WHY I DONT Play Dominion (As Much As I Might)

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Ex:


Quote:
Searching For Match
Approx: 01:21
Actual: 08:39
Yeah. That's horrible and it's generally consistent PLUS..........you always get that 1 guy (sometimes 2 and once 4) who dont respond and cause you to be put back in que.....and it always happens about 4-5 times in a row before things finally get started.

And dominion matches are SHORTER than Rift.

This is why I play more on rift than dominion. Dominion is shorter and involves much more waiting. The shortness of matches could be a positive thing if you have less time, if you didnt spend a 1/3rd of that time in limbo waiting in queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zuko Prince

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspitter View Post
Ex:




Yeah. That's horrible and it's generally consistent PLUS..........you always get that 1 guy (sometimes 2 and once 4) who dont respond and cause you to be put back in que.....and it always happens about 4-5 times in a row before things finally get started.

And dominion matches are SHORTER than Rift.

This is why I play more on rift than dominion. Dominion is shorter and involves much more waiting. The shortness of matches could be a positive thing if you have less time, if you didnt spend a 1/3rd of that time in limbo waiting in queue.


my wait times are rarely over 1.5 minutes, are you either really bad or really good? Maybe riot is trying to find people as horrible or good as you are to match up with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gwakcha

Junior Member

01-03-2013

Approx: 1:04
Actual: 15:00 and counting.
It could be that high elo is killing some peoples queue times, but since they killed jabebots ability to see elo, we will never know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwakcha View Post
Approx: 1:04
Actual: 15:00 and counting.
It could be that high elo is killing some peoples queue times, but since they killed jabebots ability to see elo, we will never know.
Cant you use something else?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gwakcha

Junior Member

01-03-2013

Riot has hidden our dominion elo, not sure why. it was the only way we had to measure our progress.

In other news... I am still having the same queue issue now, another 15 minute wait when it quotes me at 1-1.5 minutes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2013

you probably are queing for draft, i tell you man when we could se eour ELo Dodgers killed draft waiting half an hour just for a Moron to dodge because he didn't like a slight thing on the team wasn't exactly fun eventually everyone moved to blind pick which was considerably more populated than draft and IS now more populated than draft, reducing their queue times exponentially, some dodgers don't play anymore because with the massive influx from draft to blind the queue times plus the dodges got higher, from 1 to 4 hours and tihngs like that, moral of the story, don't dodge and don't play draft i think there are still some dodgers lurking there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

01-03-2013

If he were queueing for draft the expected time wouldn't be 1 minute


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Digikid13

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
If he were queueing for draft the expected time wouldn't be 1 minute
Maybe around the initial elo....I doubt it's that low even there though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smXho

Senior Member

01-03-2013

maybe EUW or in the morning when no one else is awake?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2013

There's a vicious cycle here: people don't play Dom because the queue times are too high, and the queue times are high because people don't play Dom.


12