Painkillar's 101ish Nifty Tips to Counter Dominion Gimmicks and Raise Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireZ42

12-30-2012

Do you guys really get that into it? I just pick whoever the hell I want to play and try to kill people. Such a simple thing already has me in "high elo" with you guys.

Painkillar

12-30-2012

added more stuff

konfetarius

12-30-2012

Quote:
When to Ignore This Guide
If Infe ed, SifuCalvin, Konfetarius, or Sauron are in the game then just ignore everything and b-line for them. Because what matters isn't whether you win or lose, it's about Infe ed getting sent to the graveyard, which makes the match all worthwhile.
Worthless. Where is the Aparkhurst clause?

****'s sake Painkillar, how can you look your family in the eyes after this?

Painkillar

12-30-2012

aparkhurst clause and zimike added so that my family will once again accept me.

konfetarius

Panzerzs

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
added more stuff
-Sick guide o.o
-I really like our team comp in general, if you get people complaining or having issues with bruisers, try emphasizing about the "cc gg" champs that just lock down bruisers along with strict team comps ~ (Writing this into your guide is up to you, azns are kinda dumb, thanks to Russians) ._.

-Something else you can add....on top of the "cc champs" countering bruisers if played correctly:

~Bruisers & Burst Bruisers(assassins) ~ The biggest strength a bruiser can have (especially jax, darius, talon) in dom is map control (I'm talking about control in not only your own jungle, but sneaking into the enemy jungle to gank their floaters, you know how I sneak into the enemy's jungle)
~Biggest bruiser's weakness? Get map control, get cc to counter their plays - It's pretty funny when people notice how easy it is to take out bruisers when they are randomly walking in their own jungle while your whole team is waiting to ambush them in the brush
~Aparkhurst Clause = AKA Operation Gank Aparkhurst Bot

That's all, hope it helped ._.

Arial

01-01-2013

This is wonderful and I wish it had come sooner. Sadly I do not play LoL nearly as much as I used to with the death of blind pick Dominion. Nowadays BP leaves me with "lol look at this troll picking revive" for teamates >.<

Thanks for the tips and I'll be sure to pass this along ^^

Kholdstare13

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
Pro tip: Your team shouldn't really have more than 1 or 2 Bruisers and if you have 3-5 bruisers you're going to have a hard time vs any decent balanced team. Optimal team comp is 1 Tank/Initiator (Amumu/Malphite, 1 Bruiser ( J4/Wukong/Vi/Pantheon) 1 Ranged AP (Brand/Teemo/Kassadin) 1 Random (Usually AD Carry is best but due to recent meta an Assassin like Talon or Eve is probably better now) and 1 Bot lane champion.
Sounds great, but as I said, it's kind of an elo hell. My teammates never have a real sense of positioning, so a normal team comp just fails. The tank, if we have one, goes off with the bruisers to dive/chase 1 random person on their team, leaving their bruisers free to simple walk casually through our team to the AD/Ap carry, stick on them, and kill them outright. Worst of all is a team retreat, none of them use any of their cc, and simply ourtun and abandon the carry to be sacrificed to the enemy. I've even taken to rushing iceborn on Ezreal for team kiting ability.

You never answered if elo is linked or not. If it is, I bet I could farm it up on SR and maybe get to a point in dom where teamwork has some actual value.

HaIfhearted

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
You never answered if elo is linked or not. If it is, I bet I could farm it up on SR and maybe get to a point in dom where teamwork has some actual value.
Dominion elo is completely separate from SR.
If you wanna get out of "elo hell", you'll have to carry your way out like everyone else.

Painkillar

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
Sounds great, but as I said, it's kind of an elo hell. My teammates never have a real sense of positioning, so a normal team comp just fails. The tank, if we have one, goes off with the bruisers to dive/chase 1 random person on their team, leaving their bruisers free to simple walk casually through our team to the AD/Ap carry, stick on them, and kill them outright. Worst of all is a team retreat, none of them use any of their cc, and simply ourtun and abandon the carry to be sacrificed to the enemy. I've even taken to rushing iceborn on Ezreal for team kiting ability.

This is a thread on how to make people more knowledgeable about dominion, and for them to take that knowledge to better themselves. Not to complain about how it's all their teammates fault, and how one is doing everything right whereas there teammates do everything wrong.

Before you start criticizing, make sure that everything YOU are doing is up to par.

First, you need to start building correctly on your champions. This is probably one of the best self improvement techniques anyone can do to better themselves, regardless of elo or skill level.

Second, as Sauron posted on his guide, attitude is everything. I'm usually not a fan of this cheezy rhetoric, but no matter how corny it sounds, it's 100 correct. If you spend all game typing because you are mad at your teammates, things will fall apart fast. There is always a way to win in dominion if you keep your cool. If you need to vent, do it after the game. Though ideally don't do it at all.

Third, if a carry is ever in a position at any point in the game where he finds himself 1v4, or "being sacrificed." He was out of position.

Lastly is a pro tip, you can actually use your teammates **** ups to your advantage. For instance, there was a teemo one game that constantly pushed the lane and would get himself killed by the enemy team every time because of it. So i would hide in a bush of my choosing and wait for their carry to come by so i could kill him, making it a 4v3 situation in my favor that would have been a 3v4 in the other teams favor. Or if the entire team was there i would run out of the bush and laugh spam so that they would chase me instead of killing the teemo.

This is all i can tell you, if you want to post again about how it's still your teammates and elo hell that is making you lose, I won't dignify you with a response; because, like i stated this is a thread for personal improvement, not a complaint thread. And as haif said, if you want out of the elo hell, you will have to carry yourself out of it, just like we all had to.