Lifeguard Renekton

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Currently working on my first Sculpey figure ever, sadly underestimate the importance of the base wire skeleton (I made some limbs way too short and never constructed a proper base) so the sculpture have some weak spot that I hope don't affect the model too much when I put it in the oven (when the figure is finished of course).

Excuse the crappy cellphone camera.

Edit1: Updated with baked figure images (this time with a better camera).

Edit2: To avoid misconceptions here is the original Lifeguard Renekton from where I toke inspiration http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...guard+renekton

afhobbs

01-01-2013

Must have this skin bump bump bumppp!!

TheDarkenedChild

01-02-2013

How did you make it? What materials? It looks amazing.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkenedChild View Post
How did you make it? What materials? It looks amazing.
Its done in Culpey III and a regular wire as a base skeleton, currently Baking it as I post this, (hope it works, i would be very sad if my first Culpey figure fail).

Vulking

01-02-2013

- Updated with baked figure images on the first post.
- Some lessons learned:
--- Next time think more carefully the wire skeleton proportions.
--- On dynamic poses make sure that 1 legs at the end turn into a wire base to avoid issues with the model weight or make a separated base and glue it later (instead of making everything in one figure).
--- Make sure next time the accessories (lifeguard float) fit correctly (currently it will not fit unless pushed which have a high risk of breaking the hand).

Anyway, what do you think? is it looking good? can someone give me advice in how to painting it? while I was confident in my modeling skills, my painting skill are quite lackluster.

Boss of Kittens

Concept/Splash Artist

01-02-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a good. The execution; I really like the pose and the work that went into it, this is definitely Renekton one of my favorite champs. The Idea is kinda cool too

Snailygoat

01-02-2013

Riot pls.

Will be the best Renekton skin of all time.

Vulking

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldburger View Post
This is a good. The execution; I really like the pose and the work that went into it, this is definitely Renekton one of my favorite champs. The Idea is kinda cool too
Hey a red post

Glad people like it, I'm a bit worried about the paint since I have no experience painting outside of some very VERY crappy Gundam kits that I did years ago, I hope I don't screw up too much, with some luck it will look decent enough

Gonna update with more pictures when I start painting it (need to buy the paints and all that stuff first and do some painting technique research)

Mirana Arashi

01-02-2013

I thought you took it from the Pool Party Ziggs skin , cause you can see a Lifeguard Renekton there.

Proof : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zXWbmCGcae...s_Splash_3.jpg

Vulking

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana Arashi View Post
I thought you took it from the Pool Party Ziggs skin , cause you can see a Lifeguard Renekton there.

Proof : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zXWbmCGcae...s_Splash_3.jpg
Lifeguard Renekton is older than that http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...guard+renekton