Tips for an OK player to carry out of elo hell?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProtoPulse

01-04-2013

pick up on when to go for objectives

Insanity Cow

01-04-2013

If you think you're better than your elo, play a role that can affect all lanes, like mid or jungle

Ward all over and tell people to ward, get fed and make calls and lead your team to victory

If someone is feeding, don't look at it as their problem; try to win your lane hard enough to make a difference or help their lane

most importantly, stay positive and keep your team in the mood to win

PlausibleParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

play high win ratio champs (lolking). find out why they have a high win ratio (tf 54% for gate and pushing power). then out cs the enemies while abusing the reason they have a high win ratio. learn 2 champs per role, only play those champs. If you play certain champs a lot you will learn what battles they can win and which ones you should avoid. I played olaf for 2 weeks straight and almost never lost a trade top because i knew which ones to fight, i would end off some fights at 50 health, but i would gain an advantage from those.

dont be afraid to ward other peoples lanes. bot can ward bot and mid, mid can ward mid and top, top can ward top and mid. if all the jungle entrances are warded the enemy jungler will have a hard time ganking.

iGodyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Thanks guys, keep em' coming. I need this.

Hassohappa

01-04-2013

Assassins are pretty good at the moment. Basically if you are doing well you can keep your lane opponent down pretty easily and then you can roam to other lanes and help them out. Then if there is a carry on the enemy team that gets really fed you are in a good spot to be able to burst that person down before they can destroy your team.

iGodyr

01-04-2013

Shameless Bump

Frawg D11

01-04-2013

Play a large number of ranked games consecutively. If you notice, high elo players fluctuate sometimes by + or - 500 points in a few days. Also, don't pick champions that you think can carry a team, or snowball hard. Pick champions that you are good with. Also also, mid and jungle have the most control of the map. Also also also, if you are still intent on playing a carry, nobody snowballs harder than nunu.

iGodyr

01-04-2013

shameless number

xXSorianXx

01-04-2013

I'm not a great mid player but I've found that if I want to actually win a game 100% play AP Yi mid and proceed to demolish the enemy mid I went 17-0-1 my first ranked game with him.

C00LST0RYBR0

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSorianXx View Post
I'm not a great mid player but I've found that if I want to actually win a game 100% play AP Yi mid and proceed to demolish the enemy mid I went 17-0-1 my first ranked game with him.
AP Yi doesnt work if your team cant support it. Will stop working very quickly at mid elo.