Would you enjoy this solo queue modification?

Yes 158 77.45%
No 46 22.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Possible idea for making solo queue less stressful!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shesocold

12-30-2012

FlyingFortress it's no guarantee that you will have 1 of every meta role it would just increase the chances of having more multi-role players on each team. While still giving single roles a better chance at finding their role. And for anyone else reading this because someone won't read. The names for choices of preferred roles are examples that people recognize and could be whatever Riot wanted them to be.

EnvisageX

01-02-2013

bump

ShodaNs

01-02-2013

But then people wouldn't learn all the roles sufficiently (which is important for competitive players) and you would also feel forced into playing specific roles. Not to mention I imagine qeue times would sky rocket as everyone wants to play a carry.

The 1011

01-02-2013

Ok here is My idea I have been Trying to get it out there because the picking wars are getting old.

When you start out playing a team game in school usually there is 2 captains and they choose who is on their team. First you choose in your profile who you play and where you main position you have 5 champions and your secondaries you get up to 2-3 and the option to not play certain lanes like bot mid or jungle.
Then next concept except at the start of the banning process you would see what everyone likes to play, and ban from there then the picking process would be the same from there except the captain would pick who is on their team maybe the captain would pick someone that is willing to plays as a support, over someone that only plays top and mid.
If only certain people have certain champions in their profile how will that change the bans or even the meta? The captain would have more risk and more rewards from winning and also more penalty from losing compared to the non-captains.

Shesocold

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersBoxerFan View Post
But then people wouldn't learn all the roles sufficiently (which is important for competitive players) and you would also feel forced into playing specific roles. Not to mention I imagine qeue times would sky rocket as everyone wants to play a carry.
Please read the Edits. A decently high level minimum would force early players to be introduced to League as it runs now. Preferring a role with the system does not guarantee you said role. And lastly the queue times would not grow by much more than several seconds since it would match based on the players provided like in the example which you didn't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1011 View Post
Ok here is My idea I have been Trying to get it out there because the picking wars are getting old.

When you start out playing a team game in school usually there is 2 captains and they choose who is on their team. First you choose in your profile who you play and where you main position you have 5 champions and your secondaries you get up to 2-3 and the option to not play certain lanes like bot mid or jungle.
Then next concept except at the start of the banning process you would see what everyone likes to play, and ban from there then the picking process would be the same from there except the captain would pick who is on their team maybe the captain would pick someone that is willing to plays as a support, over someone that only plays top and mid.
If only certain people have certain champions in their profile how will that change the bans or even the meta? The captain would have more risk and more rewards from winning and also more penalty from losing compared to the non-captains.
This sounds a lot like draft pick but without using chat or encouraging communication for roles.

Shesocold

01-04-2013

Bump

Shesocold

01-06-2013

Bumpitty Bump Bump

Shesocold

01-08-2013

Bump

GabeNewe11

01-08-2013

I really like this idea, although I'm not in ranked yet, but honestly from what you told me and some of my other friends solo queue can be a real pain as of now and this looks like it will improve the system quite a bit. Also if the system is optional, then I can see no reason to not include it as it's just a benefit to the system. Hope Riot looks into this.

Shesocold

01-09-2013

Bump

And yeah Gabe hopefully Riot does take a look at this. Even if they don't like it I can always try to improve the design of it and see if it meets their standards later.