Stomping lane in ranked, but lose when teamfights come into play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djsjr

01-01-2013

I'm not too sure what our problem is.

Our whole thing is this...we try to go for champions to counter the other team, but what ends up happening is that we get lane dominance, but in teamfights we just get stomped by global ults and other things even if we win our lanes.

Is our problem just that? Should we not focus on counter picking and go for the weaker lane phase for a better teamfight? What sort of comps would those be? What are your experiences with them? I'd love some insight.

powwder

01-01-2013

if you are having trouble in teamfights its one of three things

1) you guys are building wrong. for example a xin who builds damage and dominates 1v1 fights top solo, but goes into teamfights and gets melted in half a second.

2) you are picking the wrong champs. for example, lets say the opponent picks a karthus mid. le blanc would counter him well, but is almost useless in teamfights.

3) the most common one.....you guys are making mistakes. did someone get caught? are you not grouping? do you get into 4v5's a lot? do you cluster when they have a lot of aoe? do you stand in aoe? are you targettting the right person? can you protect your squishies? do you initiate in bad spots (bushes hiding them). do you dive? dou you chase?

little stupid things like these will make the difference. if your adc can;t position himself right it doesn;t matter how fed he is, hes useless. if your ap mid nukes the tank it doesn;t matter how much he dominated the lane. if everyone uses all their cc/ults on the tank......little things like this will cost you teamfights.

if you are dominating in lane and have the gold advantage, then it has to be one of these 3.

TreemeisterLOL

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsjr View Post
I'm not too sure what our problem is.

Our whole thing is this...we try to go for champions to counter the other team, but what ends up happening is that we get lane dominance, but in teamfights we just get stomped by global ults and other things even if we win our lanes.

Is our problem just that? Should we not focus on counter picking and go for the weaker lane phase for a better teamfight? What sort of comps would those be? What are your experiences with them? I'd love some insight.
I find that knowing your hero is better than counter picking, dont get me wrong, counter pickig is affective, but knowng thechampyou ply will win you the gme. Also if its a 5 and not solo que, think of team comps. Oriana, Amumu and Rumble as a comp can win you a fight just because they all synergize so well witht heir ultimates. Just having knowldge of your hero and having a good comp is better than counter picking if you ask me, unless you completely poop all over your lane and make them useless.