Would it perhaps be smart to make BC's passive only apply to the user?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MayoGetLow69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Hey there forums, not sure if this was brought up or not so here I go with my question.

I've read the thread about LW + BC and how, in this man's example, a 220 armor Maokai has his armor lowered to 65 (armor pen runes/masteries as well).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2931528 (^thread)

As irking as that was to read, I thought, perhaps it would make Black Cleaver "healther" to the current game if its current Unique Passive only applied its effects to the user rather than shredding the enemy's armor for the whole team.

We do, in fact, already have this in other forms, such as Sorceror's Shoes, penetration runes, etc (where the penetration is for that specific person only). If it was changed to be like this, it may be a little less of a let down to spend sooo much money on armor that otherwise seems negligible due to the Black Cleaver (though Last Whisper also affects this).

Thoughts?

aKyR1a

01-01-2013

I like this idea.

The current meta in the forums is to complain about AD suddenly becoming 'too powerful'.

But I really think a change in the game's meta is good. I mean, I'm tired of seeing APC mid all the time while bruiser falls off late game rather rapidly.

What I'm getting at is the current BC and LW definitely helps heroes like Talon to be more viable. Your suggestion would keep these heroes popular while keep AD from getting too rampant.

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with BC now, as I still prefer LW or even Youmuu even on talon. But I can see why people complain.

Having played dota for two year, I enjoyed seeing the metagame shift, and certainly enjoyed seeing creative strats that evolve with each patch. I think we shouldnt reject changes in the metagame and just embrace the fact that AD might just be more powerful in S3.

H0p0nP0p

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJetskis View Post
Hey there forums, not sure if this was brought up or not so here I go with my question.

I've read the thread about LW + BC and how, in this man's example, a 220 armor Maokai has his armor lowered to 65 (armor pen runes/masteries as well).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2931528 (^thread)

As irking as that was to read, I thought, perhaps it would make Black Cleaver "healther" to the current game if its current Unique Passive only applied its effects to the user rather than shredding the enemy's armor for the whole team.

We do, in fact, already have this in other forms, such as Sorceror's Shoes, penetration runes, etc (where the penetration is for that specific person only). If it was changed to be like this, it may be a little less of a let down to spend sooo much money on armor that otherwise seems negligible due to the Black Cleaver (though Last Whisper also affects this).

Thoughts?
u mean to say... just a weaker version of last whisper?? but can stack with last whisper??

no ty.... PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
/thread

Lumberjock

01-02-2013

He means to say penetration instead of armor shred, which is actually what he did say.

I dont see anything wrong with how it is right now. I believe the problem here is more likely a lack of team work during team fights. The wrong people die and the ones left do what their supposed to do=Carry. If you used to stack armor to ignore that ADC and show alistar what you think of him,it might be time to rethink things.