"The Hobbit" and "League of Legends"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gentlemenshadow

01-03-2013

league needs some more magic grimdark

InertBlowfish

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I agree, that's one thing I've seen Riot do a lot, they're afraid of taking risks, so most of the time they take the easy road and just tweak human archetype one after the other, and only until they make a monster without fail after countless human releases, then will they feel confident enough to give it to us.

I for one am waiting for champions with more than just "voices"... I want a growl mixed in the voice-over, a Cerberus or a Warg would be perfect for that. A bird screech would be great too, even Anivia 'speaks'... A Gryphon/Griffon would be perfect for that, I even attached images of all these archetypes in my thread which I linked in the original post, and after almost 300 upvotes, in 7 months, not one red even bothered to post in it. Instead, my thread got moved to the Art & Audio Feedback, which is deserted, so for my thread to get any views and support, I have to link it in other threads.

But you're right, I doubt any red will come in here, the only ones great enough that will be willing to discuss with us are Xypherous and IronStylus, maybe even Meddler.
None of your archetypes fit in with the lore.

These champions come to summoner's rift to fight for things such as their faction (Garen) or the search for power (Karthus).

Why would they start adding random creatures?

If they add, say, a Warg. What is their explanation? Olaf's pet wolf came to league cause it wanted to fight for the frozen wastes?
No.
If they do that, then people like you complain about the lore.

There is no winning in this game with people like you.
It's a competitive battle ground, just roll with whatever they bring out and make suggestions that can actually fit in with the current direction and lore and maybe it will be considered.

Don't just complain that they aren't putting in more of what you want.

PS. Do you even read any of the lore?
Anivia is a God, why would she make petty bird noises?
A Cerberus lookalike might fit if it came from the void.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
None of your archetypes fit in with the lore.

These champions come to summoner's rift to fight for things such as their faction (Garen) or the search for power (Karthus).

Why would they start adding random creatures?

If they add, say, a Warg. What is their explanation? Olaf's pet wolf came to league cause it wanted to fight for the frozen wastes?
No.
If they do that, then people like you complain about the lore.

There is no winning in this game with people like you.
It's a competitive battle ground, just roll with whatever they bring out and make suggestions that can actually fit in with the current direction and lore and maybe it will be considered.

Don't just complain that they aren't putting in more of what you want.

PS. Do you even read any of the lore?
Anivia is a God, why would she make petty bird noises?
A Cerberus lookalike might fit if it came from the void.
Are you hearing yourself? Man, I'm getting sick of the forumers who come in a thread trying to use made-up logic just to disagree with someone...

The archetypes I suggested don't fit in with the lore? We've all suggested a spider-lady, we got it, we all suggested a mounted champion, we got it.

Why would they start adding random creatures? Hmm... Last time I checked, Rengar was pretty random, it's Tarzan's story in reverse, a lion cub raised by a human, who grows up to become a hunter, or how about Kha'Zix? A random alien that found a rift in the dimensions and came to Valoran to just devour ****... Must I add in more?

I'm getting tired of people like you, all you do is berate a thread with make-believe logics that only exist in your head, you then use groundless-statements such as "Champions come to summoner's rift to fight for things such as their faction"... Uhhhh, no... They don't. Brand fights in the league because he is forced to, and he's a spirit of nature... Wukong fights to be the best, not for his faction. Even Trundle, who first came to find a cure to his tribe's disease that he took and shoulders by himself is now fighting for no reason. Renekton is there to find and kill his brother, nothing about factions... I suggest you go read every champion's lore, and keep score of how many times you're right, and how many times you're wrong.

If they add a Warg, what's his explanation? Hmm, what is Kha'Zix's explanation? What is Malphite's? Malphite just got accidentally summoned from a foreign world completely... What about Renekton and Nasus? OH! OH! EVEN BETTER!~

HOW ABOUT VOLIBEAR! THERE'S A WHOLE TRIBE OF URSINE WARRIORS IN FRELJORD! What's his excuse for existing? Why did they create Volibear? According to his lore, he joined the Freljord's forces as the new ursine leader. You ask for an explanation for a Warg right? Well how about his pack in the Voodoo Lands was in danger from an evil entity and he came to the League to get stronger to one day return to his pack and defeat that danger? Nami did it, she left her people under the sea to get an orb to complete a ritual, and she's in the league, so you can't say that Warg story would be invalid.

Anivia is a god, ok, a dragon can be a god too. A Cerberus that has to come from the Void? That's stupid, that would defeat the purpose, the Cerberus is a hell-dog, a guardian of the underworld, why would you make him come from a place who's theme is alien and purple? If anything, a Cerberus should come from a passage way in the Fyrone Flats that link deep underground to a place that seems to look like hell, but isn't, maybe even something similar to the "Magma Chamber"...

If you don't know what the Fyrone Flats are, they're a wasteland with crevices and fissures that can easily be associated with an underground passage to something more fierce, such as hell or the underworld/land of the dead.

Attachment 586361

Honestly, you're very mismatched for this type of conversation, you're clearly unarmed and have no idea what is being discussed here. I suggest you go read up on lore, once you have, you can come back and we can actually talk like two civilized fans who only want to improve this game. Just as long as you don't come bashing this thread again.

Iriluun

01-03-2013

Yes, lets just shoehorn ourselves into an already incredibly saturated and overdone genre. Sounds much better than having the ability to make just about anything that seems interesting.

BarryDylan

01-03-2013

what seems like the OP is asking for is more non-human classic high fantasy characters things like trolls, demons, cerberus, balrog kinda things but I feel like we sould take op's advce and look at what we have first
Nami-mermaid
Maokai-treant
Alistar-minotaur
Anivia-pheonix
Brand-Fire demon thingy (looks human-ish because he is possessing a man)
cassio-medusa
cho-classic monstrous bug thing
Elise- spider lady
fiddlesticks scarcrow
fizz-fishman
galio-gargoyle
hecarim-centaur
karthus-lich
Kha' zix-bug doom predator
kog' maw-other gross void thingy
malph-golem
Nasus-egyptian god dog
nocturne-dream eater ghosty
ramms-armadillo
renekton-gator
rengar- lion man thingy
shyvana-half dragon
sion-undead zombie
skarner-scorpion doom bug
soraka-satyr
trundle-troll
warwick-werewolf
xerath-magical power contained
zyra-plant lady
I omitted the yordles which are really just runeterra's hobbits and "futuristic" champs that are also non human i did include some characters that are non-human because they are part animal even if they are not traditionally high fantasy characters if i went pure high fantasy i would be able to include all knights, wizards, rouges, and archers. If you look at the list it is actually pretty long about 30 which is a little less that a third of champs sure there are some archetypes that are missing but i feel like there is still a fair bit of variety in non-human non-metal non-futuristic champs.

InertBlowfish

01-03-2013

Quote:
Are you hearing yourself? Man, I'm getting sick of the forumers who come in a thread trying to use made-up logic just to disagree with someone...

The archetypes I suggested don't fit in with the lore? We've all suggested a spider-lady, we got it, we all suggested a mounted champion, we got it.

Why would they start adding random creatures? Hmm... Last time I checked, Rengar was pretty random, it's Tarzan's story in reverse, a lion cub raised by a human, who grows up to become a hunter, or how about Kha'Zix? A random alien that found a rift in the dimensions and came to Valoran to just devour ****... Must I add in more?

I'm getting tired of people like you, all you do is berate a thread with make-believe logics that only exist in your head, you then use groundless-statements such as "Champions come to summoner's rift to fight for things such as their faction"... Uhhhh, no... They don't. I suggest you go read every champion's lore, and keep score of how many times you're right, and how many times you're wrong.

If they add a Warg, what's his explanation? Hmm, what is Kha'Zix's explanation? What is Malphite's? Malphite just got accidentally summoned from a foreign world completely... What about Renekton and Nasus? OH! OH! EVEN BETTER!~

HOW ABOUT VOLIBEAR! THERE'S A WHOLE TRIBE OF URSINE WARRIORS IN FRELJORD! What's his excuse for existing? Why did they create Volibear? According to his lore, he joined the Freljord's forces as the new ursine leader. You ask for an explanation for a Warg right? Well how about his pack in the Voodoo Lands was in danger from an evil entity and he came to the League to get stronger to one day return to his pack and defeat that danger? Nami did it, she left her people under the sea to get an orb to complete a ritual, and she's in the league, so you can't say that Warg story would be invalid.

Anivia is a god, ok, a dragon can be a god too. A Cerberus that has to come from the Void? That's stupid, that would defeat the purpose, the Cerberus is a hell-dog, a guardian of the underworld, why would you make him come from a place who's theme is alien and purple? If anything, a Cerberus should come from a passage way in the Fyrone Flats that link deep underground to a place that seems to look like hell, but isn't, maybe even something similar to the "Magma Chamber"...

If you don't know what the Fyrone Flats are, they're a wasteland with crevices and fissures that can easily be associated with an underground passage to something more fierce, such as hell or the underworld/land of the dead.

Attachment 586361

Honestly, you're very mismatched for this type of conversation, you're clearly unarmed and have no idea what is being discussed here. I suggest you go read up on lore, once you have, you can come back and we can actually talk like two civilized fans who only want to improve this game. Just as long as you don't come bashing this thread again.
You talk about being civilised, but since the first page you have come back at people with your fanatic rage saying that everybody else is wrong whenever they use an argument of their own.

Clearly your feelings on the subject outweigh any kind of logical thought, so I'm gonna leave the conversation here.

Have fun kids.

HoneyBadgerNZ

01-03-2013

Quote:

I'm getting tired of people like you, all you do is berate a thread with make-believe logics that only exist in your head, you then use groundless-statements such as "Champions come to summoner's rift to fight for things such as their faction"... Uhhhh, no... They don't. Brand fights in the league because he is forced to, and he's a spirit of nature... Wukong fights to be the best, not for his faction. Even Trundle, who first came to find a cure to his tribe's disease that he took and shoulders by himself is now fighting for no reason. Renekton is there to find and kill his brother, nothing about factions... I suggest you go read every champion's lore, and keep score of how many times you're right, and how many times you're wrong.

Attachment 586361

Although I agree with some of your points, please don't let your frustrations come out heatedly. This should be a discussion, not a verbal punch-up.

CannabisCorpse

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinofminos View Post
Why does this game have to remain firmly entrenched in the realm of high Tolkien-esque fantasy? You can go play the Guardians of Middle Earth game if that's all you want in a MOBA. Riot is doing fine with working in a sensible fantasy space that isn't slavishly attached to "tradition".
Aside from more unique concepts like Amumu, and Heimerdinger, the rest of champion ideas are pretty generic. Most of them are just hot girls with nice ****. Elise was pretty awesome too. Would be pretty awesome if we had someone like Pride from FMA Brotherhood (those eyes and teeth-even more terrifying than nocturne).

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
You talk about being civilised, but since the first page you have come back at people with your fanatic rage saying that everybody else is wrong whenever they use an argument of their own.

Clearly your feelings on the subject outweigh any kind of logical thought, so I'm gonna leave the conversation here.

Have fun kids.
That's because ever since I created this thread, I've had two types of forumers:

Those who agree and enjoy discussion, they submit opinions and share their thoughts, even when disagreeing.

And then there are those, like you, who just come in a thread to criticize how bad it is and then bash it by ridiculing the idea.

Read some of the previous replies, you'll see why I'm so tense. All I wanted was discussion, and the first 3 replies were people blatantly disagreeing without any sense of discussion, they just thought that Tolkien characters were not needed in League and that the idea was dumb because it doesn't fit. Then you come along and say that there is no winning with people like me? That we'd then complain about lore and that I'm just complaining about what I want them to add in the league?

Maybe you should read the post again with a neutral and unbiased attitude, you'll see that all I'm doing is making conversation and talking about what can be added to the league, you're the one being toxic and just shooting the idea into the ground for whatever reason you have.

Nice touch, leaving while adding "kids" in there. You clearly are too mature, please, honor us with your departure.

Celebi

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerNZ View Post
Although I agree with some of your points, please don't let your frustrations come out heatedly. This should be a discussion, not a verbal punch-up.
I agree... I let my emotions get out of control, it's just that most of the time, when I start a thread, I get these randomly angry forumers who reply to threads in the blink of an eye to say nothing, nothing constructive, nothing worth saying.

I was just fed up seeing as his reply was probably the 10th negative one...