¿why continue with the tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

magooomba

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konjiki ikaros View Post
srsly u dont understand nothing...you are welcome to leave this post )
So the question remains, still, whether the statistic you are using to make your point is made up or not. Don't worry though, we all know the answer.

Alanja

01-03-2013

Sorry, but it really looks to me as if you want a legitimation for your negative attitude and remarks thoughout your game...

I may be wrong with it though, since I do not share that attitude.

But I really welcome any idea on how to better the tribunal. For example if you want to have Riot judge every case, they mentioned several times that they would judge harder on what they see.

YueienGato

01-03-2013

Quote:
srsly u dont understand nothing...you are welcome to leave this post )
*Seriously, you don't understand anything. You are welcome to leave this post.

So, aside from that freebie, let's break down the math, yes?

Quote:
Cant say "the tribunal is working fine" if likely 30% of the ppl are conforming with him. Just saying to Fix this and pass to a new tribunal form
You are asserting that 30% of the population is unhappy with the Tribunal. Care to link?

Oh, wait, then you walk back that suggestion when asked for raw data. Instead we get:

Quote:
i have just 30 friend in LoL who thinks the same , and i know more ppl thinks that , i like people say what happened , and not just 1 person who talk "we" thinking he are all the people in this game.
So random 30% of total population WITH a magical 30 number of friends who happen, for one reason or another, to agree with your sentiments?

http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazo...nfographic.png

According to the last infograph Riot posted in Sept 2012, the current number of registered unique summoner accounts was somewhere around 70 million. To cut down on that number - and to arrive somewhat closer to your "30 friends" number, lets just go with the monthly active user number (From the same infograph) and say 32 million players.

You claim 30% of the 32 million are unhappy? So 9 600 000 people are unhappy . .. certainly a larger number than your 30 friends.

Konjiki ikaros

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
*Seriously, you don't understand anything. You are welcome to leave this post.

So, aside from that freebie, let's break down the math, yes?

You are asserting that 30% of the population is unhappy with the Tribunal. Care to link?

Oh, wait, then you walk back that suggestion when asked for raw data. Instead we get:

So random 30% of total population WITH a magical 30 number of friends who happen, for one reason or another, to agree with your sentiments?

http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazo...nfographic.png

According to the last infograph Riot posted in Sept 2012, the current number of registered unique summoner accounts was somewhere around 70 million. To cut down on that number - and to arrive somewhat closer to your "30 friends" number, lets just go with the monthly active user number (From the same infograph) and say 32 million players.

You claim 30% of the 32 million are unhappy? So 9 600 000 people are unhappy . .. certainly a larger number than your 30 friends.
Idk , u just want attention , please all look him!! u cant understand a simple metaphor , dont stay more in this post , thanks you

YueienGato

01-03-2013

Quote:
Idk , u just want attention , please all look him!! u cant understand a simple metaphor , dont stay more in this post , thanks you
Sorry, you're saying that you pulling "30% of players are unhappy with Tribunal" was a METAPHOR now? Or was you having 30 friends agree with you the metaphor?

Sorry I ain't jumping on your bandwagon when you offer such shady evidence and poor excuses as to why you think the Tribunal ought to be changed when, clearly from your reform card, it is working perfectly well in its current form. Your behaviour was found to be wanting by other players and so you were given a time bamp. Nothing more, nothing less. I can almost assure you that if you don't start to understand why your behaviour was considered unacceptable than nothing will change . . . cept perhaps the perma bamp.

Want to know what the future looks like?

Quote:
If a player gets suspended through the Tribunal system, it usually means that they have repeated bad behavior in recent weeks.

A suspension from Tribunal is the result of a progression of punishment levels.

Reminder: A case is one or more reported incidents bundled together. A case file is one or more cases bundled together. Just saying this to help prevent players mixing up the word "case" with "incident" in the language used.

☆ First guilty case = Email Warning, No Suspension

☆ Second guilty case within recent weeks = 1 or more days of suspension

☆ Third guilty case within recent weeks = 1 or more days of suspension + extra time suspended for repeat violation

☆ Fourth guilty case within recent weeks = 1 or more days of suspension + even more extra time suspended for repeat violation

And so on.

Riot staff in charge of audits may manually increase/decrease the punishments given.

This means that a player that gets suspended is not punished only for what you see in the most recent reform card but ALSO the fact that they have NOT reformed enough to stay out of Tribunal.

It also takes generally more reported incidents than what is shown on a reform card to even appear on Tribunal so the actual number of reported incidents for the punished violator may be much larger. Only the most recent incidents within X days are included in the reform card.

Permanent suspensions are manually administered by hand by Riot staff, who are alerted to a case file when it has had enough guilty cases within a certain period of time to flag it as a special priority for review.

☆ So if you think that a suspension is not warranted for what you see in a case, try to remember that if it got as bad as a suspension, the punished violator has been naughty in more, perhaps many more incidents than what is shown in the case. The suspension is NOT for a first time offense.

NOTE: This does not mean that you should Punish for a false report. It means vote Punish if you see a legitimate violation regardless of whether you believe that violation is bad enough for a suspension by itself because by itself the punishment will not be a suspension (first time offender = warning mail, not suspension).

☆ This also means that permanently suspended players (the worst of the worst) that say they don't deserve their suspensions more often than not are either lying or fail to understand what it actually means to act civil in a public setting in accordance with the Summoner's Code.
(Special exception being accounts placed on hold by the monetary transaction fraud defense system, which auto-permabans for 2100-type sentences - contact Riot Support if this happens to you - often the result of a problem with a credit card transfer)

☆ Punishment levels reduce themselves automatically if the player plays long enough without getting punished by Tribunal. This means that REAL PROOF OF ATTEMPT TO REFORM is when the player gets his/her punishment level down from the previous punishment. (Ex. 1-day suspension reduced to email warning/no suspension)
From: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2518116

Dracorya

01-03-2013

Quote:
...you seriously don't understand basic math do you.

30 of your friends compared to the MILLIONS of players that play LoL?

Let me translate into basic math for you. Let's say right now roughly 60,000,000 people play LoL.

So, taking 30 of your friends out, they'd only account for....*calculate*

0.0000005% of the total population.

And that's a laughable size to account to be a "serious" margin of error.

But hey, keep saying "Oh you have no clue what you're talking about." I'll believe the fact that the person arguing against you is not banned and you are. I'll leave it to you to puzzle out who's the more believable source.

Alanja

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
...you seriously don't understand basic math do you.

30 of your friends compared to the MILLIONS of players that play LoL?

Let me translate into basic math for you. Let's say right now roughly 60,000,000 people play LoL.

So, taking 30 of your friends out, they'd only account for....*calculate*

0.0000005% of the total population.

And that's a laughable size to account to be a "serious" margin of error.

But hey, keep saying "Oh you have no clue what you're talking about." I'll believe the fact that the person arguing against you is not banned and you are. I'll leave it to you to puzzle out who's the more believable source.
I like you ^^

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Konjiki, as a standard, the Tribunal is accepted by a majority of the League population, as many of us have been playing since its introduction and have seen the positive effect it has had on the game. Now, do I want a "better Tribunal", well yes I do. I think that the Tribunal will always need improvements and clarifications and algorithms to better serve its purpose: To remove "toxic" players and to reform those that are on the path to "toxicity".

As a rule, players tend to be friends with people they agree with, otherwise they wouldn't be friends with them. I can state I have friends on both sides of the fence, but out of the 300, those who disagree with the Tribunal are a minority. But that sampling is inherently biased, as it doesn't represent the full population, that of LoL players. I have a friend by the name of Murdok, who is not fond of the Tribunal. He's been banned repeatedly, and I'll admit that I've reported him on occasion. But he's started to reform, started to change for the better, as he realized his attitude was getting in the way of his considerable skill.

I don't really get your point, you say you want a "better Tribunal", but all I'm hearing is that you disagree with your ban and are trying to blame the process, not your behavior, for your suspension.

Sharajat

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Idiocy View Post
Konjiki, as a standard, the Tribunal is accepted by a majority of the League population, as many of us have been playing since its introduction and have seen the positive effect it has had on the game. Now, do I want a "better Tribunal", well yes I do. I think that the Tribunal will always need improvements and clarifications and algorithms to better serve its purpose: To remove "toxic" players and to reform those that are on the path to "toxicity".

As a rule, players tend to be friends with people they agree with, otherwise they wouldn't be friends with them. I can state I have friends on both sides of the fence, but out of the 300, those who disagree with the Tribunal are a minority. But that sampling is inherently biased, as it doesn't represent the full population, that of LoL players. I have a friend by the name of Murdok, who is not fond of the Tribunal. He's been banned repeatedly, and I'll admit that I've reported him on occasion. But he's started to reform, started to change for the better, as he realized his attitude was getting in the way of his considerable skill.

I don't really get your point, you say you want a "better Tribunal", but all I'm hearing is that you disagree with your ban and are trying to blame the process, not your behavior, for your suspension.
Your username is disturbingly appropriate here.

Fiora [All] [00:14:15] lol
Fiora [All] [00:14:19] dat mexican
Fiora [All] [00:19:51] stop ready!
Fiora [All] [00:22:53] ks

Within the first 15 lines I'd have hit punish.

This one's on a fast course for the perma.

Konjiki ikaros

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharajat View Post
Your username is disturbingly appropriate here.

Fiora [All] [00:14:15] lol
Fiora [All] [00:14:19] dat mexican
Fiora [All] [00:19:51] stop ready!
Fiora [All] [00:22:53] ks

Within the first 15 lines I'd have hit punish.

This one's on a fast course for the perma.
For ppl like him...put punish for nothing lawl.

But sharajat , i don't care with my ban , i just put him cuz ppl don't "believe" when o say that example , i don't come to put that and say "my unjust ban jesus christ!!" no , that wasnt my point. People who come and disturb this post , always cant understand what happened in the reality , but ppl who play and don't say anything have no banned reason , that make a bored and monotone game...