What the Tribunal System has Created.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WestRow

01-03-2013

This system has created an entire community of people who will do nothing but blame people and report them for simply losing the game. In every game, we could have a really good bot lane duo or something who just work well together, and the other team will report their own bot lane for being like 1/4, it's absolutely disgusting.

This isn't right, and I'm pretty sure this is not what you wanted, the only necessary reasons to report some one are:

• Blatant Trolling (Feeding intentionally and other things)
  • Abusive Behavior (Verbal abuse etc)
  • Leaving the Game or AFK

You shouldn't be able to report some one for just being bad, it's just not right, we were all bad once if not still are but we are all getting better, I'm pretty sure the option for reporting people for being bad doesn't and cant get them banned, but people dont use it, they will always put down either Greifing or Intentionally Feeding.

This whole problem curves in on itself, people are scared of going badly in games and don't want to be reported so they have to find some one to blame, it's ridiculous.

You have to do something about this.

KamikazeArchon

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRow View Post
This system has created an entire community of people who will do nothing but blame people and report them for simply losing the game.
No, people who blame everyone else on their team have been here since the dawn of League. The Tribunal did not create them, and it's reduced their avenues of effective harassment.
Quote:
You have to do something about this.
Why? Someone reports you falsely. So what? Even if you manage to get enough false reports to get to the Tribunal - a rare feat in and of itself - you are still almost certainly going to just get pardoned. And if you have no existing infractions, even the extremely rare false punish will simply give you a warning.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-03-2013

Quote:
This system has created an entire community of people who will do nothing but blame people and report them for simply losing the game. In every game, we could have a really good bot lane duo or something who just work well together, and the other team will report their own bot lane for being like 1/4, it's absolutely disgusting.
I agree that report bullying is a problem, but not in the same way as you. Reports from people who report their teammates for losing their lane are worth nothing. They don't have any weight whatsoever; the Tribunal system automatically disregards them because they know those reports are most likely false.

To me, the fact that those reports are going into the system is no problem at all. Tribunal's got that handled. What I have a problem are the things being said to those people are they get reported. The playerbase should be aware that saying "bg fail top, report our trash Vlad pls" is something that you will absolutely get banned for, and right now they don't seem to be aware of that.

WestRow

01-03-2013

Quote:
No, people who blame everyone else on their team have been here since the dawn of League. The Tribunal did not create them, and it's reduced their avenues of effective harassment.
But it's not right is it? And having an option to report people just because they are bad isn't helping it. People see bad as wrong, and not normal. Like I said, everyone was once or still is bad, there's no problem in that.

Quote:
Why? Someone reports you falsely. So what?
No, this really isn't about me, it's just sad to see some one on my team perform well or myself against their opponent and their whole team just flame my/their opponent just because they were out played.

WestRow

01-03-2013

Quote:
To me, the fact that those reports are going into the system is no problem at all. Tribunal's got that handled. What I have a problem are the things being said to those people are they get reported. The playerbase should be aware that saying "bg fail top, report our trash Vlad pls" is something that you will absolutely get banned for, and right now they don't seem to be aware of that.
I agree completely but wouldn't removing the option for reporting a bad player from the game entirely send a message that reporting people just for losing isn't right, that would lower the case load on the Tribunal making it easier even if they have it handled. Having that option to report people for bad sends the message that bad isn't right and is punishable, which would be the complete opposite of what Riot wants here.

Getsuei

01-03-2013

The report on unskilled players is not something that makes it to the Tribunal. From what I remember, it is used for the matchmaking system. I would rather someone get reported for being unskilled then seeing multiple people report for feeding. Yes, there is a difference.

KamikazeArchon

01-03-2013

Quote:
I agree completely but wouldn't removing the option for reporting a bad player from the game entirely send a message that reporting people just for losing isn't right, that would lower the case load on the Tribunal making it easier even if they have it handled. Having that option to report people for bad sends the message that bad isn't right and is punishable, which would be the complete opposite of what Riot wants here.
The Unskilled Player option, as Getsuei said, does not actually send someone to the Tribunal.

Getsuei

01-03-2013

Found it.

Quote:
1. Unskilled Player - This is not a violation that appears in Tribunal. This type of violation is not a crime but an opinion rating that is used to determine match ups in future games. If a player performs poorly (i.e. dying a lot in the match) but seemed to at least be trying to cooperate or play well, then this should be selected in a report.
This is found in the Tribunal guide, which is a sticky at the top of the forums.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-03-2013

I could understand removing the Unskilled Player report. It might cause a spike in false reports as people feel like they have to report their 1/11/3 Garen for something, but as I already said, Tribunal can handle those false reports. It comes down to what the average player's impression of the report system is, and whether it can be changed by removing one of the reports. Riot has more data on this than we do, and I trust them to make that decision if it would help.

Clarification from Lyte regarding Unskilled Player reports:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It doesn't do anything automatically, so it's impossible for a player to 'troll' another player and lower their Elo. However, we do use the reports for other things but they are always reviewed by human eyes first.

WestRow

01-03-2013

Well as stated before, having the report unskilled player option simply sends a message that being unskilled is a bad thing and should be punished.

I'm not arguing about what happens when some one is reported for unskilled, I'm arguing about how people feel they are obligated to report unskilled people in other forms such as "intentionally feeding". If some one is new to the game and ends with a score of 2/12 and is reported for intentionally feeding with no real chat apart from their team accusing them of doing so, I am willing to bet that most of you will punish. If not, forget it. But I highly doubt you wouldn't.

Quote:
The report on unskilled players is not something that makes it to the Tribunal. From what I remember, it is used for the matchmaking system. I would rather someone get reported for being unskilled then seeing multiple people report for feeding. Yes, there is a difference.
What you said is true but has nothing to do with what I am saying, I am saying that unskilled players are reported for feeding etc, because everyone knows that being reported for being unskilled really cant be punished in any major way, but under the guise of intentional it does have a chance.