How do I tell my friends that they're bad?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DDOSingToDiamond

12-30-2012

I mean.. I'm not saying I'm pro or anywhere near it. I've had my bad days and I get all that.

But every time I play with this certain group of people, we just lose terribly. I'll carry them most of the game, I'll go maybe 15/4/5 or something, but they've just fed so hard that there's no way to even stop the enemy team. They have absolutely no map awareness, and blow all their ults just to secure one kill on a person who got caught, so when their team catches up, they're caught with all their abilities on cooldown.

I mean they're funny and cool and all.. But every time I play with them I just cringe at their poor choices, like taking Riven bot as a support, or rushing Homeguard on their Berserker's Greaves for jungle Nautilus.

Really...

Jack of Fury

12-30-2012

like this

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Grow a set...

Tell them they suck.

Move on with life.

It's like people have to have everything sugarcoated for them.

RiotDerivative

Data Scientist

12-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

"I think you need to practice with me more!"

Gets your point across, and you get to have more friend time.

ninbushido

12-30-2012

1. Don't play with them.
or
2. Give constructive criticism instead.

Fayori

12-30-2012

With some of my friends, I had to ask "do you want to win this game?" when they suggested doing something that typically doesn't work. If they were more focused on the "fun of it" than winning, then at least that was established beforehand. Other times they'd back down from their silly decision and actually play somewhat seriously if they did want to win. Maybe putting it in perspective will help both sides of this, because they might not care about winning as much as you do.

Iustis

12-30-2012

Inhouse custom games seems to be the way my friends say some of us need to improve.

Bad Luck Braum

12-30-2012

How many ways do you suck?

Shall I compare thee to a lonely winters eve?

Pikachuux3

12-30-2012

If they aren't your real life friends.

Delete, or decline their invites for a game.

If they are you real life friends, just tell it to them straight. I don't think they'll take it personally.

Fenragg

Recruiter

12-30-2012

A similar thing happens with me when I play with my friends... Although they don't do troll builds (usually. But they know when they are), they just make major gamethrowing decisions. When I play with them, I often try and point out their mistakes and what they can do to improve.