Is day z worth buying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chicago 777

01-03-2013

Was thinking about it not sure tho.

UrsaMinor

01-03-2013

I wouldn't get it for myself. I've seen some youtube vids (I was interested in the game) on it and the game seems to move along very slow. It's also pretty buggy. I've heard about latency problems as well. The mod seems to be less about zombie survival and more about PK survival (which is kinda dumb when you can die to some random sniper in one shot, lose everything and then you'd have to gather your stuff all over again).

I'd just wait for the mod to split off into a stand alone game.

That's just my opinion though. You could look past its problems and have lots of fun with it. Lots of people like the mod.

Antarctica

01-03-2013

I'll give you my experience real quick.

Friends begged me to buy it to play it with them. Bought it. Hated it. They realized they hated it when they went through their "clan-phase". I regret buying it, and I keep that arma 2 shortcut on my desktop to remind myself to make my own damn decisions in the future.

Chicago 777

01-04-2013

Dam it looked sweet as fuk but I was 2nd guessing myself if I wanted to spend 17$ on it.

Dobagoh

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago 777 View Post
Dam it looked sweet as fuk but I was 2nd guessing myself if I wanted to spend 17$ on it.
Game looks interesting, and I would probably enjoy it for about 10 minutes until I got repeatedly PK'd, causing me to rage more so than solo q'ing LoL Normals.

Einheria Valesti

01-04-2013

The games developer got in huge trouble very recently for advertising his game as something it wasn't, he said features would be in the game upon release (and shortly after) then those promises fell through. He's in a butt load of legal trouble.
On top of that the game is slow, buggy and not all that fun.

Chicago 777

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootãloo View Post
The games developer got in huge trouble very recently for advertising his game as something it wasn't, he said features would be in the game upon release (and shortly after) then those promises fell through. He's in a butt load of legal trouble.

Wasnt that war z?

Dobagoh

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootăloo View Post
legal trouble? lolololol i call bs

Chicago 777

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
legal trouble? lolololol i call bs

i think he's talking about war z cause i heard war z got taken off steam for that reason.

John BIaze

01-04-2013

Day Z is a great game. It's hardly a game though, more of just... Here are some mechanics, now do whatever the hell you want with them. If you have friends to play with, that's great. If you don't it's going to be fun - maybe more fun. Start with low population servers to gear up, and get used to it, then move into ones that are populated.