The implementation is done, but we want the map to have a chance to mature First

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
And then everybody is back in Normals a week later due to heinous queue times.
Ranked will fixed the queue times since everyone will start with the same elo.

Redeemed In Fire

12-30-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2852006

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Ranked will fixed the queue times since everyone will start with the same elo.
Riot has said before that SR ranked is only a couple percent of it's total SR playerbase. How would... 2000 people make any form of a viable ranked queue?

Das Strychnine

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2852006

Riot has said before that SR ranked is only a couple percent of it's total SR playerbase. How would... 2000 people make any form of a viable ranked queue?
They probably count accounts created vs number of active players, Or do you actually believe this game has 30 million active people?

Redeemed In Fire

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
They probably count accounts created vs number of active players, Or do you actually believe this game has 30 million active people?
I don't think they are that dumb...

SylianEUW

12-30-2012

Dominion was ready for ranked. Then Blackfire Torch came. And Black Cleaver. And pre-Season 3 changes.

Dominion has some rebalancing to do before it's ready for ranked, because at the moment, it's a mess.

KaWraith

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Dominion was ready for ranked. Then Blackfire Torch came. And Black Cleaver. And pre-Season 3 changes.

Dominion has some rebalancing to do before it's ready for ranked, because at the moment, it's a mess.
TT has never been fixed, and has had ranked all along.

95% of dominion's balance issues can be solved by banning OP champions.

The real reason we don't have ranked is that it really isn't as simple as flipping a switch to make it happen, and riot has basically 0 financial incentive to enable ranked dominion.

Phourc

12-30-2012

Quote:
This has gone on long enough. The criteria is met, it's been over an entire year. The metagame is stable, flip the switch.
I believe if you search around, there's a nome-post saying that Brackhar didn't really know what he was talking about, or didn't clearly convey what he knew or whatever - point being, ranked would take ~1 month of dedicated engineer-time to implement.

I'd rather have them work on stuff like continued balancing, dominion-specific loading tips (hint hint - really cool other thread on the front page that I hope Nome sees), increasing player interest in Dominion.

Like... I know Nome heads up (or maybe is the sole member?) of a Dom/TT/PG team - but is there anyone on that team working to generate player interest? I would guess that 97% of League players play nothing but SR, wouldn't it be neat if they had something pushing them to explore and learn the other modes?

Stuff like visibility, thread-moving, player perception are sadly way more important to dominion's survival than ranked due to some serious mismanagement that's happened over the last year and a half.

VoidInsanity

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
I believe if you search around, there's a nome-post saying that Brackhar didn't really know what he was talking about, or didn't clearly convey what he knew or whatever - point being, ranked would take ~1 month of dedicated engineer-time to implement.
Norne - The PR Guy. Makes up **** and pretends to be your friend to cover the fact they are doing nothing.
Brackhar - A game tech who's very job is to work on the game code. He knows his ****.

Point being - you are very gullible.

Orphane

12-31-2012

Quote:
Norne - The PR Guy. Makes up **** and pretends to be your friend to cover the fact they are doing nothing.
Brackhar - A game tech who's very job is to work on the game code. He knows his ****.

Point being - you are very gullible.
Welp

Clearly there's reasonable discussion to be had here with the original poster

smXho

12-31-2012

Since everyone is arguing about queue time on ranked if its implemented

Assume 50% of player base that does blind pick move to ranked, because from every one i know that plays dom, over 90% wants to play ranked anyway...

Yes, if you are at the very top elo, your queue time is long, much like it is right now.
If you have average elo, your queue time in blind is roughly 1-2 minute, make it 50%, so 2-4minute
Then you have the in between top elo and average elo, the high elo, which we can expect 10 minute max queue time
Then the low elo who is harder to predict their queue time, but i fail to see it being over, say, 15 minute.

So even if you have a high elo, current draft is 100 minute queue time, and ranked is around 10 minute, are you seriously telling me that is not acceptable?

1234567 ... 10