Revert athene's unholy grail?

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphazonex

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCotton01 View Post
morrelos is seceretly op now, 20% cdr , cheap as, and healing debuff permanently
Except you only get to use the debuff when they're at like...less than half hp was it? That is horrible. Its too LATE for the debuff to happen. You wanted to use the debuff on the Swain, Mundo, Irelia, ect ect IMMEDIATELY. Good luck getting them down to half HP through all their lifesteal, spellvamp,regen, tank stats, ect.

xGary

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterRanger View Post
Eh, idk if this will solve anything. Athenes is an ap item to help during laning phase and countering ap damage. That helps them a lot against other mages, but not a whole lot against bruisers or AD casters, which seems to be where the problem lies.

Now, I would agree that Athenes seems weak right now, but I think AP carries would be better off in the current meta if there were buffs to items like Zhonyas, Rylais, or Rod of Ages. (since hp seems to be the best counter to BC now)
Not having to worry about mana (like most AD mids) can help you out poke AD mids esp when most of them are melee. Rushing unconventional items like Zhonyas/Rylais just to counter the AD mid will just hurt AP carries after laning phase ends.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterRanger View Post
Eh, idk if this will solve anything. Athenes is an ap item to help during laning phase and countering ap damage. That helps them a lot against other mages, but not a whole lot against bruisers or AD casters, which seems to be where the problem lies.

Now, I would agree that Athenes seems weak right now, but I think AP carries would be better off in the current meta if there were buffs to items like Zhonyas, Rylais, or Rod of Ages. (since hp seems to be the best counter to BC now)
Why would rod of ages zhonyas and rylais need buffing??

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

bump

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

bump

Noobgrenade

01-03-2013

I don't think Morello's blows universally (I like it on a couple of champs depending on enemy), but I quite agree Athene's needs some love.

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

being the 3rd item with the highest amount of ap (90 ap) before was way too high, there was no reason to build roa anymore because that was all the mana sustain you need with 10 more ap and mr to fight the enemy ap mid

with that being said, i do agree they overnerf the ap portion, if it was 75-80 ap, it would have been fine

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

disregard athenes, aquire morellos/dfg + chalice.

sell chalice later. thats the way to go at the moment. the item is pretty horrible with that 30 ap loss. after the deathcap nerf you need to compensate with bigger ap items than athenes.

imo, deathcap doesnt need to be buffed again. i like that is cheaper now and youre not forced to rush it. but the ap, mages lost with the deathcap nerf, needs to be distributed over the other items.

DeathBringer7

01-03-2013

Yes please, small change towards balance...I don't think it would help us much..

Black Cleaver too strong.

Pianoman7117

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobgrenade View Post
I don't think Morello's blows universally (I like it on a couple of champs depending on enemy), but I quite agree Athene's needs some love.
Please...tell me who you could possibly want to buy it on?

123456 ... 12