Revert athene's unholy grail?

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBringer7 View Post
Yes please, small change towards balance...I don't think it would help us much..

Black Cleaver too strong.
youre looking into the wrong direction. dont tell me you used to stack armor on your mage and its now a problem ad casters can penetrate that armor!

its not a problem that ad casters are viable mids now. thats a good thing, because the class deserved some buffs for a long time. they where in the same hole, some mages are stuck in now. the reasons, they are frequent in midlane now, is that they are viable champions lategame, while some mages are doing noticably less damage lategame. not because they became directly more powerful in lane than mages.

its the indirect nerf mages got with the cheaper ad and hp items, and the direct nerf with the ap reduction on deathcap. together with aura from bullwark.

its multiple factors that are working together against mages and not a single unrelated item, thats to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
Please...tell me who you could possibly want to buy it on?
since athenes sucks now, i mostly get it on lux for its cheap cdr and ap combination. it might also be good on some supports.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

The deathcap nerf is honestly one of the biggest problems...it requires every AP caster to build heavier AP items just to achieve the same amount of damage they used to, and now that athenes was nerfed, it basically makes it unviable because now they can't achieve the high AP they could before, and they fall off so fast because of it even at fed full build.

Noobgrenade

01-03-2013

Quote:
Please...tell me who you could possibly want to buy it on?
Bursters with AOE poke as their sole weapons post-burst. Considering the beef factor, many AoE bursters can't finish off their targets and, if there's an enemy team that's loaded full of heal, it gives you some utility after you've unloaded. Think Annie and sometimes Xerath. The CDR helps their ults and after you've unloaded it gives your poke some significance.
Depends entirely on the enemy team though. If they have a support 'raka and a mundo and I happen to be Xerath, expect me to have it due to cheap, CDR, and AP. Passive is icing, but it's not bad icing.
Items not being bought every game on every champ does not make them bad. Wish we had more situationally good items.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
The deathcap nerf is honestly one of the biggest problems...it requires every AP caster to build heavier AP items just to achieve the same amount of damage they used to, and now that athenes was nerfed, it basically makes it unviable because now they can't achieve the high AP they could before, and they fall off so fast because of it even at fed full build.
this man understands.

ap casters need a general increase on all their items to compensate for the loss on dcap. every item below 100 ap needs an increase of about 5 to 10 ap.

increasing athenes ap to 70 and morellos to 85 would be a start. i dont care if they get a little more expensive in return.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMelchorI View Post
this man understands.

ap casters need a general increase on all their items to compensate for the loss on dcap. every item below 100 ap needs an increase of about 5 to 10 ap.

increasing athenes ap to 70 and morellos to 85 would be a start. i dont care if they get a little more expensive in return.
This could be a good place to start, and then it would also make deathcap more worthwhile later on rather than rushing it.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

In all honesty, I'd like to see where AP carries and AD carries are on the same level, just their damage is dealt in different ways..and as of right now, AD carries have more expensive items at their disposal...
let's look at the most expensive items in the game at the moment:

Trinity Force: 4200, AD carries, AD casters, etc
Mercurial Scimitar: 3810, Ranged AD carries, melee AD carries
Infinity Edge: 3800, Ranged AD carries, melee AD carries
Ravenous Hydra: 3500, Melee AD carries, tanky AD DPS
Hextech gunblade: 3400, Hybrids
Iceborn Gauntlet: 3400, even with 40AP the sheen proc makes it used on AD carries (ezreal!!!)
Frozen Mallet: 3300, tanky AD DPS
Runic Bulwark: 3200, tanks, supports
Maw of Malmortius: 3200, tanky AD DPS
Rabadon's deathcap: 3200, AP carries

it isn't until the 10th most expensive item does the deathcap show up....is this really fair that AP carries can't have as much depth as AD carries when AD carries have 3 of the most expensive items in the game dedicated to them and the most expensive AP is down in 10th? (I know its tied with two other items but you get where I'm going with this..

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

bump

Krimson62

01-03-2013

what if athenes added mpen or mshred?

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
what if athenes added mpen or mshred?
lolno, that would not solve any problems..

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

bump

1234567 ... 12