Phoenix Sun [An Ahri Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSaitohx

01-01-2013

I'm new in these circles, but oh my god man you are without a doubt the best writer I've ever seen on this forum! Keep it up I was thoroughly addicted to Dragon Rising and this one's coming along amazingly too. This last chapter was so beautiful I went out and bought Pantheon without even playing him first! Fortunately I already own Yi and Ahri XD I'm curious as to the story that made you like Panth so much, you mentioned it a while back but I can't find the link.

W4ddleBuff

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
It's my baby my best work. Phoenix Sun, unfortunately, hasn't lived up to the hype.

Maybe I should have made Mordekaiser the main villian...
Hasn't lived up to the hype? Bro, your story has 15k views already on the forums, plus you still have a legion of fans waiting on your every word. All your reviews and feedback are actually comprehensible and your fanbase consists of mostly people who actually read and critique your work honestly.

I would give an arm and a leg just to have the "hype" that you have right now. What kind of hype do you want? I apologize, but I'm just surprised to hear from the mighty MiaoLong that you think your story isn't living up to the hype.

Psychromaniac

01-02-2013

Wait a second...

Lee Sin..."saw" Pantheon's eyes?

You mean that he felt them bore into his soul or that he, like, actually saw them?

MiaoLong

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4ddleBuff View Post
Hasn't lived up to the hype? Bro, your story has 15k views already on the forums, plus you still have a legion of fans waiting on your every word. All your reviews and feedback are actually comprehensible and your fanbase consists of mostly people who actually read and critique your work honestly.

I would give an arm and a leg just to have the "hype" that you have right now. What kind of hype do you want? I apologize, but I'm just surprised to hear from the mighty MiaoLong that you think your story isn't living up to the hype.
Oh... I'm sorry. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't make it this far without the support of the people who enjoy what I write. In fact, I nearly crashed and burned out in the middle of my semester.

But that's the thing-- with Dragon Rising, this entire place could have erupted in how much they hated what I wrote, and I would still shove it down their throats. Dragon Rising was more like... a work of love. But things are markedly different for me in writing Phoenix Sun. I kinda have to force chapters out of myself, whereas before you couldn't stop me from writing if you wanted me to.

Basically, I lost that drive, and I feel that reflects in the quality of the work I put out, which is something that's hard for me to take.

Now, don't sell you or your fans short here. You've got that 400+ post thread of nothing but people who love your work enough to bring it that far. Even if you feel the critque on your work is incomprehensible, the enjoyment people get out of reading what you do is not. The "Mighty Miaolong" made me laugh a bit, mostly because feel I'm far from the best; although yes, I do know many people say I'm good at writing, but I know there are people here better at me in writing (Larcent) so I realize I have plenty room to improve.

That's a lot of what frustrates me. I can improve, but Phoenix Sun for me feels like a step back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaitohx View Post
I'm new in these circles, but oh my god man you are without a doubt the best writer I've ever seen on this forum! Keep it up I was thoroughly addicted to Dragon Rising and this one's coming along amazingly too. This last chapter was so beautiful I went out and bought Pantheon without even playing him first! Fortunately I already own Yi and Ahri XD I'm curious as to the story that made you like Panth so much, you mentioned it a while back but I can't find the link.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2518771

Here you go. And Pantheon's a damn good buy-- just don't play him toplane like all the other geniuses, Mantheon is throughly a man's AD midlane. He ****s on those girly mages with their skinny arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychromaniac View Post
Wait a second...

Lee Sin..."saw" Pantheon's eyes?

You mean that he felt them bore into his soul or that he, like, actually saw them?
Lee Sin has daredevil hearing. He uses echolocation to construct a visual map of his surroundings and then converts that information into visual data.
Like a bat.

But yeah, I probably screwed up there. :P

Valinthronix

01-03-2013

Quote:
Oh... I'm sorry. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't make it this far without the support of the people who enjoy what I write. In fact, I nearly crashed and burned out in the middle of my semester.

But that's the thing-- with Dragon Rising, this entire place could have erupted in how much they hated what I wrote, and I would still shove it down their throats. Dragon Rising was more like... a work of love. But things are markedly different for me in writing Phoenix Sun. I kinda have to force chapters out of myself, whereas before you couldn't stop me from writing if you wanted me to.

Basically, I lost that drive, and I feel that reflects in the quality of the work I put out, which is something that's hard for me to take.

Now, don't sell you or your fans short here. You've got that 400+ post thread of nothing but people who love your work enough to bring it that far. Even if you feel the critque on your work is incomprehensible, the enjoyment people get out of reading what you do is not. The "Mighty Miaolong" made me laugh a bit, mostly because feel I'm far from the best; although yes, I do know many people say I'm good at writing, but I know there are people here better at me in writing (Larcent) so I realize I have plenty room to improve.

That's a lot of what frustrates me. I can improve, but Phoenix Sun for me feels like a step back.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2518771

Here you go. And Pantheon's a damn good buy-- just don't play him toplane like all the other geniuses, Mantheon is throughly a man's AD midlane. He ****s on those girly mages with their skinny arms.

Lee Sin has daredevil hearing. He uses echolocation to construct a visual map of his surroundings and then converts that information into visual data.
Like a bat.

But yeah, I probably screwed up there. :P
Miao, it doesn't reflect that much. Pheonix Sun is still a great novel, regardlesss of how hard it is to write.

MiaoLong

01-03-2013

I'm glad you guys like it. I just hope I can bring out something even better than Phoenix Sun or Dragon Rising next time.

W4ddleBuff

01-03-2013

Quote:

Ah...well I completely understand how you feel now. My writing is actually going in the reverse order of the process you just mentioned. lol I'm writing a novel right now even though my fans want something else, but I'm just going to keep on writing it until I'm finished, even if nobody likes it.

Thanks for the intricate reply. You're a great writer, and I wish you luck on future endeavors.

MiaoLong

01-03-2013

No problem. Don't let up on your end either. Keep fighting!

W4ddleBuff

01-03-2013

Quote:
No problem. Don't let up on your end either. Keep fighting!
^^ Thanks!

randomfatguy

01-03-2013

1 question, what lv are u, just wondering