Nunu 2 8.33%
Sona 4 16.67%
Soraka 1 4.17%
Taric 4 16.67%
Volibear 1 4.17%
Other 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Jarvan IV support viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KenjiKatana

01-01-2013

I like to play Jarvan as a support for my bot lane, i find him most useful when teamed with an adc who can burst. I don't see any jarvan supports though. Is he underrated or is there a reason why he shouldn't bot?

Skill utility overview
Passive: bonus damage on hit
Q: percent armor reduction
W: shield+slow
E: bonus armor and attk speed, decent poke and zoning
R: DEMACIA ARENA OF DEATH (life = 1 flash)
EQ combo knock up stun

Build items:
Start= Armor, 2 hp pots, 2 sight wards
Next= Sightstone (saves much more money than old Heart of gold)
Next 2= boots and aegis

Side poll: Whos your favorite champion to support as/with

Cenerae

01-01-2013

If you're going to run Jarvan bot, don't run him as the support, just play him like normal. Except run with Leona as your partner. It is devastating if you combo your skills together correctly. Any other allied CCer would work well too.

I can think of worse people to support with than Jarvan, but I really think he's wasted there.

PrfsrChaos

01-01-2013

I think support Jarvan would be better if there was a way you could sort of catch up the cs during mid/late game.

Since he doesn't really have an easy way to farm I'd have to agree that his talents seem a bit wasted unless you are running a strict kill lane.

KenjiKatana

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrfsrChaos View Post
I think support Jarvan would be better if there was a way you could sort of catch up the cs during mid/late game.

Since he doesn't really have an easy way to farm I'd have to agree that his talents seem a bit wasted unless you are running a strict kill lane.
Supports don't focus much on gathering cs and the sightstone saves so much money and allows supports to buy more than they could in season 2 so I think cs is less of an issue and can be left more to the carries.
as proof of concept you could go 2 bot with no support but as long as one grabs a sightstone they are still able to buy their needed items without being so pressured to waste gold on wards