Ask the Thunder's Roar, v2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
There was no tell for Udyr's strike due to its speed, save for a brief glint in his eye. By the time one could see his fist, it was already flying straight at Shyvana's face, his muscles groaning from the sheer impact he threw his entire body's weight with in order to uppercut the half-dragon. Fires billowed and roared from him, the wind howled from the cutting path, he was definitely angry.

His integrity was questioned, and he was called a coward. No one questions his integrity. No one.
Before the blow could land, an orb of energy sprang into existence around Shyvana, a manifestation of the Barrier spell that Bjorn had cast around her. Once it had dissipated, the summoner, who was still pale, still shaking, but now standing upright with his fists clenched, Exhausted the two Champions. Glaring at them both, he raised his own voice, still shaky from fear and anger.

"That is enough! If you wish to fight, take it to the Sparring Grounds! Take it outside! I don't care where you take it, but do not do so here! If you continue, I will send you elsewhere myself! Do I make myself clear?!"

AskUdyr

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedBile View Post
dear master bjorn,

chief volibo- volibear's outake on life reminds me of poodyr's. could u ask him if they are friends or aquantiences?

-bb

ps: if the manbearcat is there, pls dispose of this letter.
We will find you and we will tear your insolent tongue out. We have your scent.

((Will wait for Shyvana's reply before I reply to Bjorn. Oh Bjorn, we knew ye well.))

Ask Volibear

12-30-2012

Quote:
dear master bjorn,

chief volibo- volibear's outake on life reminds me of poodyr's. could u ask him if they are friends or aquantiences?

-bb

ps: if the manbearcat is there, pls dispose of this letter.
The summoner read the letter and pinched his brow as though to stave off a headache. He moved to reply to it, but stopped when he noticed the Animal Spirit's reply.

Quote:
We will find you and we will tear your insolent tongue out. We have your scent.
Taking out a sheet of paper, he attached something of his own to Udyr's response.

If you have any last wishes or last requests, my grammatically-challenged acquaintance, make them now and get your affairs in order. Perhaps contact a casket-maker or crematorium. And enjoy your tongue while you still have it.

-Summoner Bjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
Oh um.....No...I mean yes....but maybe......Why am I talking to myself,now I look like a idiot!?!
I'm sorry!!!
Now I forgot my question entirely!
NOOOO!!!
Bjorn looked impatiently at the confused summoner.

"Please keep your voice down and do not disturb the Chieftain. If you remember your question, feel free to write it down. I will take it back to him to have it answered."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Nunu View Post
Nunu grinned and leaned against the Ursines desk creating a snowball into his hand. Juggling it around the boy looked over at Volibear.

"At least they trust you enough to give you a attendant. None of the summoners want to get near my brother. Too afriad he will gobble them up like one of the monsters in the fields. Granted it would be nice to get help here and there back in my own place."

The boy tossed Bjorn the snowball hoping he would catch it. Talking joyfully as he did.

"How about it big guy, wanna come work for us. At least then if you make the yeti mad he won't tear you apart....just swallow you whole."

He turned his attention back to the cheiftan looking completly innocent as he did.

"I was acctually wondering how the Ursine winter solstice celebration went? Were you able to participate this year Voli?"
Volibear let out an unamused grunt.

"Perhaps you should speak to the Frost Archer about assigning you an attendant, then. That, and a request from the Institute that I allow him, are why he is there."

Bjorn caught the snowball, but it fell out of his shaking hands almost immediately. Staring blankly in front of him, he stammered out a most intelligent reply.

"N-n-n-nn-nnn-n-nn."

Volibear gave the summoner a brief glance and grumbled something about 'Sniveling cubs,' then turned back to the child.

"The Ursine do not celebrate the Winter Solstice as Freljord does, Yeti Rider. But yes. I was able to participate in the hunt without Summoner interruption, beside the rest of my tribe."

Ask Shyvana

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
Before the blow could land, an orb of energy sprang into existence around Shyvana, a manifestation of the Barrier spell that Bjorn had cast around her. Once it had dissipated, the summoner, who was still pale, still shaking, but now standing upright with his fists clenched, Exhausted the two Champions. Glaring at them both, he raised his own voice, still shaky from fear and anger.

"That is enough! If you wish to fight, take it to the Sparring Grounds! Take it outside! I don't care where you take it, but do not do so here! If you continue, I will send you elsewhere myself! Do I make myself clear?!"
Shyvana's move to counter Udyr's strike was interrupted by the summoner. She was visibly furious, but was slowly calming down.

"You are a very brave summoner." She said darkly, and looked at Udyr. "You have your wish, there will be no fighting here, so long as this human behaves himself."

Suripi Okami

12-30-2012

I'm sorry....I'm just really stressed out right now....just had two deaths happen recently,one even happened on my birthday.Doesnt help having a heavy case of depression before hand.....

AskUdyr

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Shyvana's move to counter Udyr's strike was interrupted by the summoner. She was visibly furious, but was slowly calming down.

"You are a very brave summoner." She said darkly, and looked at Udyr. "You have your wish, there will be no fighting here, so long as this human behaves himself."
Udyr was most definitely not happy having been thwarted. He looked over at Summoner Bjorn and emitted a bone chilling howl at him. Flames ripped out from his being and licked the walls behind him. Scorch marks would be seen as a part of the aftermath.

Once the beast man calmed down, he glared at Shyvana and snorted, "We are an animal, and we are human. We at least have accepted that about us, and we hold no illusion that pertains otherwise. We are human, but we are also other aspects. That is why it is we. When it is I, I will still be what you see: A human. Unlike you, Shyvana, we are aware of our place in the world."

Udyr looked over at Volibear and grunted, "And now for our question, the initial reason why we decided to visit. Shyvana, humor us, you can answer this as well: What is the point of having strength?"

BloatedBile

12-30-2012

dear thunder's roar,

do you keep in touch with you're allis? would you ever utilize them to expand the ursine territory?

-bb

ps: im unaware that champions can magically read letters. tell your editer that i should be fine but i apprechaite the corcern.

AskUdyr

12-30-2012

Quote:
dear thunder's roar,

do you keep in touch with you're allis? would you ever utilize them to expand the ursine territory?

-bb

ps: im unaware that champions can magically read letters. tell your editer that i should be fine but i apprechaite the corcern.
((Children check for the bogeyman under their bed at night. The bogeyman checks for Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris checks for Udyr.))

Ask Volibear

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suripi Okami View Post
I'm sorry....I'm just really stressed out right now....just had two deaths happen recently,one even happened on my birthday.Doesnt help having a heavy case of depression before hand.....
Bjorn sighed slightly.

"If you need counseling, this is not the place for it. Go find someone else. If you have a question for Volibear or myself, remain here. If you do not, please leave until you remember it."

Quote:
Udyr was most definitely not happy having been thwarted. He looked over at Summoner Bjorn and emitted a bone chilling howl at him. Flames ripped out from his being and licked the walls behind him. Scorch marks would be seen as a part of the aftermath.

Once the beast man calmed down, he glared at Shyvana and snorted, "We are an animal, and we are human. We at least have accepted that about us, and we hold no illusion that pertains otherwise. We are human, but we are also other aspects. That is why it is we. When it is I, I will still be what you see: A human. Unlike you, Shyvana, we are aware of our place in the world."

Udyr looked over at Volibear and grunted, "And now for our question, the initial reason why we decided to visit. Shyvana, humor us, you can answer this as well: What is the point of having strength?"
To Bjorn's credit, despite the howl and the flames, he remained where he was, body shaking in a mixture more heavy in fear than anger. When it seemed that there would be no more fighting for now, he let the Exhaust die, but kept his Summoner magic ready, just in case.

When Udyr looked over to him, the Ursine chieftain, who had been watching the exchange between the half dragon and the beastman with some interest, regarded him thoughtfully as he considered the question.

"To use it. To ensure your own survival, at the least, and ensure the survival of those closest to you, if you can. The purpose of my strength, both Ursine and Storm, is to protect myself and the tribe I am chieftain of."

He shot a glance at Shyvana.

"If you wish to speak about 'rights,' you have no 'right' to concern yourself with or judge what is beyond the reach of your strength. You can not judge that which is stronger than you, that which overwhelms your strength and ends your life. They were stronger, and you were weaker. That is not good. That is not bad. That is how things are. If you do not use your strength, or if you can use it no longer, something else will, be it plant or animal. Either way, your strength will be used and its purpose will be met."

Quote:
dear thunder's roar,

-bb

Quote:
Dear Sir,

I do not understand most of your letter and do not care to.

The Ursine do not need to expand their territory, and thus do not need to use their 'allis' to do so.

You wrote the letter in Common. He was in the room. He read it. Now he has your scent.

I am not concerned for you, but for the janitorial staff who will have to clean up what is left of you.

Have a nice life, or at least what is left of it before he finds you.

-Summoner Bjorn, Attendant to Volibear, the Thunder's Roar and Chieftain of the Ursine, and the only thing keeping said Chieftain from joining the Animal Spirit in hunting you.

PS: Your other letters are still in the trashbin. It's not too late for me to show them to him.

Ask Shyvana

12-30-2012

Quote:

"Strength has no point unless you use it for something." Shyvana said. "Just as gold has no value unless spent. And just as gold can be squandered on selfish greed, strength can be used for terrible deeds. But it can also be used to crush such evils under the banner of justice."