Im tired of high elo players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larrythetapist

01-03-2013

high elo players are not "lucky".
a lot of pro players actually lost most of their placement matches and has to laboriously grind back up to diamond over 100 games or so.

Larrythetapist

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verliswolf View Post
the past month is 2 days... january, bro
in the U.S. when people say the past month, they usually mean "approximately the last 30 days or so".

Hiroxo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Elo is standardized over many games. The chance of getting bad teammates is equal for both teams. Except if you are significantly better yourself. Then the enemy has 5slots and your team has 4.
I went 1-7 at beginning of season 3. But if you are significantly better than players at your level.just stomp your lane and play a lot. Watch your Elo grow. If you really do lose because of bad teammates then remember you might vs them which is a sure win if they really are that bad.

FIN Sawyer30

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlC Madman View Post
Well, just from your example, aight.

1) Your exact words were "I won my lane." Good for you. Well done, too bad the other lanes lost. Too bad you couldn't, well winning your lane, leave lane and go down to bot kill or force the enemy adc and support out of lane, alleviating some of the pressure on bot and helping them get back into the game, and maybe even pick up a kill yourself. Then head back to top, which you've been winning, and your opponent will likely now have caught up with you (because you were winning and they were behind)

2) No, if 4 people want you dead you are not dead. Or, at least not where it was worth getting you. These's these fancy little items called wards. And if you want to win and you are destroying people, you'd better expect the enemy to want you dead. So you'd better have these handy little items down in the river, and probably in the entrances to your jungle. NOW YOU CAN SEE 3-4 people coming to kill you and you can not be there! Or, you can now make it so that you trade 1-2 people for you. This was not a good trade for them. And then you TELL the other lanes, in no uncertain terms, TO PUSH. Get 2 kills and 1-2 turrets for the price of you and one turret.

High ELO players are not lucky. Wingsofdeath lost 4-6 of his placement matches when S3 hit and, guess what, he's Plat now. And you know what? He really didn't care he lost those games. He even said he didn't care. High ELO players have the KNOWLEDGE to consistently win until they are at the ELO they belong at and the SKILL to apply that knowledge.
The thing is though, that S3 ranking is kinda broken. In the 1st 10 matches, people who were high elo S2 go put back in High elo if they won majority of their games. I won the majority of my games i went 7-3 and I go put at 1490. I watched pro streams that did roughly the same and got put back up around 1800+. How is that fair?

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer30 View Post
The thing is though, that S3 ranking is kinda broken. In the 1st 10 matches, people who were high elo S2 go put back in High elo if they won majority of their games. I won the majority of my games i went 7-3 and I go put at 1490. I watched pro streams that did roughly the same and got put back up around 1800+. How is that fair?
What follows may be wholely inaccurate but ive been told that your previous seasons elo is factored into your season 3 elo when you start. So someone who was very high at the end of S2 wouldnt start at 1200.

As I said this is something I was told and have not sought any verification on but if youre interested perhaps you could look into it.