I tend to play a lot of jungle.

I use AD Junglers such as Warwick, Udyr, Lee Sin, etc, but also AP, Diana, Fiddlesticks, Alistar, Evelynn, Amumu, etc.

For Lee Sin and Trundle I tend to go for Wriggle's Lantern, and also with others in difficult games. However, when I play AP junglers I've 'noticed' that there is no real AP jungling item. If this should be constructed, I'd say it'd have the same properties as the Wriggle's Lantern. Let's say it's name is Freya's Staff.

Wriggle's is constructed by the following items:

Wriggle's Lantern
I
Madred's Razors ------------------ Vampiric Scepter
I I
Cloth Armor --- Hunter's Machete Long Sword

This brings the following statistics:
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Wriggle's Lantern (cost 1600 GP):

+ 15 Attack Damage
+ 30 Armor
+ 10% Life Steal

Unique Passive - Maim: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 25% chance to deal 500 additional magic damage.
Unique Active: Places an invisible Sight Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes - 3 minute cooldown.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
For the AP Version of it, I'd say that there should be the same stats, with roughly the same benefits, like an AP version of Madred's Razors, and one Amplifying Tome and a new item that grants Spell Vampirism, as Hextech Revolver is 'too expensive' for an AP Wriggle's, building into Freya's Staff.

Something like this it would look like then:

Freya's Staff
I
Botus' Wand ---------------------------------- Book of Siphoning
I I
Cloth Armor --- Hunter's Machete Amplifying Tome --- Amplifying Tome

Which would have the following statistics:
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
Botus' Wand (cost 700 GP):

+ 25 Armor

Unique Passive - Maim: After using an ability that deals magic damage your next basic attack will have a 50% chance to deal 150 bonus magic damage.
Unique Passive - Rend: Basic attacks deal 10 bonus true damage to monsters.

Book of Siphoning (cost 800 GP):

+ 20 Ability Power

Unique Passive: + 10% Spell Vamp

Freya's Staff (cost 1600 GP):

+ 30 Ability Power
+ 30 Armor

Unique Passive: + 10% Spell Vamp
Unique Passive: - Maim: After using an ability that deals magic damage your next basic attack will have a 50% chance to deal 250 bonus magic damage.
Unique Active: Places an invisible Sight Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes - 3 minute cooldown.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Yes, this does require the construction of more, new items, which can only be used for this item (until possibly new items are invented). I ask RIOT to look into this, or comment, and give reasons why and why not this should be viable. I'm also asking the same to the community, inviting you guys to comment on my thoughts on this new AP jungle item.
Thanks for reading,

Hyet.

Yuan Shikai

01-05-2013

Spirit of the Spectral Wrath is an AP jungler item.

Hyet

01-05-2013

That is correct, and so is Spirit of the Ancient Golem an AD jungler item. But, it doesn't come with the benefits Wriggle's Lantern or Freya's Staff. The statistics of the newer items may be considered better but not by much, considering they are both 800 gold more expensive then Wriggle's and Freya's, and not providing the ward and survivability they can be rated as worse (or better) jungler items. Considering that when jungling you receive less gold then when laning.

Yuan Shikai

01-05-2013

Fact is however, that all AP junglers already have their way to clear either pretty safely (like Fiddles) or pretty swiftly (like Diana), every AP champ that is SUPPOSED to jungle can do so without high damage procs (also, I don't see why you would take your proposed item over the ancient golem with Amumu or Ali, foregoing massive tankiness for a small amount of AP and the proc seems to be plain stupid to me)

Hyet

01-05-2013

For Alistar and Amumu there is always the Spirit of the Ancient Golem, yes, but for people like Evelynn and Nautilus who could use an item like this. And also, I never said that Fiddlesticks or Diana are required to such item, I was just talking about which champions I use in the jungle.

Serenity Now

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is an AP jungler item.
As a long time Fiddle jungler, this item feels bad. I still prefer to start with a Doran's Ring.

The original poster is correct that the options for AP junglers are still not as good as they are for others.

Autocthon

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyet View Post
For Alistar and Amumu there is always the Spirit of the Ancient Golem, yes, but for people like Evelynn and Nautilus who could use an item like this. And also, I never said that Fiddlesticks or Diana are required to such item, I was just talking about which champions I use in the jungle.
Naut does not in any way need an item like this.

Also if you want free wards you can buy a sightstone. And like wriggles you'll either eat the slot cost or sell it later in the game.

Hyet

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
As a long time Fiddle jungler, this item feels bad. I still prefer to start with a Doran's Ring.

The original poster is correct that the options for AP junglers are still not as good as they are for others.
Thank you and I agree with the Doran's Ring

TealNinje

01-05-2013

I don't build Wriggle's Lantern on any of my junglers. The Hunter's Machete is usually enough for what I need it for, and I can get on with the rest of my build.

Hyet

01-06-2013

I somewhat agree, though some junglers are good with it, , Lee Sin (ward jumping is awesome) for example.