Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NewK1nd

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
I had a second kid and it really made it hard to play ranked until he was a bit older. He's older, so now more ranked is being played.
+1 for kids!

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

12-31-2012
33 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
@800 elo, how many 4v5s have you played so far?
Probably 1 in 10, but it's 50/50 which team is 4.

Clint Otterwood

12-31-2012

*Shivers* I remember 800 elo. Hopefully you can climb out of that.

Also congrats on the kid.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

12-31-2012
34 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znt View Post
Cute fake story. But here's what happens in reality - the smurf would have either ignored what you said and continue to rage because he deems you inferior, or rage even harder and make matters worse.

I love how no one outside of riot employees insist that "setting a good example" works. It doesn't. I have tried countless times, only to get shot down by a teenager with anger issues. They always ignore any advice or suggestions I make or flame me in return. I have had at least 30 such instances in the same number of situations.

Perhaps I'm just not lucky enough to get paired with mature teammates. Oh well.
You are never going to win all your games, you just need to win more than half. I have been playing for months without Riot in my name and I still see some negative game, but it is certainly not constant. I also rarely come across someone who simply will not play with the team, and in my experience, that guy is the one who thinks he is the pro and we are losing because we don't listen to him.

For example, when you know your team has weaker communication, don't do a level 1 invade. You need to be in sync for that. Start the game off slow and cautious, get to know each others style and skill level. It's not reasonable to expect yelling at your team will make them instantly better, you need to find a strategy that works for the skill you have.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

12-31-2012
35 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Space View Post
*Shivers* I remember 800 elo. Hopefully you can climb out of that.

Also congrats on the kid.
Just won a game with Xin, now up to 830. I think a year end goal of 1200 is probably doable.

Ranked is a very different animal than normals or per-made.

ThisTimeForREALS

12-31-2012

You've got 8 hours to years end, GOGOGO

Clint Otterwood

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
Just won a game with Xin, now up to 830. I think a year end goal of 1200 is probably doable.

Ranked is a very different animal than normals or per-made.
True, although doing by the end of 2012 seems not. xD

Good luck, I wanna see if i can get platinum by may. Lets see how that goes.

bliu23

12-31-2012

Low elo true terror

TheCokeMaster

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadious View Post
Good luck! My suggestion to avoid the crazies is to avoid playing at night. I seem to have much better games midday to evening.
People play this on all different time zones. I don't think this really works..

Jungle Rammus

12-31-2012

sigh.. just hit level 30 today and so far...

game 1 : perfectly normal match

Game 2: I somehow was convinced to not dodge when the jungler locked in nidilee..... ez rage quit after feeding 4 kills in under 10 minutes and gg..

game 3: I called top, enemy went chogath so I tried to go olaf which now I realize was a derp choice but either way we would have lost considering Mid and Bot lanes Fed even more then me early game...

Game 4 champion select : darius tried to jungle, 2 people were arguing over a previous match, and we had no ADC... anxd no one would dodge so then I had too.. now I sit waiting for an hour for another match...

people who play ranked are so much more derp then the people I met in normal games..