Hyper-aggression strat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valor And Quinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

I've been wanting have me and my friends mostly use this kind of strategy. But I'm not sure where to really start with this.
What kind of champs are good?
What types items should we be building?
What general things should we prioritize?

( If you dont know what I'm talking about I mean how most asian teams play such as azubu blaze, najin sword, Taipei assassins, ETC. )
I understand that you need strong earlygame champs and to take turrets fast. But I always get lost when I try to apply it.

Lord Puppy Fury

01-03-2013

I'm by no means an expert on the workings of pro echelon League, but here are some things I've seen/heard from tournaments and commentary:

1. The have a top laner who can hack it 1v2 bot lane.

2. They force early wards down on the enemy side of the map to deter gank paths and have the knowledge to use vision from wards in those locations.

3. They have excellent coordination and extremely clear objectives in the early minutes of the game.

4. They prioritize aura items first. This is how they take a small gold advantage and turn it into a massive team wide advantage.

5. They practice. A lot.

6. They love Lulu. I can't be sure, but I suspect her strong poke and wave-clear prep allows her to keep the enemies off her ADC while also taking out the minions and then the tower quickly.

Definitely not a complete guide to the Asian meta, but it's certainly a fun play style to experiment with.

Valor And Quinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
I'm by no means an expert on the workings of pro echelon League, but here are some things I've seen/heard from tournaments and commentary:

1. The have a top laner who can hack it 1v2 bot lane.

2. They force early wards down on the enemy side of the map to deter gank paths and have the knowledge to use vision from wards in those locations.

3. They have excellent coordination and extremely clear objectives in the early minutes of the game.

4. They prioritize aura items first. This is how they take a small gold advantage and turn it into a massive team wide advantage.

5. They practice. A lot.

6. They love Lulu. I can't be sure, but I suspect her strong poke and wave-clear prep allows her to keep the enemies off her ADC while also taking out the minions and then the tower quickly.

Definitely not a complete guide to the Asian meta, but it's certainly a fun play style to experiment with.
Me too, thats great.

Thanks for the help. this cleared up alot of things for me.

hentai 4 lyfe

01-04-2013

dislike me

iDpark

01-04-2013

Early towers and then invading/warding enemy jungle.

TeknoWizard

01-04-2013

Well, there's a couple kinds of early agression.

There's hyper tower pushing early. That normally involves switching up the lanes to make 1v2's in top and bot. Olaf is an amazing 1v2-er because of his axe spam. It's also fairly common to see that happen on purple side, and give the Olaf blue buff. They normally run a jungler like Cho'Gath with that because he naturally sustains mana so well he doesn't "need" blue. The AD-Support in top lane take really powerful early-mid champions. I see Lulu and Nunu a lot, along with Caitlyn more nowadays.

There's early agressive invading. THis can be many kinds of invades. There's level one invades. Normally you see a heavy CC and burst level 1 team do these. Think Morgana, Blitzcrank, Alistar, Cho'Gath, Nunu or Diana. Having a reveal helps, (Corki or Diana for example). Or conversely, you could do repeated invades to steal everything throughout the course of the game, ala M5 from Kiev last year. Nunu is really good for this, as is Mundo. I'm not so sure about Shyvanna this season, haven't practiced the new jungle enough to say, and I haven't seen enough of her in action yet.

OR to present yet another variation upon that, there's heavy ganking from mid or top laners or from the jungler. Diana, Gragas, Katarina and Twisted Fate are really good ganking mids. Check out what sOAZ was doing for Fnatic at IPL5 for a good example of a ganking top laner. Any jungler that can gank repeatedly is fantatic, notably Cho'gath, Maokai and Nunu.

Valor And Quinn

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Well, there's a couple kinds of early agression.

There's hyper tower pushing early. That normally involves switching up the lanes to make 1v2's in top and bot. Olaf is an amazing 1v2-er because of his axe spam. It's also fairly common to see that happen on purple side, and give the Olaf blue buff. They normally run a jungler like Cho'Gath with that because he naturally sustains mana so well he doesn't "need" blue. The AD-Support in top lane take really powerful early-mid champions. I see Lulu and Nunu a lot, along with Caitlyn more nowadays.

There's early agressive invading. THis can be many kinds of invades. There's level one invades. Normally you see a heavy CC and burst level 1 team do these. Think Morgana, Blitzcrank, Alistar, Cho'Gath, Nunu or Diana. Having a reveal helps, (Corki or Diana for example). Or conversely, you could do repeated invades to steal everything throughout the course of the game, ala M5 from Kiev last year. Nunu is really good for this, as is Mundo. I'm not so sure about Shyvanna this season, haven't practiced the new jungle enough to say, and I haven't seen enough of her in action yet.

OR to present yet another variation upon that, there's heavy ganking from mid or top laners or from the jungler. Diana, Gragas, Katarina and Twisted Fate are really good ganking mids. Check out what sOAZ was doing for Fnatic at IPL5 for a good example of a ganking top laner. Any jungler that can gank repeatedly is fantatic, notably Cho'gath, Maokai and Nunu.
Thanks a ton.
What other champs are good 2v1?
Shen, Vlad for sure.
How about morde?