The Answer to Kha'Zix Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiralune

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
Doesn't matter, he has Eve/Kat syndrome, he can roam and get fed and you can't do anything about it. Sure, you can take his turret, but when he has 4 kills just off roaming, he got the better end of the deal.
Eve gets away with it because wards don't counter her properly (you need pinks).

Kat gets fed moreso from one skirmish (like a dragon fight) in her favor.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
I play AP Tristana and kill you before you even get into melee range.
I'm not really sure about this one, I haven't got the opportunity to play against it, but I will be sure to inform you via this thread if I get the chance!

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
Viktor is a good answer but his punishment of Kha'Zix mistakes is not as severe as Malzahar. If you screw up vs Viktor, there is a chance you may get away with a small portion of health. If you screw up vs Malzahar, you can enjoy your grey screen, the thing about Viktor is that he has to be very good at timing his stun fields and predicting their placement upon Kha'Zix' position, if he can't do that, he's in a very dangerous situation
Yeah, this is about what I've found for myself as well. Viktor farms harder and safer than KZ, so he doesn't have to worry about KZ shoving the lane. Early Q harass typically gives me the upper hand, because KZ doesn't have an answer to it besides to all-in or burn his entire mana bar spamming W.

The bubble is definitely Viktor's trump card, but you're absolutely right - if it's not positioned well KZ can kind of run around it. I've had it happen where you throw down the bubble and the MS boost when KZ ults allows him to run out before it stuns him, that was quite the surprise.

It's a tricky matchup.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Yeah, this is about what I've found for myself as well. Viktor farms harder and safer than KZ, so he doesn't have to worry about KZ shoving the lane. Early Q harass typically gives me the upper hand, because KZ doesn't have an answer to it besides to all-in or burn his entire mana bar spamming W.

The bubble is definitely Viktor's trump card, but you're absolutely right - if it's not positioned well KZ can kind of run around it. I've had it happen where you throw down the bubble and the MS boost when KZ ults allows him to run out before it stuns him, that was quite the surprise.

It's a tricky matchup.
The Viktor must be highly skilled to beat Kha'Zix, but he's one of the mages capable of it. Mind you, Viktors players are rare and are often dedicated to him so it's pretty common to see them kick ass!

LightEntite

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
As someone who has played Kha'Zix with a high frequency since his release date (Yes, this was before BC, when he was 'trash champion Riot pls buff') and stomped and went with a high score every single game, today was the first time I got royally shat on as mid Kha'Zix by a Malzahar who knew what he was doing. Just try it, instead of putting your beloved Kassadin, Karthus, etc. mid vs him, you will laugh your ass off. Yes I understand that you might not want to play Malzahar, but if we always got what we wanted, who the hell would give a flying **** about counterpicking? It'd all be Person A: "I'm playing X", Person B: "I'm picking Y and idc if he gets hardcountered in lane"
This is my effort to stop GD in its attempt to convince Riot to pull off a Diana on Kha'Zix.
Thank me later.

Why does it work?
Malzahar punishes predictability. If he knows where you're going to be, he's going to ult combo you and kill you. Malzahar is effectively safe from Kha'Zix because he can farm from an extremely long range, rendering Kha'Zix' void spikes useless. This forces Kha'Zix' into being bottlenecked into having to jump RIGHT ON TOP of Malzahar to display any aggression, this will lead to an instant death as he will pool, visions and ult you.

Examples of predictability punishment:
-Xerath locking himself down, Malzahar could flash combo and kill him instantaneously.
-Kha'Zix lands on Malzahars face, gets quickly melted. This can apply to Akali too.

Where do you get any credibility from? Are you just saying Malzahar counters Kha'Zix because you got shat on?
I have played Malzahar even more than Kha'Zix. After watching the replay, I could see the strategies the Malzahar was employing to keep me at bay and prevent me from snowballing.

If Malzahar gets closed on by Kha'Zix and his ult is down, how will he match Kha'Zix' isolation damage?
You're almost never going to get Malzahar isolated because his voidling will be up most of the times, also, the voidling can block your missiles for him

So you're trying to say Malzahar simply beats Kha'Zix because he can zone him?
Kha'Zix' responses to Malzahar are terribly limited, if Kha'Zix gets frustrated with being unable to CS, he may try to roam, Malzahar can simply push the lane with tremendous speed and take Kha'Zix tower, giving his team more map control. We all know that map control and vision is the most important part to winning a game.

Who the **** doesn't Malzhar stomp in lane? By the time he's level 6 there is nothing you can do to him anymore.

Honestly it's probably harder finding a Mid champ who Malz doesn't have some significant edge over. If you aren't bullying Malzhar into healing, wasting his mana or recalling, by the time he gets his ultimate you're probably going to die during any skirmish.

Attilian

01-04-2013

Also Annie. She's an anti-assassin. Zone all day with her stun. As soon as an assassin looks to be comboing you, let them meet your bear tibbers.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEntite View Post
Who the **** doesn't Malzhar stomp in lane? By the time he's level 6 there is nothing you can do to him anymore.
Ask GD, I know Malzahar beats a lot of people in lane, but it just seems that people decided to hop onto the 'KHA'ZIX OP' bandwagon and stop their search for an answer, and an answer is what I'm here to provide.
I'm here standing for a champion that I enjoyed playing since his release back when he was 'trash' to now - the point where he's some unholy destroyer of planets. I don't want Riot to kill him, I never enjoyed a champion as much as I did Kha'Zix, I don't want him getting brutally gutted like Diana, and unlike Rengar, he's an AD Caster. You nerf him hard, you've killed him, there's no SoTD Kha'Zix or AP Kha'Zix builds to bring him back if anything bad were to happen.
So please, hear me out and give it a chance.

Crocele

01-04-2013

cho gath mid works great against him to he surprisingly outtrades him and kha zix's burst is mitigated by his resistances and hp pool.

Spookygrampa

01-04-2013

Fiddle used to work well before s3 not sure now though.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocele View Post
cho gath mid works great against him to he surprisingly outtrades him and kha zix's burst is mitigated by his resistances and hp pool.
Cho'Gath mid is a great pick in my opinion and if he can survive the early laning phase, he is also capable of being the bane of many snowball-requiring assassins (Talon, Zed, Kha'Zix).