The implementation is done, but we want the map to have a chance to mature First

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Norne - The PR Guy. Makes up **** and pretends to be your friend to cover the fact they are doing nothing.
Brackhar - A game tech who's very job is to work on the game code. He knows his ****.

Point being - you are very gullible.
Guess who did the BFT nerfs (after adding it in the first place, plus more nerfs in the pipe), helped get BC nerfed, brought us Grez and Wooglets, and tweaked the Aura? Protip: it was the one hired to do so.

Now guess who has done absolutely nothing for Dominion in the past 6 months, if anything past the design and initial implementation?

VoidInsanity

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Now guess who has done absolutely nothing for Dominion in the past 6 months
You.

The Fizznity

01-01-2013

Quote:
You.
No **** sherlock! I'm not employed by Riot...

Damieh

01-01-2013

Where did brackar say that?

HaIfhearted

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damieh View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post15177954

Basically, they have the framework for ranked completed and just sitting around collecting dust.
Not sure what they're waiting on.

VoidInsanity

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
No **** sherlock! I'm not employed by Riot...
And Nourne isn't employed by Riot to make things happen, he is employed by Riot to tell you what is happening (IE Nothing). Want to know who is employed todo things and is able to tell you what can/could be done if they was allowed todo it? Brackhar. This is why you do not ask Iron Stylus balance questions, its not his domain just like the technical side of things is not Nornues and most certainly is not yours. Take what Nourne says with a bucket of salt, all he does is relay the message from people above him. He has no power of his own, if he did then things would of got sorted ages ago. The only thing that has happened is an aura change, and that was mostly due to S3 being a massive spanner and not him. If you read the topic of Nornues original plans to change the aura there was a massive blacklash since he had no clue what was needed, but thankfully he listened and we got some minor improvements to the map for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damieh View Post
Why not try clicking the quote to take you to it?

DiscworldDeath

01-02-2013

Chronicle, it's Nome, with an M, like in McDonald's, not R+N, which in non-capitalized format does seem similar.

A Slime Appears

01-02-2013

Quote:
And Nourne isn't employed by Riot to make things happen, he is employed by Riot to tell you what is happening (IE Nothing). Want to know who is employed todo things and is able to tell you what can/could be done if they was allowed todo it? Brackhar. This is why you do not ask Iron Stylus balance questions, its not his domain just like the technical side of things is not Nornues and most certainly is not yours. Take what Nourne says with a bucket of salt, all he does is relay the message from people above him. He has no power of his own, if he did then things would of got sorted ages ago. The only thing that has happened is an aura change, and that was mostly due to S3 being a massive spanner and not him. If you read the topic of Nornues original plans to change the aura there was a massive blacklash since he had no clue what was needed, but thankfully he listened and we got some minor improvements to the map for once.
Knowing all that, you must work for Riot. So, why haven't YOU fixed dom yet?

Redenbacher

01-02-2013

Fun fact: Brackhar was taken off Dominion shortly after it's release. I wouldn't be surprised if he had no idea what was going on with it any longer.

Furthermore, as far as I understand the role, RiotNome (with an m, not an r, n, u, or e...) is effectively the 'lead designer' of Dominion, Twisted Treeline, and Proving Grounds. He is responsible for top-level design decisions made for each map. Kind of like Morello is the lead designer for League of Legends (but really just SR).

The guys who write the code, in my experience, have little in terms of a holistic view of what they are trying to achieve. They're given requirements, they write code to meet those requirements, and haven't much desire to understand what role those lines of code play in the overarching design goals. There's nothing wrong with that. That's why you have people like RiotNome who manage the changes from the top, with a solid understanding of how it will impact the customer. RiotNome says, "I need this item that does these things." It's up to the software engineers to make that happen, but they might not understand or care why that item is getting made/remade.

I could be completely wrong in these assumptions. I'm speaking from my own experience with software design in a very different industry. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Given that none of us work for Riot, I'll take everything said here with a grain of salt. One thing I'm fairly confident about is that Nome is not just a PR rep.

All of that being said, I see no reason for the inflammatory remarks in this thread. We want ranked, and we want an explanation as to why there isn't ranked. A few weeks ago, it was explained that Dominion has much larger issues that will not be solved by a Ranked mode. There's the chicken-or-the egg argument that, people don't play Dominion because there is no Ranked, and we don't have Ranked because people don't play Dominion... but that really paints the picture in far too few colors. There are many variables at play, much of which we simply don't have the data to understand completely. Point is, we must work on balancing the mode as much as possible before moving on to the next step.

Damieh

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post15177954

Basically, they have the framework for ranked completed and just sitting around collecting dust.
Not sure what they're waiting on.
Haha they were talking about season TWO ranked there in 2011!

We are on 2013 now and there's no hope for ranked this year.

Brackhar wants to wait for the map to "mature"? The map has already "matured". Hell, it's even close to dying!

12345678 ... 10