The Answer to Kha'Zix Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookygrampa View Post
Fiddle used to work well before s3 not sure now though.
If Fiddle plays smart until Level 3 he can out trade Kha'Zix pretty well. This is because unlike many assassins, Kha'Zix' main form of damage is frontloaded into his Q (In stark contrast to Talon who can 100->0 you in a single rotation of his abilities without repetition), at which point Fiddles drain should be able to heal the damage back in between his Qs (Provided Kha'Zix was stupid enough to come back into range after being feared and drained which may cost him a tremendous amount of health).
TL;DR - Farm safe to your mid levels, make your first three items Rylais, WoTA, and Sorcs = Watch Kha'Zix cry.

relevantex

01-04-2013

I've been practicing with Malzahar lately. The problem with Malz is that while yes, he naturally pushes the opponent to his turret and can counter AD assassin's like Kha'Zix, it keeps him open for ganks. Malzahar has no escape whatsoever. The jungler can easily come and wreck Malz's face off with Kha'zix's help, especially someone like Rengar or Xin Zhao. I'm personally not used to this because I usually play mid champs like Ahri and Kat.

It becomes vital to buy at least two wards every time I shop as Malzahar, otherwise I'm going to get destroyed by the jungler+Kha'zix and end up feeding him regardless. All I can say is every time you get even the slightest hint that the jungler is there, RUN.

IF you manage to put enough pressure to force Kha'Zix to miss cs under turret, keeping a really tight leash on him/following him to other lanes, all the while escaping any and all ganks by the jungler or even top/bot lane only then you've effectively countered Kha'Zix.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEntite View Post
Who the **** doesn't Malzhar stomp in lane? By the time he's level 6 there is nothing you can do to him anymore.
Viktor, lol. Viktor is my answer to almost anyone.

LightEntite

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
Ask GD, I know Malzahar beats a lot of people in lane, but it just seems that people decided to hop onto the 'KHA'ZIX OP' bandwagon and stop their search for an answer, and an answer is what I'm here to provide.
I'm here standing for a champion that I enjoyed playing since his release back when he was 'trash' to now - the point where he's some unholy destroyer of planets. I don't want Riot to kill him, I never enjoyed a champion as much as I did Kha'Zix, I don't want him getting brutally gutted like Diana, and unlike Rengar, he's an AD Caster. You nerf him hard, you've killed him, there's no SoTD Kha'Zix or AP Kha'Zix builds to bring him back if anything bad were to happen.
So please, hear me out and give it a chance.

Oh i wasn't really disagreeing with you at all. I just thought it was funny that Malz was the magic answer.

Kha'Zix is OP because someone on GD started complaining, and then Kha'Zix killed someone in-game.

My crystal ball states that Elise will be the next "OP" champ

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by relevantex View Post
I've been practicing with Malzahar lately. The problem with Malz is that while yes, he naturally pushes the opponent to his turret and can counter AD assassin's like Kha'Zix, it keeps him open for ganks. Malzahar has no escape whatsoever. The jungler can easily come and wreck Malz's face off with Kha'zix's help, especially someone like Rengar or Xin Zhao. I'm personally not used to this because I usually play mid champs like Ahri and Kat.

It becomes vital to buy at least two wards every time I shop as Malzahar, otherwise I'm going to get destroyed by the jungler+Kha'zix and end up feeding him regardless. All I can say is every time you get even the slightest hint that the jungler is there, RUN.

IF you manage to put enough pressure to force Kha'Zix to miss cs under turret, keeping a really tight leash on him/following him to other lanes, all the while escaping any and all ganks by the jungler or even top/bot lane only then you've effectively countered Kha'Zix.
Buying two wards is unnecessary, instead you can ward one side of the river in the lane and then stick to that side of the lane. Do you see the jungler coming? Run back to the tower. Did the jungler enter the lane from the other side of the lane? Go back into your jungle and back to your tower via the warded path.
In the case of extremely mobile and highly dangerous junglers such as Hecarim, you may want to ward both sides because a small miscalculation or misinterpretation of where the enemy jungler is can be a surefire death sentence, whether you're Malz or Ahri and the enemy is Kha'Zix or not.

Asdioh

01-04-2013

Noooo why are you telling people this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
Yes I understand that you might not want to play Malzahar,
Speak for yourself, Malzahar is practically the only champ I find fun anymore. I'm also afraid of nothing in lane, except maybe Leblanc, but at least against LB I can outpush her and roam.

Yes, a well-played Malzahar will wreck just about anything, including the bruisers/assassins everyone is whining about nowadays. I'm just glad Malzahar is underplayed, or else people would be whining about him too.

Btw Malz doesn't push lane unless you intentionally try to, so I don't know why people think he always pushes out and leaves himself open to ganks, lol.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEntite View Post
Oh i wasn't really disagreeing with you at all. I just thought it was funny that Malz was the magic answer.

Kha'Zix is OP because someone on GD started complaining, and then Kha'Zix killed someone in-game.

My crystal ball states that Elise will be the next "OP" champ
He's not even the magic answer, it's just what should have been common sense. Imagine that we have a window and the answer lies behind it. The window is covered in dust. GD is a person standing on the other side of the window and can not see through the dust. I am that guy trying to blow away the dust and show GD the answer that was always there.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
Noooo why are you telling people this?!Speak for yourself, Malzahar is practically the only champ I find fun anymore. I'm also afraid of nothing in lane, except maybe Leblanc, but at least against LB I can outpush her and roam.

Yes, a well-played Malzahar will wreck just about anything, including the bruisers/assassins everyone is whining about nowadays. I'm just glad Malzahar is underplayed, or else people would be whining about him too.

Btw Malz doesn't push lane unless you intentionally try to, so I don't know why people think he always pushes out and leaves himself open to ganks, lol.
I love Malzahar too! He's my go to champ when I want to win, I've played him for many many games and I have 0 difficulty in landing any of his skillshots! Don't worry Malz won't get any nerfs through this, I'm just showing everyone to prevent the ruination of Malz' Void Buddy Kha'Zix

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Bumping for awareness.

Rin Kuragari

01-05-2013

Bumping once more.