[ATTENTION] Iceborn Gauntlet & Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

416 Pepperoni

01-01-2013

I believe this item needs to be reworked because it is overpowered... The passives CD is shorter (2 seconds) than the slow itself (3 seconds) and the AOE radius is quite large... The stats it gives are unbelievably well rounded and the synergy it has with champions that have long range on-hit abilities that proc the passive (namely Ezreal) is just plain OP.

There is no other item in League of Legends (yes I did some research) that in all of the games its' been used in has been purchased almost SOLELY by one champion (Ezreal). In all of the games that IBG has been purchased, 41% has been by Ez, with the number 2 buyer being Nidalee at 8% (ratio of over 5:1 between number 1 and 2....) To add to this point, if you add together the remaining 9 of the top 10 buyers % rate of IBG you only get 35% which is still lower than Ezreals buy rate..... This item is almost solely being utilized in a beneficial manner by Ezreal, which is already by far the most popular champion in the game. It is not only hurting other adc's popularity but also sets ezreal even further apart from other adc's. It also has the highest win rate out of all the items built on Ezreal. Noticing any correlation?

To further my argument let's take a look at Rylai's scepter, which has no viability on adc ezreal. Ezreal's Mystic shot DOES NOT proc Rylai's passive (which is a 35% SINGLE TARGET slow and 15% for multi target for 1.5 SECONDS) yet it procs IBG and applies a 35% slow in a large AOE (which might as well be multi target) radius for 3 seconds while dealing %125 of ad? I don't understand how this even makes sense , not only is the slow twice as long, it's twice as efficient if others are caught within the radius as they are still slowed for the entire 3 seconds, on top of doing 125% damage to them with a 2 second cooldown.. With the CD of a maxed mystic shot being only 4 seconds, accompanied with the CDR provided by the IBG and passive on Mystic shot (lowering CD by 1 second) Ezreal can use mystic shot every 2 seconds which is conveniently the CD on IBG....

Now, I have a few proposed solutions to this problem.

1) Make it so mystic shot does not proc IBG passive
2) Make it so that the target hit is slowed by 30% and the AOE slow 15%
3) Get rid of the AOE altogether and basically just make it a sheen proc with a slow...
4) Increase the CD of the passive
5) Get rid of the item.
6) Do nothing at all and ignore the facts... (not the fair option, yet most likely the way it will turn out.)

@ RIOT

Also I'd like to hear the communities UNBIASED feedback.

Cheers.

bad draven

01-02-2013

If you remove the AOE, there's literally no point to getting it anymore
Mystic shot procs on-hit effects, there's no way around that

And remove it all together? I buy it all the time on bruisers who I don't want to have the useless attack speed but still want sheen procs for. Without it I'm stuck buying triforce which is super expensive and gives me stats I don't want.

Peligrad

01-02-2013

I hate it when EZ builds this item when he is on my team...

Having your ADC put thousands of gold towards defensive stats is stupid and makes him ineffective.

Any Ez building one prior to the late game is a complete idiot if you ask me.

I don't see anything wrong with the gauntlets. They're great on Nid, Ali, Blitz, and a few other tanky APs with spammable abilities.

As far as getting on Ez goes, its situational at best. If you need armor for whatever reason, its ok to get...but its not this OMG OP super item on him by any means...

3mptylord

01-02-2013

They're reducing the slow strength on ranged attacks, supposedly.

TealNinje

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
I hate it when EZ builds this item when he is on my team...

Having your ADC put thousands of gold towards defensive stats is stupid and makes him ineffective.

Any Ez building one prior to the late game is a complete idiot if you ask me.

I don't see anything wrong with the gauntlets. They're great on Nid, Ali, Blitz, and a few other tanky APs with spammable abilities.

As far as getting on Ez goes, its situational at best. If you need armor for whatever reason, its ok to get...but its not this OMG OP super item on him by any means...
Builds from Sheen, which used to be the #1 priority item for him (and really hasn't stopped being extremely effective). As a bonus, it provides a bigger mana pool, extremely efficient CDR (which also increases his DPS in fights by about 15%), bonus armor (which means that traditional junglers and the enemy ranged AD deal less damage to him), and a ridiculously overpowered slow (which means that most enemy ranged AD's, once they get into an engagement against Ezreal, are stuck in said engagement, without actually being able to fight back.) It guarantees safe farming, and after you get Ionian Boots of Lucidity, your Arcane Shift has a 3 second cooldown.

TekkShell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

IBG was made to replace unneeded item choices for tank/fighters that needed the extra damage and armor, as well as mana and ability power. Leona, Volibear, Cho'Gath, Rammus, Amumu and Alistar all benefit greatly from it, just because one ADC happens to use it doesn't mean they'll change it. Abuse of one item by a single champion isn't going to change anything, the only exception to that was Pantheon with the new setup for Black Cleaver. All that aside IBG isn't that great alone and will loose favor to other items. And why hasn't any complained about people using IBG on WuKong, Jax, Akali, Master Yi, Irelia or Evelynn?

Vuther

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truloc View Post
IBG was made to replace unneeded item choices for tank/fighters that needed the extra damage and armor, as well as mana and ability power. Leona, Volibear, Cho'Gath, Rammus, Amumu and Alistar all benefit greatly from it, just because one ADC happens to use it doesn't mean they'll change it. Abuse of one item by a single champion isn't going to change anything, the only exception to that was Pantheon with the new setup for Black Cleaver. All that aside IBG isn't that great alone and will loose favor to other items. And why hasn't any complained about people using IBG on WuKong, Jax, Akali, Master Yi, Irelia or Evelynn?
Doesn't work on ranged attacks anymore/is a melee-only item.

There, they've changed it from the abuse of one champion.

IonDragonX

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
They're reducing the slow strength on ranged attacks, supposedly.
This is true on the Beta server

TekkShell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Doesn't work on ranged attacks anymore/is a melee-only item.

There, they've changed it from the abuse of one champion.
They changed it on the Beta server so the slow is less but Mystic Shot still procs it lol

Vuther

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truloc View Post
They changed it on the Beta server so the slow is less but Mystic Shot still procs it lol
Yeeeeeeep.

See, they totally can.