When the hell did Master Yi become OP????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

01-01-2013

Yup, people often complain about being forced to counter in champ select in blind-queue, but if your team is completely shut down by a single champion, or lacks any hard CC, then it's your fault as well... Some responsibility is needed, and coordination. It's a team game.

Eloquid

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Yup, people often complain about being forced to counter in champ select in blind-queue, but if your team is completely shut down by a single champion, or lacks any hard CC, then it's your fault as well... Some responsibility is needed, and coordination. It's a team game.
We were not shut down. We won by large margin. I just say it's stupid one champ can survive turret beating and all arsenal of significant damage dealer that Kayle is. Not only survive. Kill champ that's defending the turret and take over the point by not losing single hp. I hope my point is more clear now.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

if you don't have any type of interrupt and you keep walking in his alpha strike range by yourself with minions around then ya... he is op.

DiscworldDeath

01-01-2013

Dude, it's all about fighting to your strengths and not the opponent's.

Such is life. Like diving Kayle with her ult as late game Jax on her pt 1v1 and annihilating her. That can also happen.

I was making a general point, having a no hard CC team is a liability, and many champs are balanced around the expectancy the enemy team will have a good amount of hard CC. Otherwise, the heal would be instant and he'd have his resistances for X period of time afterwards, even if he'll root himself. The fact is the ability is designed around being interrupt-able, and on a pretty long CD.

bierfaust

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
We were not shut down. We won by large margin. I just say it's stupid one champ can survive turret beating and all arsenal of significant damage dealer that Kayle is. Not only survive. Kill champ that's defending the turret and take over the point by not losing single hp. I hope my point is more clear now.

Kayle has no hard CC e.g. a stun.

If you don't have a stun you will not beat AP yi in an end game fight.

Can you imagine how bull**** it would be if all carrys had a stun?

These types of situations are what keep carrys in check.

It's called role balance.
This type of situation is actually exactly how you want the game to be balanced. Every role/class/champion type, should have a direct counter that beats them, with a degree of skill required as well. That's how other MOBAs balance and LOL should be no exception. Granted LOL has too many champions and the line between roles are very blurred at times, this is actually why the game is so badly imbalanced at the moment. If Riot stopped trying to be fancy and just remembered the roles that heroes/champions should conform to, then it would make their job a lot easier, and more enjoyable for us as players. And you wouldn't have the insane amount of power-creep that exists in the game today.
Currently they are building champions around lanes and not match ups. Dat top lane/adc+support bot lane power-creep.

SLAUGHTERHOUSEqq

01-01-2013

one word, ignite

smXho

01-02-2013

executioners calling where???

Oh, also if you are fighting AP yi, good luck, because you have no hard cc to cancel his meditate out

Volandum

01-02-2013

Exec is BAD. Ignite is bad.

AP Yi should not be able to burst you 1v1, stack lifesteal and you should remain healthy, remember all he has is his Q and he doesn't get any more levels in it after 9.

Eloquid

01-02-2013

No matter how many times I repeat it, nobody seems to notice that our garrisoned turret was beating that ****in yi at the same time as me. I'm NOT complaining about not being able to take ap yi down as kayle, for god's sake. Matter of fact, I just started playing Kayle and although I almost always carry with her, I'm not as good with her as with some other champs and I believe it was my lack of skills that got me killed. but TURRET. ppl. TURRET was firing at him at the same time as me, not taking one single hp from him. So ok, If being able to take TURRET AND champion beating at the same time and keep all the hp isn't OP according to you (although even Singed with his ulti can't do that), then it isn't. Thanks for all the valuable input.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

except singed with his ult can ****ing hurt you. master yi isn't damaging you so stop blowing all your skills on a meditating yi. patiences! wait and destroy him when all he has is a single alpha strike for the fight that follows.