Warwick, some thoughts, a little depth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaDiGaR

01-05-2013

I posted on this earlier today in a WW items thread, but again I would state that WW players faced with his current kit sort of placing him betwixt AD/AP need to play around with the S3 itemization and maybe be a little crazy.

I like the suggestions that Imp previously laid out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
Easy (good sustain): Build tanky. Spirit of the Golem (Jungle), Spirit Visage, and Frozen Mallet being good choices.

Medium (good dps): Build AS/On-hit: Spirit of the Elder Lizard (Jungle), Blade of the Ruined King, and Zephyr being good choices

Hard (good burst): Build AP. Spirit of the Spectral Wraith (Jungle), Malady, and Liandry's Torment being good choices.
Idk... there are a lot of silly things that I'd like to do such as mixing Iceborn Gauntlet, Frozen Mallet, and Liandry's for maximum "Get Over Here" effect. But the monies...
I think that Twin Spirit is an interesting item for this iconic chaser champ if, again, you don't mind or can exploit the dip into AP building. And, being hybrid in damage output I don't think you can go wrong with grabbing Gunblade as one of your offensive items, especially if you are a player who favors Spirit Visage, which was just made better for WW imo.
There are a lot of trigger items out there that fit pretty well on WW, which is making me think about the 7.5% item trigger CDR mastery.

Basically, I feel like there's got to be a viable hybrid build out there for WW and I bet it's cozied up in mobafire or someplace else. I'ma check it

Lambach33

01-05-2013

WW's kit, overall in-game design and even his model are outdated and have glaring flaws.
He's arguably the champion in most need of a rework currently.
This isn't a matter of how much raw power he does or does not have. His kit is poor, relies entirely on being ahead and your ability to win fights is based on doing a quick item/health/cdr check as opposed to skill and strategy.
At this point, instead of tweaking and adjusting, Riot should simply gather and maintain the concepts that make WW who/what he is and rebuild him from the ground up.

Drinniol

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDiGaR View Post
I posted on this earlier today in a WW items thread, but again I would state that WW players faced with his current kit sort of placing him betwixt AD/AP need to play around with the S3 itemization and maybe be a little crazy.

I like the suggestions that Imp previously laid out

Idk... there are a lot of silly things that I'd like to do such as mixing Iceborn Gauntlet, Frozen Mallet, and Liandry's for maximum "Get Over Here" effect. But the monies...
I think that Twin Spirit is an interesting item for this iconic chaser champ if, again, you don't mind or can exploit the dip into AP building. And, being hybrid in damage output I don't think you can go wrong with grabbing Gunblade as one of your offensive items, especially if you are a player who favors Spirit Visage, which was just made better for WW imo.
There are a lot of trigger items out there that fit pretty well on WW, which is making me think about the 7.5% item trigger CDR mastery.

Basically, I feel like there's got to be a viable hybrid build out there for WW and I bet it's cozied up in mobafire or someplace else. I'ma check it
If you're already ahead, of course any build works. But on an equal gold footing, I just don't see any and I mean ANY of these builds or even any possible builds making WW actually able to stand up to most other champs and their optimal builds. If you and another champ both build 3k gold in items, but their items vastly improve every aspect of their kit, and your items moderately improve one aspect of your kit... how can you win?

MaDiGaR

01-05-2013

Ya got me. Sad thing is, and I think it's evident by how few views/replies these posts draw, is that WW lacks favor atm. If more ppl were into him then he might have a chance. But we can at least bump these posts time to time.

Badruk

01-05-2013

Passive- I think it could use a slight increase in damage/healing at later levels or maybe increase the max stacks it could have

Hungering Strike- I think the healing should scale with the ability (for example 80/85/90/95/100% of the damage dealt) and do more damage in exchange for no scaling (100/150/200/25/300 or 8/11/14/17/20% of target's max HP)

Hunters Call- Currently it is fine

Blood Scent- Maybe an increase in the ms bonus (10/20/30/40/50%) or sight range (1000/2000/3000/4000/5000) or maybe a slow can be applied to effected targets (12/14/16/18/20%)

Infinite Duress- Maybe increase the duration to 2 seconds, damage intervals to 1 per 1/2 second and one at the beginning and end of the duration and a slight increase to damage (50/75/100 per hit, 250/375/500 max)

All these numbers are rough and would probably result in overbuffing him :P

Drinniol

01-05-2013

The thing about blood scent as it is now is that prior to near max rank it doesn't really help you much. For most champs that have movement increasing moves or escapes... their escapes are pretty much set in stone, they are what they are at level 1 or level 18. That is, Corki's valkyrie isn't any weaker an escape at level 3 than it is at level 18. So if what it takes for a WW to catch an injured Corki after he valks is a 40% movespeed bonus, that Warwick is never going going to catch ANY corki's before he has level 5 blood scent, which is ****. In order to make WW even a moderately effective pursuer prior to 18, his catchup needs to be STRONG even with 1 point invested. Yes, indeed, it needs to be a 1 point wonder because most escapes are 1 point wonders. Another thing that would greatly help is if the buff duration upon sniffing an injured opponent was much longer, say 10 seconds. Right now, if someone gets out of range even briefly (such as with valkyrie for Corki), your buff runs out before you can get into range again and they get away easily.

Drinniol

01-05-2013

Oh I almost forgot, his tooltip for Q is also bugged and shows him doing, for instance, 116% of target hp with 100 hp. Fortunately, he doesn't actually do this much damage with AP.

Khrai

01-05-2013

-I think ww's fine like he is except for his E, wich in my opinion should be a passive ms speed bonus (but slightly lower %) with the same toggle on ability that would apply a revealing effect with a slightly slow effect on the enemy. But that's my point of view.

-His ult should scale with AP imo. Either that or the Q should be scaling in AD.

And yet, some of you guys compared ww's skills with mundo's; let's not forget that mundo only have one skill that scale with something (his w) and i don't see anyone complaining about mundo.

Drinniol

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrai View Post
-I think ww's fine like he is except for his E, wich in my opinion should be a passive ms speed bonus (but slightly lower %) with the same toggle on ability that would apply a revealing effect with a slightly slow effect on the enemy. But that's my point of view.

-His ult should scale with AP imo. Either that or the Q should be scaling in AD.

And yet, some of you guys compared ww's skills with mundo's; let's not forget that mundo only have one skill that scale with something (his w) and i don't see anyone complaining about mundo.
Mundo has inherent scaling on his ult and his passive: they become better the tankier and beefier he is.

For that matter, even WW's "nonscaling" W actually scales: with his AD and his on-hits, as I've stated.

In any case, the comparison of Mundo's Q and Warwick's Q is very instructive. Of COURSE you can balance any kit, no matter how poorly constructed, with numbers. If you just turned the 16% on Hungering Strike to 50% or something ridiculous WW would be OP as all hell. I just don't think that's the best way to go about fixing WW. He doesn't need nor should he be another Mundo. What should he be though? As I've said, he needs his skill scaling changed so that he has a genuine route to building killing power, and he needs his early chasing power through a buff to his E. It's just not viable, in today's game, for a jungler to need to be level 6 before he can pull off a gank. Seeing that blood hunt pop over your injured champion should be an "Oh ****, I'm in trouble, WW is going to be on my ass in moments" signal, not a "Walk back all the way from enemy tower to my tower before WW can even close for one Q."

Drinniol

01-06-2013

One last bump