Is Diana evil? More stories pls.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArmySquirrel

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
There is indeed reason for you suspect something of the like. If not directly, some connection, possibly unrequited from one side.

Again, tragedy!
I seem to recall someone from the Diana team suggesting somewhere (I think the reddit AMA on Diana at her release) that Leona really barely knew Diana prior to the elders being killed. The explanation being that Diana was but one of many Solari, and Leona's attentions were often brought elsewhere due to her being the Chosen of the Sun, but Diana might have looked up to her, as many did.

Led me to think Diana had a bit of a crush.

Glad you liked my post BTW, I was actually rather worried with it being so long.

Samflash3

12-30-2012

How can someone wearing all that makeup not be evil
See image below

Hoisengerd

12-30-2012

Diana can be an antihero or a tragic hero as seen by her lore; "Diana's anger and sorrow overwhelmed her desire for acceptance."

antihero
Noun
A central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.

tragic hero
noun
a great or virtuous character in a dramatic tragedy who is destined for downfall, suffering, or defeat

& i'm pretty sure she is tied to Nami in her lore; "There, on the night of the winter solstice of the hundredth year, the Tidecaller makes a ceremonial exchange with a landwalker bearing a moonstone."

we only know of one people who worshiped the moon

so no, she is not "evil"

Pius Leviticus

12-30-2012

Quote:
The Diana/Leona arc is hard to match sometimes because its sort of an Olympian conflict between characters that are near godlike.
*hurriedly types to finish fanfic*

And... then... they... kissed...

Narilera

12-30-2012

Quote:
snip

Thank you IronStylus. I love reading lore and stuff about lore, and this was awesome. you made my night with that wall of text.

Yma Sumac

12-30-2012

Lore is garbage to begin with

everything is a copypasta of warhammer and warcraft

the stories are poorly written, and are obviously rushed

sometimes you don't even try anymore Riot, "HURRR DURR THIS PERSON CAME FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION"

Perhaps the only actually well written lore + judgement is Riven's

Downvote me all you want, you know it's true. That's why Riot has stopped releasing judgments because they are too busy pumping out more 6300s to make money, and realized that their lore was pure ****

krimsonKasper

12-30-2012

Quote:
The next champion that has my fingerprints on it I hope will have as much depth as Diana. The Diana/Leona arc is hard to match sometimes because its sort of an Olympian conflict between characters that are near godlike. The next character you'll see from the Diana team (myself, Volty and Runaan) will be a bit more humble most likely, but have depth nonetheless, but in a different way, probably more subtle.

Get OhMikegoodness to animate it, and you're going to swoon me off my feet.

(On a serious note, do you have an "Actual" Lore team? Or do members of other teams come together to make it? Sounds a bit dickish, not my intent. Its a serious question.

krimsonKasper

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisengerd View Post
Diana can be an antihero or a tragic hero as seen by her lore; "Diana's anger and sorrow overwhelmed her desire for acceptance."

antihero
Noun
A central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.

tragic hero
noun
a great or virtuous character in a dramatic tragedy who is destined for downfall, suffering, or defeat

& i'm pretty sure she is tied to Nami in her lore; "There, on the night of the winter solstice of the hundredth year, the Tidecaller makes a ceremonial exchange with a landwalker bearing a moonstone."

we only know of one people who worshiped the moon

so no, she is not "evil"

All I know is if she befriends the Merfolk, she best get a danged Illidan Skin.

Spectre4802

12-30-2012

Quote:
There is indeed reason for you suspect something of the like. If not directly, some connection, possibly unrequited from one side.

Again, tragedy!
Are you being vague because you yourself are on the fence as to what they are, and how they relate to each other?

cabrawr

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yma Sumac View Post
Lore is garbage to begin with

everything is a copypasta of warhammer and warcraft

the stories are poorly written, and are obviously rushed

sometimes you don't even try anymore Riot, "HURRR DURR THIS PERSON CAME FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION"

Perhaps the only actually well written lore + judgement is Riven's

Downvote me all you want, you know it's true. That's why Riot has stopped releasing judgments because they are too busy pumping out more 6300s to make money, and realized that their lore was pure ****
You mean everything is Joseph Campbell's monomyth. Many heroic stories share similar themes. It's their uniqueness that sets them apart.