Sona....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conexion

10-07-2010

Janna > Sona

(I love them both though!)

Necks

10-07-2010

We need to have more support champions like Sona. Not that Swain bullsh'it. Champions like Sona help the game evolve by making more team strategies viable on a competitive level.

iOzworth

10-07-2010

I play Sona, and I don't find her as OP as you are trying to describe her as. A solo Sona is a dead Sona, the best she can do is disrupt with her ultimate and run away with Celerity Song in a solo situation.

Otherwise, her damage potential is pretty bad since she has such slow burst. The best i'm capable of as a "support" Sona(which is what I specifically play as), is get killshots, and that's pretty much it. Although, I may not be as aware of how well a full-blown AP Sona can perform, I doubt it's comparable to other AP-using DPS'ers... (<--Edited in good taste!)

She's definitely best played as a buffer, healer, and disruptor, from what I can tell.

Cenerae

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokuWizard View Post
I play Sona, and I don't find her as OP as you are trying to describe her as. A solo Sona is a dead Sona, the best she can do is disrupt with her ultimate and run away with Celerity Song in a solo situation.

Otherwise, her damage potential is pretty bad since she has such slow burst. The best i'm capable of as a "support" Sona(which is what I specifically play as), is get killshots, and that's pretty much it. Although, I may not be as aware of how well a full-blown AP Sona can perform, I doubt it's comparable to an actual DPS mage...

She's definitely best played as a buffer, healer, and disruptor, from what I can tell.
AP Sona is definately not comparable to a DPS mage. The only real reason to stack AP is to buff her otherwise pretty feeble healing, but I've found that aura and tank item stacking is better since you don't go squish quite so fast as an AP built Sona does. And AP Sona goes squish *very* quickly, I assure you.

MASE STUN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaTheMighty View Post
We need to not have anymore heroes like Sona. She has become S tier. People can say "she is squishy". But everyone that has played a good team comp with sona in it knows better. She promotes absolutely boring gameplay. Look at my team a master yi ultimate movespeed heroes. Oh and my aoe heal on a 4 second cooldown. oh and my nuke on a 4 second cooldown. oh and my aoe ultimate that makes it even harder to do anything to us.
she doesnt heal for that much, she doesnt nuke for that much, and she can't control who she heals/nukes. and she isnt even close to s tier.

Quote:
Sona is a lame character design.
idk the auras are pretty unique

Quote:
Riot really needs to focus on making characters that have niches. Not characters that can do everything. They have been making these super saiyan champs back to back. Champs are suppose to have specific roles, not every roll rapped up into one champion.
off the top of my head, "rolls" that sona does not fill: burst nuker, burst healer, dps, tank, jungle

Quote:
I thin she needs major toning down. One thing is her nuke range. god forbid she has normal spell range. lets shorten that up abit.
god forbid you play against an ashe. her range may be above average but it's only slightly so, and no where near the top.

Quote:
Her heal. I think she should have good heals, but with all her massive utility, she needs to not have the best heal.
she doesnt even heal for as much as taric, and his heal does the same thing but can also target who he wants (including himself).

Quote:
Movespeed song is absolutely OP. that needs a massive nerf or remake. Right now it is out of control. No reason an entire team should move the same speed as all the movespeed enhancing ultimates of other heroes like yi,sivir,eve and be 100% spammable and a non-ultimate.
it's nowhere close to yee or sivir or eve speed

Quote:
Her ultimate is just fine. But its OP. The reason why it is OP is because of all her other abilities. This is where alot of people don't understand balance.
wut.

Quote:
A specific move might not be considered OP but when in combination with all the moves of the character, a move can quickly become over the top.

I truely believe that riot is losing focus on balance. There are too many shotgun champions in this game. Champions that fill 3 or more rolls on a team. That should never be the case. EVER. The only way you can balance a 5v5 fight is by not having shotgun heroes.
whats wrong with having versatile heros instead of bland single "roll" heros?
and since you seem to love dota so much, off the top of my head: yunero (heal/dps/jungle), cm (nuke/support), sp (nuke/carry/heal), etc etc

Quote:
Here are some examples.

Ranged or melee carries rape healers.

carry > healer

Disabler > carry

Tank > carry

Burst > buffer

Healer > burst

Now lets look at the healers in this game.
that's really screwed up dude

Quote:
The two OP healers in this game currently are Taric and Sona

The worst healer is Soraka. She needs major buffs and i'll explain why later.
soraka heals for more than the other two combined

Quote:
First things first. A list of rolls for each character.

Sona
-haste buffer, aoe healer, ranged nuker, aoe disabler, non- existant cooldowns.
i was unaware nonexistant cooldowns was a role.

Quote:
we said carries destroy healers and buffers but when they have disables and super movespeed. It becomes a real hastle.
god forbid you have to work for your kills. i mean, if it's a hassle to kill someone then they are clearly op.

Quote:
Taric.
-tanky, buffer, stunner, big healer, passive regens, short cooldowns.
passive regens is a role? man i musta been out of the loop for a really long time now

Quote:
Well i gues carries cant deal with this healer either. he is too beefy, heals are also extremely large, he can stun and aoe nuke, and he buffs his team with attack damage.
he can't 1v1 any carry.
althoughl, judging from your other statements you wanna have carries counter them by them not actually being able to help their team and just autoattack the carry and heal themselves, which is really screwed up.

Quote:
Shotgun champions that fill too many rolls and have no true counter except gimmick items you have to spend gold on that wont help you much in a 5v5 fight.
god forbid you have to spend that gold...i can just see silas marner turning in his grave right now

Quote:
Now soraka.
-Heals, debuff, short silence(single target)
Wow. everything rapes soraka. Soraka cant survive anything if she is by herself. Her heals were meant for other while she dances in the background. This is what a healer hero is suppose to be. Damage dealers should absolutely destroy them if they are out in the open. She needs buffs on her healig power. Right now it is extremely subpar.
soraka is the only burst healer in the game. she can give mana to her lane partner so they can spam. she has a gloabal heal. her silence costs NOTHING and does good damage (and 3 seconds is by no means short). mana resist removal isnt bad either.

although they did nerf her numbers a little too hard, your points are all totally off-target.

Quote:
Shotgun heroes ruin the game. Stop making shotgun heroes.
idiots like you ruin the game. stop being stupid and learn to play

Quote:
another cross argument.

Shotgun hero X. Mundo

Mundo is tanky, carry, haste, debuff resistant, steroid abilities, self healer, and anti-tank.

Why bring any other melee carry over mundo? The only one i can think of that even comes close is Xin.

Yi is outclassed. Mundo runs just as fast and is way stronger in team fights or 1on1 vs any enemy.

tryn is outclassed cause he has no counter to cc.

Panth he no escapes and is basically a suicidal damage dealer.

Warwick gets gibbed too ez.

All of these characters rely entirely on bloodrazor to even think about hurting a tank. Not mundo though. Mundo kills who he pleases.

Shotgun heroes is the reason there is a tier list. Every tier list is made becased on how many roll a hero hs shotgunned into them.
mundo is overpowered? from you b*tching about sona, i can assume that you play summoner's rift. if you think mundo is anywhere near as good competitively on SR as the other heros you listed (except tryn) then you are flat out ******ed.

Coxxy

10-07-2010

Qweqweqweqweqwe

Revenith

10-07-2010

mundo goes where he pleases! but in seriousness mundo is a tank (or beefy dps) not a melee dps carry theres a HUUUUGE difference

mainly Mundo carries u, u dont carry mundo

Spellsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
We need to have more support champions like Sona. Not that Swain bullsh'it. Champions like Sona help the game evolve by making more team strategies viable on a competitive level.
lol this is so dumb.

yea we need more forced synergy and forced team roles down our throats so we dont have to come up with any strategies ourself, that way there is no way for improvisation, there is only cookie cutter, and we can all live in harmony knowing we dont have to have any thought going into team picks, rather just pick one healer, one tank, one physical dps, one magical dps, and one utility!

yea lets evolve the game guys! steer into the direction of forced team roles and clueless sheep that need to be told what their hero does!

MASE STUN

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe View Post
I dont mind champs having multiple roles (I for one dont cry about Vlad or Garen) but as long as they have a middle ground between those roles. Sona has by far the best support abilities in the game, so therefore her ability to out solomid almost anyone, and to carry if the player chooses to stack AP, is just overkill and makes her imba to me.

Honestly just small tweaks are needed
- Her mana costs are too low early game, Udyr gets destroyed by em, lets her stance dance too much
- Range on Q MUST be lowered. My god if I could change one thing about this game it would be to remove the "bounce" and "hits nearest X" enemes. The randomness frustrates either the player or the opponent everytime due to the outcome.
- Damage on passive needs to get nerfed, its doing double damage auto attacks at level 3 which is ridiculous.
her mana costs are the same as udyr (albeit going in the opposite direction) and she cant hit stuff to get more mana. actually at max level udyr's stuff costs less than sona's lvl 1 stuff.
it's not random. it's the two closest enemy heros, and if there are less than two enemy heros then each extra beam hits a creep or nothing at all.
it's once every three spell casts dude. kennen's w does just about as much and it takes much less time to ramp up.

iOzworth

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
AP Sona is definately not comparable to a DPS mage. The only real reason to stack AP is to buff her otherwise pretty feeble healing, but I've found that aura and tank item stacking is better since you don't go squish quite so fast as an AP built Sona does. And AP Sona goes squish *very* quickly, I assure you.
Absolutely agree. Even then, a solo Sona is usually a free kill in most situations.