Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slamcow

12-30-2012

In custom games, you can only see the wins and ranked stats of people that enter after you

Sn0wY

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hey, I didnt see anything about skins on here so I have an odd question.. It's something that's been on my brain for a while.. Recently, as a lot of people have noticed, our quality of skins has gone up, including sometimes near reworks of entire champions when we produce skins. We do custom animations, particles, and a lot of other features. It's a big improvement from what we refer to now as "color swaps", when sometimes skins were just palette changes, or maybe small geometry tweaks on the model at most.

Oh yeah, my question! How do you guys feel about "costume change" skins. Maybe not so much entire sweeping thematic shifts, but maybe just s different treatment of basic look, outfit or armor. Being on the skins team off and on, I really love taking our characters to the nines. One things I've noticed is that sometimes, depending on the champion, some champions can accommodate really incredible and compelling themes, or have real estate for a lot of visual change, and have huge opportunities for particle changes or custom animations, etc, However, sometimes i feel some can't, that's opinion though. Also, sometimes I feel as though champions might just need what basically comes down to a "costume change" to give some new flavor, or something simple and novel. It's a not the greatest term, but I can't really think of something better to use to refer to something that sort of, at most, geometry changes and maybe minor tweaks in other areas.

What are some thoughts on this? This is entirely a curiosity of mine, and this is no promise of any such content, but I'm always looking for opportunities to bring interesting content to players, and I'm wondering if maybe a "lower" tier of what I've described above is of interest.

AGAIN! This is no commitment to features, I just genuinely am interested in feelings about this stuff. I have no idea nor any opinion on pricing or any of that, I'm interested in what sort of themes are appropriate, what scope such skins might encompass, and what players feel about what equates to possibly a less packed piece of content than the current lot of skins in terms of VFX, animation and other features.

So, whaddaya think?

yes.... $5 skin vs the 15-20$ skin it will stop the kiddies from crying because they can have a cheap skin, and i can have an amazing skin. its simple we need both a cheap skin and an epxensive skin

Kyattsu

12-30-2012

Lots to say about skins so here goes:
More skins released with less additional features would be great. I don't want particle changes just for the sake of having them (and in some cases it makes me dislike the skin, see: no crows in crowstorm for dark candy Fiddle) especially when I just want a different look. Colour changes to existing particles are a cool change if it fits, but otherwise you don't NEED these.

This lower tier of skin quality also makes the better skins stand out more, that particles and animations aren't just the expected norm but are instead additional extras. That also makes it easier to see exactly why you're paying more for some skins than others and what to expect from the different price points.

Sometimes there's certain champions I simply don't want great shifts off of their theme, since I like those characters for being them and having the personality they have. There should be skin options that work with what they've already got to make it more awesome (Skarner for example, he has the best base model ever.) I own no Skarner skins right now despite him being one of my favourite champions, simply because there are no skins that offer a look I like more than his base.

Explore more of your ideas for skins, especially just the smaller but still cool ideas that don't need anything else but a shift in their look.

P.S. Oni Trundle.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s/a/a7/Oni.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0qqodluZvG...M/s640/Oni.jpg

Ishinokao

12-30-2012

If the idea is for it to be an upgraded base skin, it better be available for IP.

BøzidaR

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Hi Bastilean, you're welcome ! Thanks for your opinion. Regarding Gragas' passive, it's not the only one with a bugged / oversimplified tooltip, many other champions have the same issue, I included that in the Interface section.

I understand your stance about a pause feature, but this is a very popular request - especially from people who played other MOBAs. Here are a few counterpoints : a pause doesn't "encourage people to dc", it prevents temporary and unpredictable dc's from altering the result of the game. It's, in my opinion, very fair. You compared it to real sports ; well, in real sports, there's always a referee who has the power to stop the game at any time due to exceptional circumstances (wounded player, power shortage, disruption of the game by an external source...). In soccer, there's an untold rule where players themselves stop the game if someone is wounded and the referee doesn't notice.
Of course there would be limits to such a feature to prevent abuse of all sorts, for example a time limit, a limited number of pauses per game, the impossibility to pause during major events (teamfights, baron, etc)...But this is a discussion for another time
Lastly, many disconnections are caused by Riot servers / client, not by ISP's / players' connections. Issues caused by Riot should be fixed by Riot, and this is the easiest fix (the hard one would be to fix the whole client...)

Is that a known / common issue ? Never heard of it.

Google it...it's pretty common but I can't seem to find a fix

KaXaSA51

12-31-2012

bump

Tipio

12-31-2012

Haven't read 44 pages of requests but my favorite feature from beta was the Top 3 most played champions for non-ranked games.

Really missing that feature, especially with their individual win/loss.

I think bringing a more personalized "player card" to the player would be beneficial.

Most bought item.
Most used mastery.
Number of health pots consumed.
Just a fun fact report-card style sheet that is either randomly sent out or you can generate.

I know Riot is tracking like 10TB of data a day or something, I just wish we could have access to a dashboard or similar.

ExaltedVanguard

12-31-2012

A few things (all exemplified by Shyvana!):
A good example of the hitbox issue mentioned in the main post is Shyvana's E. It's much wider than it appears. (On this note, I'd rather see the particle expanded than the hitbox shrunk).

QoL: Make dashes slightly more forgiving when traveling over walls and remove the face-plant stun.

If you don't make it 100% over a wall with a dash, you basically self-stun yourself. With a blink, you only have to make it 51% and you go through. Dashes shouldn't be THAT forgiving, but it always sucks when you know you were 98% through and not only fail to get through the wall, but give the enemies a free stun too.

QoL: Allow activation of non-targeted, no cast-time skills (such as Shyvana's Q and W) during a dash.

QoL: Give single-target, wide skillshots some degree of intelligence when used on jungle monsters.

If I stand directly in front of red and fire shyv's E straight at red, the corner of the skillshot's rectangle will hit a small mob first. But if I shoot it at an angle toward a small mob, the corner hits red first instead. I literally aim at what I don't want to hit. Obviously, this is only an issue for skill shots that only hit one target. Some logic should be applied here so I aim at red to hit red. This "auto-aim" should apply only to jungle monsters so we can still save people by eating spears and whatnot.

This could be fixed by creating a super-thin hitbox out in front of the actual projectile. This hitbox only "hits" jungle monsters. If it connects with a jungle monster, the projectile will ignore all other jungle monsters on its path. It will still hit a champion, should one happen to walk in front of you.

Skins: I'd love to see Riot implement some of the fan-made skins.

Whiteout Shyvana roitplox

RiotRayanami

Software Engineer

12-31-2012
14 of 15 Riot Posts

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to compile such a comprehensive list on behalf of the community. Your effort is much appreciated and will be helpful towards making League of Legends a better game for all of us. I will look into some of the gameplay + interface features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Gameplay :

● Fix : Some skillshots such as Nidalee's spear are invisible from time to time. This appears to be more common on proving grounds.
I fixed an issue with invisible skillshots coming out of bushes / fog of war in Patch 1.72.

It's still possible for skillshots to be invisible for high latency connections. If you're playing at <100 ms I would expect it to be rare.
It's still possible for skillshots to be invisible if you fire it a very short distance out of a bush. This could happen at the double bush setup on the left side of Proving Grounds.

Can you provide more details on when you see the invisible spear such as map, location, Nidalee skin, latency?

I realize you can't actually see invisible spears, but you know what I mean.

Wags

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hey, I didnt see anything about skins on here so I have an odd question.. It's something that's been on my brain for a while.. Recently, as a lot of people have noticed, our quality of skins has gone up, including sometimes near reworks of entire champions when we produce skins. We do custom animations, particles, and a lot of other features. It's a big improvement from what we refer to now as "color swaps", when sometimes skins were just palette changes, or maybe small geometry tweaks on the model at most.

Oh yeah, my question! How do you guys feel about "costume change" skins. Maybe not so much entire sweeping thematic shifts, but maybe just s different treatment of basic look, outfit or armor. Being on the skins team off and on, I really love taking our characters to the nines. One things I've noticed is that sometimes, depending on the champion, some champions can accommodate really incredible and compelling themes, or have real estate for a lot of visual change, and have huge opportunities for particle changes or custom animations, etc, However, sometimes i feel some can't, that's opinion though. Also, sometimes I feel as though champions might just need what basically comes down to a "costume change" to give some new flavor, or something simple and novel. It's a not the greatest term, but I can't really think of something better to use to refer to something that sort of, at most, geometry changes and maybe minor tweaks in other areas.

What are some thoughts on this? This is entirely a curiosity of mine, and this is no promise of any such content, but I'm always looking for opportunities to bring interesting content to players, and I'm wondering if maybe a "lower" tier of what I've described above is of interest.

AGAIN! This is no commitment to features, I just genuinely am interested in feelings about this stuff. I have no idea nor any opinion on pricing or any of that, I'm interested in what sort of themes are appropriate, what scope such skins might encompass, and what players feel about what equates to possibly a less packed piece of content than the current lot of skins in terms of VFX, animation and other features.

So, whaddaya think?
I really appreciate humorous skins such as "definitely not Blitzcrank" or "Rumble in the Jungle"

but i also really appreciate Lore driven skins such as "Arclight Varus"

I really want more shaco skins.